Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kireland_gw

All brick backsplash or brick and what?

kireland
13 years ago

Kitchen is L shaped and my H is enamored with having a brick wall behind the stainless steel range hood/chimney, which is on the short side of the L, beside the refrigerator which is "built into" the cabinets. It would be a mix of reds & grays like "normal exposed brick". I like this idea but I'm not sure whether to carry it through to the rest of my backsplash or not - on a different wall, the long side of the L, where my sink, dishwasher and wall ovens are. Since they are on different walls I think it would be okay to go with brick behind the cook top/range hood as though it is an architectural detail and some other material for the rest of the backsplash.

If it helps my appliances are stainless steel, kitchen cabinets will be off-white painted maple (Merillat Maple 'Chiffon'), counter-top will be polished granite in Virginia Mist (dark gray/black, with white veins). While not adjacent to the backsplash in any way, there will also be an island in maple stained dark-brown (Merillat Maple 'Kona'), topped with honed Blanco Carara marble (white with grey veins).

So continue the brick as backsplash or use something else? If something else, what? with all of the different surfaces in play I'm thinking keep it simple. Maybe subway tiles in white? Maybe an extra tall granite backsplash to match the counter and then just paint the wall up to the cabinets?

Thanks for any and all opinions you may have!

Comments (3)