Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jalsy6

Anyone with RH Aubrey on your panelled D/W?

jalsy6
12 years ago

My integrated dishwasher was just installed yesterday (without the panel yet...). So excited, and I've had my eye on the Aubrey 8" pull from RH in PN to use as the hardware. The rest of my hardware is from RH...gilmore pulls and glass knobs. I'm worried about the weight of the dishwasher door pulling on the front mounted screws of the Aubrey...but since the Gilmore pulls are front mounted I was trying to be consistent that way.

Anyone have any feedback about screws loosening with the dishwasher opening/closing? Any alternative pulls that look as good for the dishwasher?

As always, thanks for any advice!

Comments (7)

• babushka_cat
    12 years ago

not sure if this helps - i have the gilmore pulls for my panel DW and so far so good (3-4 months in use so far?)

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

I don't have a paneled DW, yet. All my pulls are Aubrey, even on my paneled 30" warming drawer. (We're replacing the panel with a Shaker panel as DH doesn't like how our cab maker made the one you see.) No, it's not the same as a DW. I don't have any problem with it. Nor do I have any issues with the screws on my very heavy 36" pots/pans drawers that I use multiple times a day. My cab maker wasn't concerned at all about the screws coming out.

Something to take into consideration is the projection of the Aubrey at about 1.25". It's fine for all of my cabs and my WD, but I'd have to do some thinking if it would work on a DW. I can get my hand inside the pull without effort; however, I sometimes open my DW with a wet or even with a couple of slightly fingers that I try to keep away from the stainless. I'm not sure I'd want a tight projection on a wood-covered (and possibly white if your cabs are painted like mine) panel.

There are some fine appliance pulls on the market. I linked one below that I think is pretty. It's projection is 2 5/16". Schaub is another popular and well-respected hardware co with nice appliance pulls.

Oh, and I don't think you need to have the exposed screws on the DW pull just because your cup pulls have exposed screws. The pull will already be different than your cab pulls. As long as the finish and the overall style is consistent, I wouldn't worry.

Here is a link that might be useful: One pretty appliance pull

• bostonpam
    12 years ago

I have the gilmore pulls on my DWs for 2 years - no problems

• jalsy6
    Original Author
    12 years ago

babushka- still waiting for more pics of your awesome kitchen! Can I see the d/w somewhere? I will do a search now. I do love the gilmore.

breezy - I looooove your kitchen. Love it. Love your pulls too...actually, yours is where I really saw the Aubrey in action and decided I really like that look. You make a good point about the depth from the panel though...my cabs are cream, factory finished...but probably still vulnerable. I'll have to think on that. Part of what I love is that the RH 8" seems to be a nice width, and to boot it's on sale. Thanks for your input, and the pic!

bostonpam - another beautiful kitchen you have! I also tossed around the idea of doing the gilmore, glad to hear it's fine. What size is yours? The rest of my gilmores are 4"....

• babushka_cat
    12 years ago

here is a not so good pic of dishwasher....hope this helps.
    thanks for kind words on kitchen. hope to make decision on backsplash tile this week.... if i can commit!

• jalsy6
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Babushka! I actually think our layout is pretty similar in the same size kitchen. Except my windows come farther over to the right.
    the 4" gilmore looks good! Now I have a decision to make....

• bostonpam
    12 years ago

We use 6" gilmore pulls