Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Layout Help Please

Posted by 6kate (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 15:10

I have a small kitchen, U-shaped with the longer sides being 96" and the short side being 89". Entry will be opposite the 89" side. The center of the sink drain pipe is 37" from the far wall and on the right side of the kitchen. I am planning to change the dishwasher to an 18" and the fridge to 24" so that I can line them up on the right side of the kitchen in line with the sink. The range will be somewhere on the left side of the kitchen. Priorities are a feeling of openness and light. I would like a breakfast counter on the entry of the left side.

The pictures do not show the entry as it will be. The current entry is on the left wall, which will be closed in order to make the other side of it into a guest area. The wall which will have an entry on it opens into the living room. It may be possible to extend the kitchen a few inches into the living room or into the guest area.

Also planning to do the floor and better lighting. Budget is as low as possible.

Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated. Thank you very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Layout Help Please

Please post a layout, with dimensions, showing the new kitchen and where it is located relative to other rooms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here