Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So Cal Cabinets/Cabinet Maker - Recommendations

Posted by BlackChamois (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 15:42

Hi friends,

I am looking for some recommendations for a cabinet maker/company in So California - more specifically So Orange County.

I have been extremely disappointed in the quality, workmanship, professionalism of the guy who is doing my cabinets.

Right now I am considering pulling out the uppers and having them completely redone. If possible, I would like to keep the base cabs since the counters are in and I'd hate to incur the hassle/expense of replacing those too; and I don't have as many concerns on the lowers.

I will detail my issues in a separate post, but for now I'd like to start collecting some recommendations.

I want white shaker style - so someone who does a quality job with those!

Thank you in advance!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So Cal Cabinets/Cabinet Maker - Recommendations

Have you checked out Hile Studios?

o

katy-lou: I have not. I'll take a look. Thanks!

o

Help! I am in the same situation. I am in So Cal and got three quotes for custom cabinets. I thought I had narrowed it down to a local cabinet company, but I am nervous about the finishing process after reading the posts on this site regarding the need for a catalized varnish. I am more unsure now than ever. If anyone has a recommendation, please post. THanks!

o

I'm not sure where you are in So Cal, Kimmie, but if you are near San Diego, I recommend Cabinetry Design. I've used them for 2 houses and they do beautiful work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cabinetry Design

o

If you do a search on homeadvisor dot com, you will find ratings for cabinet makers in your area.

I was greatly disappointed by our contractor who made us go to some warehouse in Anaheim, and got bulldozed into picking the best of bad stock cabinets with granite countertops.

I stopped the process this morning.

After sleepless nights, knowing I got bulldozed, I crashed! Freaked is a better word! My husband wants to save money, so I say "I'm willing to live with the horrible cabinets that are there rather than sell my soul for cheap stock cabinets!"

So he says "fine!" Get bids!! HomeAdvisor dot com had a lot of options and I read the reviews. Like you, I am in Southern California. We purchased a short sale home, and it's a hot mess! $$$ everywhere!!

I found a cabinet maker that actually spoke to me for a long time, and he is coming to give us a bid on resurfacing what is there and rebuilding to fit the new appliances. He had six reviews. All 5 star!

I'm not a salesperson, and will not post his site, but you can find him or someone else like him if you search.

Color me happy!

Suzi

o

Coval Cabinets in Paramount are a husband and wife custom cabinet shop.

Customer satisfaction is their guide.

They have projects from Ventura to SanJuan Cap.

562-634-0351

They DO NOT pre-finish prior to installation.
The finish is your choice, in your home.

There kitchens have been featured in Arch. digest in conjunction with GSR Development in Los Alamitos.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here