Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Corian Countertop -Show your pics!

Posted by MercerM (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 15:03

Hi, I'm considering installing a corian countertop in my kitchen. But I'd love to see photos of actual installations before I decide. I'm most interested in Corian's "Private Collection" colors, generally the colors that have more of a marble pattern.

Here's a link to the colors in the collection:
http://www.dupont.com/products-and-services/construction-materials/surface-design-materials/brands/corian-solid-surfaces/products/corian-all-colors.html

I'm interested in seeing any and all colors in this collection, but especially the whites, beiges, and browns. Thanks so much for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Corian Countertop -Show your pics!

I don't have pics yet but we are putting Corian Witch Hazel in our kitchen. We are about 1/2 way through the reno and looking at maybe 6 more weeks. I will be so happy to post a reveal when finished. I'll be watching this thread to see any pics of current kitchens with Corian.

o

Deward89, thanks for posting! I look forward to seeing your pics. I'm also considering Witch Hazel. What color are your cabinets? And what kind and color of backsplash will you have?

My cabinets are an off-white. I'm thinking of subway tile but not sure about this - haven't looked that much but haven't found a subway tile yet to match the Witch Hazel.

o

We chose Barker Cabinets and we're getting their natural cherry finish, Shaker style. We are going with sheet stainless for behind the range/hood but the rest of the backsplash will be a stacked stone/slate. It's called Desert Quartz Ledgestone. The colors in it are perfect with the greys and tans in the Witch Hazel. Our floor is slate tile.

I thought I wanted soapstone when we started this renovation but it was WAY out of our budget. My husband had been suggesting looking at Corian from day one. I finally agreed to at least go look and I fell in love with Witch Hazel. I thought I could be happy to "settle" for Corian but the more I researched it, the more I come to realize it's actually my first choice now.

I hope you will post a reveal when you're finished too. There are several of the newer Corian colors that would look so good with off-white cabinets. If you go with Witch Hazel, you might consider looking at grey subway tile. In my kitchen and lighting, the Witch Hazel really plays well with the greys in the slate tile and backsplash.

o

Perhaps this photo will help.I believe it is Witch hazel but will have to double check to make sure.

o

I have Corian (or something similar) in my bathroom, and I love the way it feels.

I didn't put it in the kitchen, though, because DH and I fell head over heels in love with a Cambria pattern, and splurged on it.

o

I won't show you a picture of the Corian I had because it was pepto pink with speckles, but it was an awfully nice countertop. I especially loved the integrated plastic sink. Insulated, quiet, easy to clean, recessed faucet deck...I don't know it the stuff is as good as it was in the 80s, but it was sure good then.

Hope you get some good photos because I want to see, too.

o

Yes, mnzinnia - that sure looks like Witch Hazel.

Deward 89, your kitchen sounds like it will be stunning! And
thanks for the recommendation on the backsplash.

Here's the look I'm going for:
http://www.houzz.com/photos/57667/Buena-Vista-Residence---Think-White-With-A-Touch-Of-Color-traditional-kitchen-san-francisco

http://www.houzz.com/photos/3436980/Boston-Back-Bay-Renovation-traditional-kitchen-boston

http://www.houzz.com/photos/3709549/Brook-View-traditional-kitchen-vancouver

The countertops in the first 2 pics above are not corian, but I believe they have a similar look to Corian Witch Hazel or Sandalwood.

Or this look with a brownish/reddish backsplash to match my hardwood floors and the tone in the Witch Hazel (but considering a glass subway tile instead of the ceramic in this pic)
http://www.houzz.com/photos/272098/Woodland-Meadows-by-Brookhaven-traditional-kitchen-houston

Glass tile: http://www.icreatables.com/images/tileimgs/tile-backsplash/backsplash-kitchen/tile-backsplash-brown-glass-brick-stack.jpg

But, I'm conflicted. I'm also thinking of another acrylic solid surface countertop, with more of a quartz look like this:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/387098530442193622/
Samsung Staron Tempest Horizon

Example of installation of quartz countertop (similar appearance to the Horizon):
http://backsplash.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tumbled-marble-subway-tile-backsplash.jpg

http://www.austaron.com.au/staron-design-awards-2010-kbdi-image-design.html#.UwPFxIUhH0t

o

An Australian friend directed me to this video - Gorgeous solid surface design using Corian Witch Hazel - Makes me drool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzKew3EpPqc

Very few people in the US today seem to like corian countertops in the kitchen as I do. I understand that corian countertops (especially the white-light colors) or benchtops - worktops as they call them in Europe are very popular there.

BTW I know some US designers with European backgrounds who are working in upscale US neighborhoods who like and specify Corian as appropriate in their designs.

Take a look at this beautiful kitchen in ultra-wealthy Atherton, Calif (San Francisco Bay area)
http://www.houzz.com/photos/205025/Atherton-Estate-contemporary-kitchen-san-francisco

And this kitchen in San Francisco
http://www.houzz.com/photos/45913/Kitchen-traditional-kitchen-san-francisco

Minneapolis:
http://www.houzz.com/photos/210639/Linden-Hills-Contemporary-contemporary-kitchen-minneapolis
http://www.houzz.com/photos/394142/master-bath-modern-bathroom-minneapolis

New Jersey! (rare)
http://bogyconstruction.com/

You might think I'm a corian shill. I'm truly not. I'm just a down-scale person living in an up-scale neighborhood who loves corian (had it in my last kitchen for 20 years - never a problem) and beautiful design.

Guess I'm lonely and looking for others in US who also like Corian - and for others who've used it and can post pics of their designs. Trying to keep this discussion going.

o

mnzinnia:

The radius of the inside corner of your pictured countertop appears to exceed the 1/2" minimum as specified by DuPont. The bigger the better as far as strength goes.

I've repaired many cracked corners due to insufficient radii; this one won't be one of them.

Here is a link that might be useful: 12.4

o

While I personally like Corian, I haven't been involved with a kitchen project that used it since about 2005. Baths, yeah. Kitchens, no. Ever since granite became way cheaper, it's been THE go to choice for those who wanted something ''other'' than laminate. Hard to beat $34 Uba Tuba for both function and value.

o

With the $34.00 psf, just be sure to calculate the expense of a plumber to pull and reinstall the faucet and a guy like me to come out and diamond grind your deck back to factory on your stone. This top laughed at the white vinegar and razor blade treatment as seen on Youtube; I tried that first.

o

After.

o

I can show you mine in about 2 weeks from now. We're going with a Wilsonart solid surface for counters and full-height back-splash.

o

We put Corian Witch Hazel in when we renovated our kitchen in 2013. We've had granite and you couldn't pay me to use it ever again. I can't stand the harsh noise from putting down glasses, etc.

I wanted a marble look, but I knew that since my daughter is Chief Bottlewasher, marble's inevitable patina wasn't going to work for me. Corian was a compromise and the Witch Hazel was my salvation because quartz has that same noise quality that granite has.

The benefit is that most people think Corian is that weird speckled stuff from the 80's so they don't immediately associate my countertop with Corian. Not that I would mind. It's a great countertop!

This is our prep sink area (we were locked into that wall trapped sink position...as a prep sink it is fine, but when we bought the house, that was the MAIN sink and that was awful!)

photo D8F28207-0924-4D00-A915-FD3FAD79832A-8317-00000460FE33537D_zps2435f7a3.jpg

Here's a close up of the prep sink faucet:

photo F12BC879-B803-48C0-9CDB-4E526D6C4AF4-5541-000002E06A7A171A_zps1d44093d.jpg

And here's our main sink (before the kitchen was finished):

photo 475799C7-C476-46B6-B5EF-C06B73680B86-4005-000001FC9449F055_zps98461b20.jpg
You can almost see that where the wooden salad bowl is that we have runnels carved into the countertop. I *love* these and they work perfectly. My daughter prefers them to a traditional freestanding drainboard - and so do I since when the stuff is dry and put away, I don't have a drainer to put away. We have plenty of counter space so the runnels aren't a space hog for us.

On any given day, I'm ashamed to say that there are coffee rings, tea stains, smoothie drips, and spilled sugar on the counter after we all race out in the morning.

When I get home, I just spray the Corian with whatever spray I picked up at Target and no problems. Love it. And it looks great in our kitchen.

It's really an underappreciated countertop material. While it isn't cheap, it's made in the US and isn't trucked as far as other options. It can also be restored (buffed/shined) but after the hard use we haven't had a single scratch or blemish. I never cut directly on, nor do I put hot things on the counter (although I did when I had soapstone but only if I wanted to cool something quickly).

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we did the traditional 4" backsplash on the main sink side. Don't regret that either. Since the Corian is thinner and rounded, it isn't a dust collecting ledge. It just protects the wall board from wet sponges as you wipe the countertop.

Did I mention that I love it?

And here's a picture of the finished kitchen:

photo null_zps94cc5820.jpg

And a "before":

photo KitchenView_zps18a1f526.jpg

o

Here's a closer up shot of the pass through. We put in a lot of stuff people are getting rid of to restore the 1920's feel to our house since in the 1990's someone went a little crazy removing all the period charm from our home.

I think you can see the color a little better in this picture:

photo null_zpsde90d17a.jpg

o

Grlwprls, thank you so much for sharing. I love EVERY detail of your kitchen especially your island worktop - what a gorgeous piece of furniture! Your kitchen is simply stunning!

What finish did you use on your countertops? Is it a matte, satin, or gloss finish?

And may I ask what part of the country you're in? (I assume you're in US - maybe I shouldn't.)

Thanks lots for sharing!

o

grlwprls...thank you, thank you, thank you for posting your pics. I love the Witch Hazel and seeing your pics just reinforces that feeling. I was thinking of having the runnels cut into mine so I'm glad to see you are happy with having done that. I am now trying to decide whether to purchase my countertops from Home Depot or to go with a small, local countertops only type place. Would you mind to share who you purchased your counters from?

I cannot express how much I LOVE your backsplash...actually your whole kitchen!!

o

grlwprls, I second the admiration for your finished kitchen! It is amazing, the design elements and color choices are spot-on. I wish they built cheap, panelized kitchen designs we could change out every couple years or so. I love so many kitchens!

I am more sold than ever on the Corian, now. I still might do laminate to reduce my costs, but I have ruled out stone on my perimeter cabs. I love the Corian Witch hazel, and adore Sea Salt, in the Martha Stewart collection.

o

I'm in the US - in Central Arkansas.

I bought my countertops through Home Depot because they were having a sale and I already knew who in town would fabricate my counters, so it was a cost savings decision. The great thing about Corian is that I didn't have to worry too much about templating since my counters are two straight runs - I don't know much (if anything) about the corner radius issue. I would say that my countertops are likely a satin finish. They don't really have a definite shine. I don't really remember what the counters cost, though. We have a walnut counter on the run where the fridge is (you can sort of see it under the pile of junk that needed to be put away in the pass through picture).

I had the work table made by a gentleman I found through Etsy. The base is Ben Moore's Velvet Cloak (the same color that the wall is in the pantry area). I'm probably one of few people who have a Turkish rug in their kitchen, but despite being a light color it cleans up like a dream.

Thanks for the compliments on the finished product. I really didn't want it to look like we put a new kitchen in, but I knew that modernized look needed to go.

Because I didn't move utilities and I assembled and painted the yellow (Barker) cabinets myself, I was able to get everything I wanted on budget.

My biggest splurge was the bank of Shiloh cabinets - the glass front cabinet has a mirror in the back which reflects just enough light that I don't regret not installing a light inside.

My biggest regret is the Electrolux fridge (I love the range). The fridge is really rather cheaply made inside and it is showing significant wear after only a year of use. I couldn't justify a SubZero (and the original one died the day we moved in...what a headache!) and I hadn't liked my French door fridge. I actually *like* the SXS because we aren't "pizza box people" and we're a small family. I wish the fridge were bigger on Thanksgiving, but that's one day out of the year. I've gotten pretty good at being creative putting groceries away!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Corian thread. :-)

o

The Corian edge returning past the wall as pictured is the proper detail. I saddens me that I have to point this out, but I constantly see countertops just butted to the wall, the edge dying there.

o

Drumming in the kitchen. What fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcaNT1eTVj8

I came across this short, entertaining video ad for Corian countertops. As well as being fun, I think it shows how beautiful corian can look in a beautifully designed kitchen - well except for that unfinished hole near the sink.

Does anyone have an idea what Corian color this might be? - certainly from the "private collective" but what color exactly?

I like this look so well with the white cabinets that I'm now considering it for my kitchen. Do you like it?

o

I love Corian! We totally gutted a kitchen and put in White Rain with white shaker cabinets, blue island and black ceramic tile floor. Love the look and everyone thinks its marble when they see it. I had a good laugh when a designer came by for a bathroom bid and he said he liked our marble countertops! Beautiful stuff.

We are gutting our bathrooms next and I'm trying to find the right Corian color for my showers and vanity countertops. We are getting quotes around $84 sf for Clam Shell/Witch Hazel price category, includes 1 1/2" edge, sink cutouts and 4" backsplash. Two Corian sinks #810 (round) are $310 for both or $566 for 2 #8254. I'm in the Sacramento area.

o

tflores2, What a beautiful kitchen! Thanks for sharing your pics. I'd love to see more pics of your kitchen.

Love your light fixtures too! I'm actually looking for something similar for over my island. Would you be willing to share the brand and style name/number? Thanks!

I'm guessing your countertop has a matte or satin finish. Is that right? I'm trying to decide what finish to get on my countertop.

Ah, California! Warm weather! I'm in the Northeast - more snow expected tomorrow.

o

I've had my Wilsonart solid surface for almost 2 weeks now and I really am liking it. Mine is a white with teeny speckss of (I think) brown and blue but they are so small and subtle that it's hard to tell the actual colors. I like the drain grooves that I couldn't get in the quartz, too. It's quiet and since it's white it really brightens up the kitchen amazingly.

o

MercerM, the light fixtures are the Sonneman Zylinder line. The company is on backorder with most distributors until end of this month. We were able to purchase a chandelier with 6 lights and 5 lights. My husband dismantled one fixture to make the pendants over the island.

Here's another picture of my kitchen in the daylight during renovation and before the light install. The backsplash isn't done so I'll post a "finished" image later.

o

tflores, thanks for the lighting info. Your kitchen is beautiful - can't wait to see the "finished" image with the backsplash!

deedles, would love to see a pic of your countertop and how it looks in your kitchen.

o

Okay a couple shots of 8+ year old Maui.

Mr. Kitchen's Counter.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Most used counter area. :)

Close up of beside the sink.

It has scratches and cuts in it. But I still love the feel of it.

So easy to clean.

o

terri_pacnw:

Corian is easily refinished. With a little practice and a cheap random orbital sander, even a homeowner can do it. You can't hardly screw it up.

o

terri_pacnw. your Maui countetops look great! Hard to believe they're 8 years old. thanks for sharing. Love that color.

o

Beautiful Corian Raincloud countertop!

http://www.nicholablakely.com/projects/project-1/

http://www.houzz.com/photos/8315449/TONG-KITCHEN-contemporary-kitchen-other-metro

o

MercerM -- you're not a shill. It's coming back. While some are still stuck in a granite time warp (my opinion!--which I'm entitled to before someone jumps on me), many of us have moved on and have discovered Corian for the first time after simply dismissing it before. I too am pleased to have left my granite counters behind in my last house. Corian seems to be durable, functional and beautiful. I do love the quartz surfaces as well, but I like the feel of solid surface, the integrated sinks and other aspects of the product's functionality.

Agree w/above poster--most people have these images in their minds of someone's house they were in back in 1990 and really don't know what Corian looks like today or how it can look different than what they remember as part of a modern installation. Thanks to Houzz and GW people are seeing the possibilities.

I really like that White Rain color above

And I can't wait to see my Glacier White Corian counters installed in a few weeks time as part of my comtemporary whole house remodel that is finally getting kicked off after a year of planning since we bought.

Will have to post photos when done.

We are the leading edge here. NKBA desinger surveys show that granite still leads, but the number of solid surface counters specified by Designers increased 20% last year. And you are right, tons of the cool stuff I've seen is from Europe. Not terribly shocking that they are showing the way in high-end design, as usual.

Re fabricators--I chose Home Depot. I shopped it (not extensively) but the the smaller local home store was 15% more money and the local countertop store was 30%+ more expensive. The expensive Vaso sink I picked is 25% more money with these guys.

I think fabrication times will be a lot longer because their local contractor is so busy, but worth it to me. $84/sq ft sounds to me like a price point you could shave 30% off of during a Home Depot 10% sale. See if your contractor knows someone local he has a good connection with too.

o

Gorgeous contemporary guest bathroom using Corian Tumbleweed. Clean lines, "zen" feeling.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/274703/Guest-Bath-in-Ben-Lomond--CA-contemporary-powder-room-san-francisco

Guest Bath in Ben Lomond, CA

o

Bathroom with a wall-to-wall cantilevered-edge Corian counter.
Brentwood - Sullivan Canyon

http://www.houzz.com/photos/3190735/Brentwood---Sullivan-Canyon-midcentury-powder-room-los-angeles

o

A week from Thursday I will update this thread with pics of our new Corian countertops! I CANNOT WAIT to get it installed!!!

o

I'm still confused about the Corian cuts with an inside corner. Mnzinnia's corner is clearly cut on the diagonal with perpendical graining. That is exactly what I strongly prefer but the info by Corian Trebucket posted states the corner should be rounded and the edges butt jointed, if I'm understanding correctly. Please help!!! I'm certainly confused. Also, my counter edge is limited to a straight 0.5" thickness, with no build-up, due to height problems coming in under a soffit. Also, I was told that no solid decking goes beneath. Is this true?

o

Texasgal47:

Mnzinna's picture is of a properly fabricated mitered seam in Corian with "movement" or "grain". This is not how Corian without "grain" is fabricated, however. In that case, the pieces would butt.

Solid underlayment voids the Corian warranty because it traps heat. Strip underlayment is recommended. It can be plywood, MDF, steel, aluminum, or the Corian can be set directly on the cabinets with no underlayment.

o

Good info on seams and seaming of veined/marble patterned corian with illustrations and photos of different ways fabricators can join seams or edges.

http://www.dupont.com/content/dam/assets/products-and-services/construction-materials/assets/Solid Surface/K-26828 Corian Veined Aesthetics.pdf

o

I gotta say, I never loved my corian countertop, but it held up really well for 14 years. it really looked the same the day I ripped it out as the day I put it in.

o

Trebruchet, thanks for taking the time to provide professional information. MercerM, after posting the question, I stumbled upon Dupont's Corian Veined Aesthetics reference file which was so well written that it cleared up much of my confusion. If the installer gives me any grief about doing the diagonal seam, I'm going to show them the photo of your lovely corner.

o

Texasgal -- check out this video. I think it really explains what you are looking for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Install of Private Collection colors

o

Trebuchet--referencing your comments above "solid underlayment voids the warranty."

I had the fabricator out to my job site on Monday. We have a 12" island overhang. I was expecting that he would say we needed to re-inforce with metal rods. Instead he said "with Corian we can do a 12-inch overhang on 1/2inch-3/4inch plywood, won't be a problem." Maybe be will build up to a total of 1.5" by putting wood strips/mdf on top of the plywood to allow for space? He did indicate he will use the strips everywhere else. Does this sound right to you?

o

ChrisInSD:

I would use full length steel as underlayment.

Plywood or MDF would have to obey the 1/3 - 2/3 rule to cantilever and if it did it would then be full underlayment.

o

I'm a bit confused...Is the the plywood underlayment suggested by the fabricator correct, or incorrect? Don't quite follow your comment on the "rules" you mentioned.

Also, I thought the 10 year residential warranty covered both product and installation by a certified fabricator. I mean, how can the warranty be voided by "improper installation"--the homeowner has no way of knowing whether or not the certified fabricator is following correct methods or not...?

Thanks!

o

I said I would update this thread when our counters were installed and today was the day. I could not be more happy with them...
 photo 20140612_113325_zpsdoq1qtqx.jpg
 photo 20140612_113137_zps65jp3zqs.jpg
 photo 20140612_111052_zpsaumxedqm.jpg
 photo 20140612_110950_zpszks3b12v.jpg
 photo 20140612_083725_zpsef2acivg.jpg

If you have any questions or any additional shots you'd like to see just let me know. There are some additional photos on this thread...

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0612541825204.html?1

o

Looks awesome! I love the short backsplash.

Is it coved? How many inches did you do? Did you only do this on the non-sink walls? I had thought about doing coved only about 2" or so and then tiling above it, but decided against it...

o

Thanks so much for sharing, dcward89. I love your countertop! And it looks beautiful with your cabinets. Also like the pulls/handles on your cabs.

Would love to see it with your backsplash. Hope you'll keep us posted.

Best of luck and hope you're enjoying it!

o

ChrisinSD...it is a 2" backsplash, not coved. The 2" backsplash was a compromise,,,my DH wanted a coved 4" backsplash, I wanted no backsplash, just tile down to the counter. We compromised with 2" and he was not willing to come off the pocket for the $40/linear foot they wanted to do the cove so it is set on with a tiny caulk joint. I will be doing a backsplash tile still but haven't fully decided on it yet.

MercerM...I will definitely post again when we get the backsplash in. I am absolutely enjoying them this evening. I have done nothing else since they left but stand in the kitchen and look around, run my hands over them, take pictures, wipe them down...love them!!!

o

Dcward89, thanks for showing your new Witch Hazel Corian counters. They're really, really wonderful and the 2" backspash doesn't look bad at all. No wonder you're in 7th heaven! Your fabricators/installers obviously knew what they were doing. Are they an independent or contractor for Home Depot?
By the way, you Barker cherry cabinets are stunning, as well -- great choices.

o

dcward89. I haven't forgotten your beautiful counters. I'm sure you're still enjoying them - maybe even moreso now?!

How's the progress on your backsplash? No rush - but I'd love to see what you chose.

Thanks!

o

Good Morning MercerM...funny you should post this today. I finally picked a backsplash (love, love, love it!). The tile is installed and 90% of it is grouted but we ran out of grout and had to order another box of it. Anyway, it came yesterday and my DH is finishing up the grout today...WOOHOO!!! I'll try to post finished pics this weeked but here's a teaser pic...it's not the best pic and doesn't show the colors off that great but it gives you an idea anyway...crackled glass and slate.

photo 20140628_162610_zpsikighjty.jpg

o

Posting this in two places in hopes of getting help.

Still vacillating- please help! Here it is almost November, I paid HD nearly 3 months ago for my countertops, and the fabricator has had my Franke sink for nearly two months. I love the witch hazel, ordered a large sample, and saw a large sheet at a nearby distributor, although it was in a warehouse with poor lighting and set vertically. I love the translucency of it - just not sure how it will look in my kitchen. With Ben Moore Powell Buff (yellow beige) throughout most of my house (open floor plan), that color must stay. I can paint the kitchen walls a soft white to complement the countertop. But, what I failed to mention is that my cabinets are natural maple. I would love to have them painted a soft white, but I hate to do that to 6 yr old cabinets - afraid it may affect resale, and I doubt we'll be here more than 5 yrs. I don't want a dark gel stain. This is a townhome, and the only window in my kitchen is in the eating area. It is large, but I always work with lights on in my work area, so I must have light countertops and fairly light cabinets. I've also considered cameo white Corian (soft white), as there are many photos on houzz of natural maple with white countertops, often white Corian. I had bright white laminate in a previous home 20 yrs, then off white for 14 yrs, and I never minded the maintenance.

So I'm torn between the witch hazel with two mitered corners, the cameo (which I like just as well but have concerns that solid white corian may be a turnoff for buyers) and the linen white (white with tan specks) which looks like it has gray undertones.

This is a 55+ community, and I don't think Corian negatively affects resale like it might in some neighborhoods, and I don't like cold stone. However, I'm wondering if white Corian would be a deterrent for buyers, and would witch hazel really give me more of an upscale look and be more attractive to buyers, even if I keep the natural maple? Do you think it would be too elegant for natural maple cabinets?

I have to make a decision this week if I want my countertops for Thanksgiving dinner. Please help! Any and all comments welcome, but please don't tell me to get quartz. It is witch hazel, cameo white or linen. Also, there is a cost differential, and I'm just not sure it is worth it. If everything else were perfect, white or medium toned cabinets, different paint on wall, etc., I'd definitely go for the witch hazel. I'm tired of natural maple with dark gray counter tops! Even with gunstock hardwoods (reddish brown) and stainless appliances, my kitchen is still boring!

Thanks for your input!

o

Here is a photo of my kitchen. Thanks.

o

Go with the Witch Hazel. I've put in solid surface for over twenty years and I'm still waiting for a customer regretting their decision. Hasn't happened.

This post was edited by Trebruchet on Thu, Oct 30, 14 at 20:19

o

Trebruchet, Thanks for your response. One question - how is the WH repaired if it cracks? Can it be repaired as easily and as well as the non-directional patterns? Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here