Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seamless s.s or Kraus s.s sink

Posted by Jodi1224 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 15:34

I'm trying to decide between the Kraus KHU100-32 undermount
And the seamless UC-SS-ORi-S1 (16g) sinks. I will also need a smaller island sink. I of course like the price of the Kraus but I am attracted the seamless dain of the seamless sink. I wonder also about the sound padding. I like that the Kraus has a whole rubber padding around sink almost looks like its dipped and the seamless just has rubber pads on areas. What do you guys think???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seamless s.s or Kraus s.s sink

I was also considering the Kraus KHU100-32 but I went with the Ruvati RVH7400 mainly because of the price. I am quite happy with it. The sink has large rubber pads on all sides for sound padding, plus the whole sink underside is covered in a thick coating for more noise reduction. Also Ruvati has the same sink in both tight radius (where the inside corners are a little rounded) and zero radius (where the inside corners are sharp 90 degree angles). The zero radius model is RVH7405. I went with the tight radius because its supposed to be easier to clean.

o

Ty dennisforman I like your sink choice . I'm still on the fence though with the seamless drain from Seamlessusa.com its kind of cool not to have that lip from the drain. Urg

o

Wow here I sit wondering the same thing. To make it worse do you know Kraus offers the sink/faucet combo? I mean you get everything you need: drain, grid, and faucet. It's a hard decision....I'd really want the rear drain but in a classic style because we are doing concrete. So I'm wondering if the 23" d-shape is what I want because the only other reasonably priced 30" inch sinks are all 18 gauge. My husband insists on stainless steel. Have you seen the elkay perfect drain? I actually saw one at Home Depot for a reasonable price. Didn't touch the strainer but to me looks kinda thin. There are too many decisions!

o

We are struggling, too. Love the idea. Also thinking about the offset drain. Looking hard at Nantucket sinks.

o

@Jodi1224. The seamless drain concept is good but I am not sure if it is compatible with a garbage disposal if you wanted to install one. Also, Kraus and Ruvati offer the basket strainer drain which I have, and it is quite handy. It traps all food waste and I can pull out the basket with the handle and dump it in the trash.

o

O boy whit461 l love that hammered sink by Nantucket for a bathroom! Thank you.
Dennis the seamless sink says it accommodates a garbage disposal . I wish I just wasn't so unsure with change! It's just diffent and it make me question it. I do love that basket Idea too. But I think I will go with a garbage disposal. Which is a new concept for me also, growing up they scared the hell out of me. LoL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here