Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wallpaper BS? (slightly OT)

Posted by sharonite (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 15:02

I am posting this on kitchens because I think the cognoscenti in this area are more likely to be here than in baths. I'll try there also.

I'm looking for a very water resistant, easy to wipe clean wallpaper with contemporary patterns for use in my powder room or maybe just the wall behind the vanity--the sort of wallpaper appropriate for use as a kitchen BS. (Ok, that's my attempt at being on-topic). Does anyone know a source or brand of such an animal? The picture below is not true to life for color but the vanity and medicine cabinet are Ronbow, dark cherry. The wall color is presently a blue green that I love, so if I do only the accent wall I wold love a wallpaper that coordinated well with it.

TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wallpaper BS? (slightly OT)

You can do whatever paper you want. Just give it a couple surface coats of a water-based matte glaze. I did this on some Cole & Son wallpaper in our toilet alcove. It was recommended by a master wallpaper-er.

This makes it wipeable but will cut down on the strip-ability when the time comes to redo it.

o
RE: wallpaper BS? (slightly OT)

Thanks deedles, I didn't realize you could treat ordinary wallpaper. Good to know, so I can focus on the aesthetics.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here