Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
night_jasmine

Super Susan - what did you learn not to put there?

night_jasmine
14 years ago

Super susans.

Are there things that you learned NOT to put there?

(Also, what are you storing on your super susan?)

Comments (10)

• night_jasmine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mine is pie shape.

• teresa518
    14 years ago

It is good for tall square boxes - like pasta, containers with sugar, flour, containers with cat food, etc.

For flat things, it doesn't work well because you have a tendancy to stack them and they fall when you move the shelf....

• night_jasmine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Flat things like tupperware bowls?

Can I store wine or olive oil for cooking on it? (Mine is right next to the range.)

• jeri
    14 years ago

I *love* my Susan. It holds more than any other cabinet  except perhaps a walk-in pantry. Mine does have the wider opening  I think this makes a *big* difference.

What is in mine? LetÂs see Food processor, blender, hand mixer, mini-chopper (never use  should purge), mixing bowels, stacked baking casseroles & lids, juicer, pitcher, IÂm sure there is more. I find that lifting even the heavy items to be easy with the larger opening  just lift straight up  no digging for anything.

I have never lost anything in my Susan and wonder how it is possible as there is *very* little room around the shelves.

I also find storage for my cooling racks on the bottom  below the bottom shelf. Cookie sheets would fit here as well, but I store those in another location.

• jakabedy
    14 years ago

I had one in my last house and it is where the small apliances went - hand mixer, Foreman grill, small crock pots, etc. I tried tupperware in there, but the smaller lighter ones tended to want to jump off, like little polymer lemmings. I kept bigger tupperware in there, though.

• organic_nettie
    14 years ago

I love my super susan. I have lots of things in mine. On the top shelf, I have plastic shoe box bottoms or baskets. It keeps my oil, vinigar, pan sprays, etc. nice and neat and they stay in place when I turn it. Also, it keeps the cabinet clean and free from grease etc. I also use the baskets for syrup and I organize soup envelopes, and gravy mixes. The little baskets and plastic shoe boxes allow me to store lots of things. I also can fit my large cereal boxes on the shelf. I am amazed what I can fit. On the bottom shelf, I have my small coffee pots, toaster, mixer, blender and much more. You will love it. My cabinet is also next to my stove.

• night_jasmine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Plastic boxes for the olive oil sounds good.

You know I have a spice pullout and I am torn whether or not the spice pullout is better to store the olive oil or the super susan.

(The spice pullout is easer to open than that super susan door, which is like opening two doors).

• jeri
    14 years ago

Crock Pot! Yep - I have one of those in there as well. My rice cooker too. Like I said - my Susan houses more than any other cabinet and makes it easy to access to boot.

• night_jasmine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Is it just me or did alot of posts disappear from this thread?

• susie1010
    14 years ago

Inside my Super Susan (no center post): toaster oven, grill / waffle iron, blender, Cuisinart Food Processor, soup pots, some tall, heavy pitchers. I just wish it was tall enough for my Kitchen Aid mixer and Cuisinart Grind & Brew. The shelves are not height adjustable, as far as I know. Mine is about 6 months old, in an L shaped corner, and the new Susan included with my Omega / Dynasty cabinets.