Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cshea2_gw

Tan Brown Granite? Yeah or Neigh?

cshea2
12 years ago

I'm in the process of painting my oak cabinets. I'll be matching the color of my wainscot and crown which is Behr Linen White. I have medium oak floors, black appliances and cream/champagne walls.

The granite guy just left my house to measure and it looks like tan brown is one of the only colors in my price range that I like. Does anyone have tan brown granite with white cabinets? If so can u post pics? I'm just hoping that its not too dark for the white cabinets. I also heard that it shows marks easily.....but I'm not that concerned as I'm obsessed with Windex!!!

Comments (9)

• janealexa
    12 years ago

I have tan brown granite and I love it. I have dark cabinets. Tan brown is dark and almost looks black from far away. It will definitely be a contrast to the white cabs, but your appliances are black...so it would seem that it would all tie in nicely.

• cshea2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Glad to hear you love Tan Brown. I'm painting my cabinets tomorrow so hopefully I'll have a better idea when it's done.....though this may be a week long process as I've never painted cabinets before.
    But i must say, when I held up the sample I had of tan brown to my wainscot trim.... I actually loved the way the 2 tones came together. I also love the copper tone in the granite. I'm also glad you said it almost looks black as black galaxy is one of my favorites but out of my price range.

• boxerpups
    12 years ago

I painted my cabinets, I should say they were already
    white but it still took me two weeks. A long process but
    I am glad I did it.

Tan brown is a granite that leans toward the rust and
    dark chocolate brown colors. And yes some slabs are
    almost black as someone mentioned. I have a few pictures
    of white with tan brown. I think if you added some brown
    or rust to your backsplash it could bring in the tone of
    the stone nicely to your space.

~boxer

This slab is a bit more red rust than the others I have
    seen.

Tan Brown Granite

Tan Brown Granite

Labrador Antique brown ( a little less red)

• cshea2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Boxer for the pics. Yes....that first pic does look more rust colored....but maybe because the backsplash is very "rusty" red. I just finished painting for the day (it's almost 7 pm) and we've been at it all day...cleaning first with TSP then 2 coats primer. I'm exhausted and my house is a disaster!!
    Btw....is that last pic antique brown or tan brown? It's very pretty. The 4th pic doesn't look like tan brown...not crazy about it.

Remodeling is insane.....time for some wine ;-))

• boxerpups
    12 years ago

I think it's tan brown but it looks like antique brown.

• janealexa
    12 years ago

Have you looked at Baltic brown granite? It also looks nice with white cabinets and I believe it is in the same price range as tan brown. My friend has white cabinets with baltic brown countertops and it is very pretty.

I do like boxerpups' picks of white with tan brown as well. Here are some pics of my tan brown granite even though my cabinets are not white:

• PRO
    Flodeal Private Limited
    11 years ago

Yes, you should use tan brown granite

Here is a link that might be useful: Tan Brown Granite

• amandapadgett
    11 years ago

We have Tan Brown granite and enjoy it very much. However, we have a 50/50 kitchen - our lowers are stained cherry and our uppers are cream (Bone White from Benj Moore).