Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help with my kitchen dinning area

Posted by tinkgirl12987 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 15:15

i have a 11 by 14 kitchen- well larger but the reminder of the kitchen we would like to use for a dinning area. as you can see from the picture we have several openings and windows to take into consideration. 3 of the openings must stay. one we are willing to close. ( i wrote it in the picture)
our sink is currently by the right back window. i would like to keep it there because our yard is nice to look at while doing dreadful dishes.
we have the oven and cook top as a slide in- 36 x 32
we want to have a dishwasher somewhere and right now our fridge is huge- IMO its 36 wide 32 deep.
i was going to put an L shape with some cabinets on the wall close to the living room (that is if i close up that opening) but then it was 7.6 feet between the cabinets (one side of the kitchen to the other) i heard that's too wide. and also too small for an island. any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help with my kitchen dinning area

here is one idea but you can see that there is 8 feet between the stove and sink / fridge

o

here is the other option this seems more crowded to me but i get to keep the opening to the living room from the kitchen. but the stove has less room on each side for prep.

o

Do you need a family room and a living room? If not, you could do an absolutely amazing kitchen in the large space at the top,with a huge island running left or right, with a walk-in pantry at the right or left end, and then use the family room for dining. Just a thought. : )

o

taking the windows into consideration i came up with this. it could work. i have to discuss with hubby and ask if he wants a family room or just a living room. i think we were considering making the "family room into a "formal dinning" so it could work. is this what you had in mind? is 3.4' by 6.8' a wide enough pantry?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here