Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Almost Finished Pics - long time coming...

Posted by aokat15 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 9, 12 at 14:59

I'm still waiting to finish up some small details - such as having my potfiller installed - but I thought I'd post my almost finished pics. I've posted some pics along the way, but here is where we're at now. It's been almost 2 years since we purchased our home and we are slowly coming to the end of a long whole house renovation and addition. Gardenweb has been an amazing source for inspiration and guidance - thanks for all of your help along the way. Let me know if you want any info.

To the right of my refrigerator is an oversized walk-in pantry. There are temporary shelves in there now... someday soon we'll have cabinets and nice shelving and I'll share those pics as well :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Almost Finished Pics - long time coming...

OMGosh!!! That is absolutely stunning!!! Wow..congrats!

What are your counters?

This is killing me though, since I just had to scrap my kitchen reno :-(

o

gorgeous!! I'd love to hear about your counters.

o

I LOVE your kitchen. The attention to detail is fabulous.

What brand is your faucet? And what type of stone is your countertop?

o

Thanks so much!! It's been a very tough process here especially at the end so your comments mean so much!! My countertops are Donna Sandra Marble - but from seeing some other kitchens on here, they look very close to Super White. Also, at the stone yard where we found it, they said that it was a much stronger marble - closer to granite in its properties, so that was a big selling point for us as we loved the look of white marble but were concerned with the maintenance.

The faucets are both Rohl - Country Kitchen series. Bought them online at qualitybath.com - which seemed to have really good prices. Hope this helps - thanks again!

o

Beautiful!!! I would love to know the overall dimensions of the room and especially the island.

o

Your kitchen is beautiful! What a lovely open space in which to cook and entertain. What are the dimensions of your island?

o

beautiful kitchen - looks like it flows well into the rest of your house.

o

Wow. Love your lights, your pass through, And everything else. What is that refrigerator?!

o

Classically Beautiful!!! I love it all!!

o

Thanks so much! The kitchen space is 20' x 12'. That doesn't include the eat-in area which from the island to the serving area between the kitchen and family room is another 15' or so. The island cabinetry measures 8' x 4.5' (the tops add some inches to that in the overhang). The refrigerator is the SubZero Pro48 - love it and it is definitely a conversation piece especially with men... something about it looking like the ultimate beer fridge :)

o

Your kitchen is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen...wow am I envious. Love the cabinets (more details please) and the counters especially,.

o

Now that is a white kitchen and it is BEAUTIFUL. I have a white kitchen, I love white kitchens and yours is stunning.

o

Wow - just beautiful. It must be great having so much space!!

o

GORGEOUS !!!!!

o

Well well well. Another gorgeous beyond belief kitchen. GWers never disappoint!

The counters are what I have chosen too. Lovely to see them 'in action".

The fridge. What can I say? I have fridge envy. There was no way I could get my dh to commit to that one. Even with my argument that it didn't have to be built in and we could take it with us...oh well. (we went with full glass fridge only, because it was 1/2 price, floor model)

So good to see sparkly faucets--I"m going this route too this time rather than stainless. I think they look great with that counter.

Oh, it's just so fabulous.

Congrats for a job well done!

o

Stunning kitchen. I love it. Is that beadboard on the ceiling? It looks fantastic!!

o

Beautiful!!! The many windows are stunning!!! AND...Yu have my fantasy refrigerator!!! You mentioned it a little above but please tell us more, is it as wonderful to use as it is to look at?

o

What a Beautiful kitchen you have!! It's bright and light and so very spacious. It must be a real joy to work in it. Congratulations!

What are your floors? They look lovely.

o

What a gorgeous kitchen! Who can not love a black and white kitchen? Forget the little black dress - It's like a tuxedo!

LOVE your fridge. I wanted a glass door fridge, but DH said then I'd have to keep it neat inside. I don't care! I think they're so sharp!

Enjoy!

o

Simply beautiful! This kitchen has that classic elegance that will hold up wonderfully with time. That gorgeous hood... makes me want to stand at the range and cook forever!

My counters (superwhite, which is similar/same as Donna Sandra) are being installed tomorrow, so I am with BKW in being thrilled to see it 'in action'!

I will also vouch for qualitybath.com. Bought my Rohl faucet from them as they had the best online price and had absolutely no problems!

o

The countertops, the cabinet hardware, the fridge, the beadboard ceiling, the windows, it's all beautiful.
Thanks for posting.
Enjoy!

o

Beautiful!! Love the windows and the flooring and the whole sense of openness. Lovely cabinetry, and I really admire the sconces at your sink window; what a fabulous finishing touch.

What are the cabinets at either side of the range -- they look like pullouts, what do they contain?

Great job, enjoy your gorgeous new kitchen!

o

Wow! It is absolutely gorgeous! So many lovely details. Congrats!

o

Holy Carp... those counters are amazing!!!!!!!

o

Thanks so much everyone!! Really makes me smile - I feel like I've been obsessed with the details of our reno (in particular the kitchen and bathrooms) for two years... and we're so close to being done. I'm exhausted from the stress and decision making but being in the space makes it all worth it.

capecodder: Our cabinets are by Mark Miller of M.A. Miller, LLC. He is an amish cabinetmaker in Middlefield, OH. He is fantastic to work with and we could not love our cabinets more. They are beautifully made - very strong - and all of the inserts, specialties, etc are great. They were much more affordable then semi-custom lines that we checked out and so much nicer. He did our bathroom vanities as well as our family room built-ins and we will have him do more in the future (i.e. the pantry :) ) He does work all over the country - from DC to San Francisco - his contact info: Mark Miller 440-636-5697.

Bee: thanks so much - from your threads and your last space I know your kitchen is going to be absolutely gorgeous as well! We actually lucked out on our fridge - we weren't even considering it and our appliance store had it as a floor model! It was my dh's dream fridge but out of our budget until we discovered that deal. It sounds like you got a great deal as well!

boschboy: it is beadboard on the ceiling! That was a feature I knew I wanted from the start and I look at it and love it everyday! We used Azek composite 6"x18' beadboard planks and finished it with oil-based paint.

athomesewing: thanks so much! The fridge is wonderful - definitely exceeded my expectations on performance (and I was expecting a lot given the price msrp!) and I love the drawers. We are a family of 6 (three little ones and my sister lives with us) and there is more than enough space in the fridge and freezer for us. And yes - it's gorgeous to look at :) I think we get the most compliments on the fridge.

tea4all: our floors are stained Early American. I thought about going darker but I just didn't want the added upkeep and this was the perfect medium stain for us!

eugenie11: I was like your dh - very worried about keeping it looking neat... but I really haven't stressed about it and it always looks great - I think the overall affect outweighs any possible disarray.

taggie: the pullouts by the range are a favorite detail of mine! They are oversized drawers - one has dividers for trays, cutting boards, baking sheets, etc. In the other I have my crockpot and other oversized pots that I use often. I can post a pic if you like.

o

gorgeous! LOVE the countertops!

o

Gorgeous, elegant and sophisticated! I'm drooling over that fridge, too. Wow, nice job!

o

Yes yes yes, please post a pic of the oversized drawers, I would love to see them!

o

Sweet! Nice job!!
Love your new kitchen!!!
T-2 weeks to demolition. Ours won't have this wow factor but a big improvement from current.

o

Stunning! I love the ceiling and all the windows and the sconces. Everything looks perfect together! We're doing a similar color scheme -- had hoped to post pictures last week but our GC put us off again! Our cabinets are BM Simply White and we just painted our walls BM Gray Owl. What colors did you use? It looks similar to ours but your walls look a bit lighter, which I like. Very pretty! And I would love to know where you purchased the rug under your table. We currently have a packing blanket under ours and I've been searching online forever! Any help would be much appreciated!! Oh, and one more question . . . our GC is supposed to be doing our fireplace and bookcases next week and I still don't have a stone surround picked out. What did you use? We used Super White quartzite in our kitchen (which looks just like yours!) and I wanted something that went well with it but didn't match it exactly. Yours looks great from the view out of the kitchen! Great job all around!!!

o

So beautiful. I just love it. What color is your cabinets? I love all your lighting - it's just perfect!

o

Please give us all the details - your kitchen/family room is beyond amazing - I am without words! If that's a total remodel, you did an outstanding job.

o

Absolutely beautiful. Love the countertops. Congrats on almost finishing!

o

Absolutely gorgeous kitchen!! I actually caught myself in a gasp before I had fully scrolled through the first photo. Truly stunning.

I would love to see pics of the pullouts by your range.

o

Your kitchen is amazing! Every detail I can see how much thought went into every detail you made. Your two year project was so worth it.

ilene

o

Your lighting design is (pardon the pun) a beacon to the rest of us. I love the way you used sconces, ceiling fixtures, and pendants to create a period effect. I've been thinking of doing the same thing in my kitchen, to minimize the use of ceiling cans, which to my mind just don't look right in a pressed tin ceiling. I think I'll end up with 2-4 cans anyway, as you have, but your kitchen is a great example of how to keep can lights to the minimum. Beautiful!

o

Oh my oh my! Stunning!!! What a beautiful job. All that space, and a big pantry to boot. Can't wait to see that too.

o

Wow-wee!

That is one beautiful kitchen! You did an awesome job. Everything looks wonderful together - cabinets, countertop, hood, ceiling, lights,... - perfect.

I love the whole layout of the three rooms, and your chairs! I want one of those pretty, comfy looking chairs!

Congratulations and enjoy!

o

Gorgeous!! I just love it! You did such a beautiful job! Enjoy!! :)

o

Oh my!! So beautiful! I love everything about it- the dream appliances, the counters, the gorgeous trim...too much to take in. You should be sooo proud!

o

I hate to be redundant and be about the 20th one to say "STUNNING" but that is the most appropriate thought I have!!! Love everything -- including the peeks at the other rooms. Tell us about your ceiling?

o

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! I really love your stunning countertops. The layout looks fantastic and your cabinets are beautiful too. Thanks for sharing.

o

Here are the oversized drawers - I don't usually keep the blender in the oversized pot drawer but lately my dh has been on a protein shake kick and he switched it out with the crockpot.

Above the tray drawer I have a spice drawer and above the oversized pot drawer I have cooking utensil dividers. I also have some neat drawers in the island - two extra deep dish drawers as well as utensil and knife storage:

I'll post in a separate post with other details.

o

Pretty, pretty!!!! (and so big!)

o

Ok - here are some more details:

Countertops - Donna Sandra Marble

Cabinets - M.A. Miller custom-made Amish cabinets (see my post above). Can't say enough great things about them - fantastic to work with and very affordable. They are out of Cleveland but travel the country (have done jobs in Boston and San Fran)

Appliances - subzero fridge, wolf range, bosch paneled dw and f&p single dishdrawer paneled in island, Faber blower. Got some great deals with getting floor models and love them so far.

Sinks/faucets - Franke farmhouse sink, Kohler prep sink in island, Rohl country faucets with sprayers. Potfiller is Newport Brass (not installed yet)

Paint - walls are BM Wickham Grey and cabinets are BM China White. China White is the trim color throughout our house and I love it - it's a really rich white and definitely looks great with the marble

Finishes - faucets are polished chrome; hardware and lighting are polished nickel

Lighting - all hudson valley but different series - pendants are pelham collection, semi-flush are edison, sconces are sutton. I knew from the start I wanted industrial pendants and schoolhouse semi-flush, but the sconces took me so long to decide on - as I wanted to make sure the lighting all came together. Thanks so much for all the great feedback on that!! I bought almost all of my lights at littmanbros.com - great service and great prices!

Backsplash - Hortus Art Tiffany Crackle in bianco

Hardware - Restoration Hardware - gilmore knobs and pulls, aubrey handles on the dws, oversized drawers, and trash pullouts

Ceiling is Azek composite beadboard - 6"x18' planks painted in oil-based BM ceiling white

Rug - Ethan Allen - for some reason I can't find it on their website right now so I don't have the name, but if you go into a showroom I'm sure you'll see a swatch. Reversible (if you remove the tag) and great with kids

Fireplace surround - black pearl granite. Thought a simple black would look the best with all of the white around it and the Donna Sandra marble... was open to absolute black as well but the black pearl was slightly better priced.

Thank so much again! Let me know if I missed anything!

o

Thank you for posting more photos, the insides of the drawers are drool worthy as well! And the countertops, simply stunning! Sigh...just perfect.

o

My Gosh, your kitchen is breath taking!

o

your kitchen is gorgeous! I love all the details and the beautiful cabinetry. I am definitely adding your cabinetmaker to my list--I am hoping to go with Amish-built cabinets, too. But my favorite part is your bead board ceiling. I am also hoping to do that in my kitchen, and your photos make me feel more certain. Enjoy your beautiful new space, and thanks so much for sharing :)

o

Absolutely FABULOUS! I am digging on that ROCK! Woweee!

o

thanks so much! home4all - i love bead board ceilings and I love mine more every day - good luck to you on your reno!

o

Gorgeous!!! Congratulations : )

o

Just BEAUTIFUL! You must be so happy! It's a stunner!

o

aokat15, those pullouts are great! Now where is the other post with more pics? Love looking inside other people's drawers, lol.

e.g., what is in the large drawers in the island? And what does the control panel (is it a control panel?) on the large top drawer control? .... inquiring minds and all...

o

aokat15~

It looks amazing !!!!!
You must be so, so thrilled!

I especially love your lighting and your counters. And your fridge.
Wow.

Enjoy!

Katie

o

taggie - the large drawer with the control panel is a Fisher&Paykel single dish drawer. I love having this in the island - we have three little ones 4 and under so it usually contains all baby/kid cups, bottles, etc and we run it more often than the full dishwasher by the main sink. The drawer below this is just a large drawer - right now I have collanders in it, but that may change. To the right of that is the prep sink cabinet and the final pullout on the right is a single trash pullout. I have a double trash pullout (trash&recycling) to the left of my main sink.

o

OP, I've picked myself off the floor after being overwhelmed by the beauty of your kitchen. Stunning.

o

The word that comes to mind first is "dreamy". I love how you went with different textures to make everything interesting. Your ceiling is so lovely. Is that glossy paint or semi gloss? I love how the lights bounce off of it....
Your windows are also wonderful and from what I can see, the style of your kitchen really fits the neighborhood.
Your counters are also crazy pretty!

o

I just have to chime in with everyone else and say it's stunning! Congrats on such a gorgeous kitchen!

o

Congratulations! It's just gorgeous. Everything blends so beautifully together. Nothing pops on it's own, just one stunning kitchen.

o

Congrats on your stunningly gorgeous kitchen
that manages both to look beautiful
and to look like a super fun kitchen to cook in!

Everyone else has already mentioned
the many high points of your kitchen.
I'll just chime in with love
for the bead board ceiling and custom vent hood.
Great lighting choices,
especially the window trim sconces over your sink area.

(Another BM China White lover here.)

o

And yet another chimer here. That is one truly beautiful, well laid out, and smartly organized kitchen you have there. Enjoy!

o

I am so happy you posted! The deep drawers are the best idea for cookie sheets platters and more! Thank you.

I would love to have more information on your floors. They appear to be oak.

o

Your kitchen is stunning! I'd like to inquire a little more about your cabinets. For comparison, can you tell me a little about where these came in regards to price competitiveness against other lines you considered? I live quite a ways from Ohio, but if he travels, and I can manage his price, I'd like to consider him in my cabinet search. I just don't want to waste a custom cabinet maker's time if it won't fit my budget. Just looking for a little context with regards to price against other cabinet brands. Thanks much

o

Wow, I drift away from Gardenweb for a week and almost miss an amazing kitchen!

Love the beautiful marble--which does look like Superwhite/Moon Night. And I love the light in this room, including those windows that go down to the counter level. I also love how the ceiling beadboard is picked up on your hood, and that chandelier is elegant without being fussy.

Besides building you beautiful cabinets, your cabinet maker was very practical. It looks like those dividers in your drawer will slide out for cleaning.

Thanks for sharing...now sit down and make yourself a cup of tea and just enjoy it.

o

Thanks so much everyone!! Your comments are so generous and it really means so much.

dianalo - the ceiling is painted in oil-based ceiling white paint - I love the sheen!

motherof3sons - If I'm remembering correctly the floors are red oak. We matched what was existing in the house. We refinished the whole house using the stain Early American - hope that helps!

Pintosmom - It's been quite a bit since I shopped around, but if I'm remembering correctly, the cabinets came in well below Showplace, Plain & Fancy, and Crownpoint (10k+ lower); they were slightly less than Shiloh when Shiloh had their 10% off sale - but the Shiloh price did not include a hood or the cabinets between the kitchen and family room (those were part of a design change later in the game). I also spoke with Mullet Cabinetry and they were very comparable to Mullet. I really liked the guy I spoke with at Mullet, but at the end of the day I just really liked what I saw from Mark (we visited his workshop) as well as the pictures of his work. I got his name on this forum from the user: tooskinneejs - I believe you can see her kitchen on here as well. Depending on how far you are I'm sure that will impact the delivery cost, but let me know if you need any more info. Good luck!

o

Wow - a beautiful kitchen. Love, love the counters. Your lights fit the house beautifully. Love the table and chairs too. A very warm and welcoming kitchen. Enjoy.

o

I was just admiring your gorgeous kitchen, aokat15 (definitely one of my inspirations!!). Can you tell me the size of your windows on the sink wall? And how long is that wall? I'm considering getting rid of uppers on that wall and just doing all windows. This may be an odd question, but where do you keep your drinking glasses? I had planned on keeping mine in one of those uppers on the sink wall. This new idea of mine is throwing me for a loop!

o

Just lovely. Question - is your lighting hardware all done in polished nickel? I was thinking of sconces of either side of a large window in my kitchen, but was afraid the polished nickel would look like they belonged in the bathroom. Whatever you used, you pulled it off beautifully! I really hope it's polished nickel...! I love the Hudson Valley lighting too.

o

Hi berardmr - our lighting is all polished nickel as are our knobs/pulls. Good luck!!

o

I don't have any different superlatives to add: this is a spectacular kitchen. I also echo the comments about your lighting design - wonderful 'period' touches in several different ways and all work together beautifully.

I see that you used Hudson Valley - a favorite of mine. I'd like to know if that lovely chandelier over the dining table is HV as well? I love the simplicity of its colonial New England style.

I'm new ti GW and just starting to surf around - often I get to the point where I forget what post I started with, and where I ended up. Amazing resource.

o

Aokat...this is such a long shot because I know you may not be on the forum anymore because your beautiful kitchen is done.
I tried to send an email to you but there wasn't a link :(
Anyhow by the grace of this awesome website & the chance that you may just blink on ...or if anyone knows how to reach you, I would love to ask you the dimensions of your kitchen. I read that it is 20x12 & 15' for the other area.
Q's: what is the length of: the range wall, the frig wall, & the sink wall? Also from the island to the pass thru, is that the extra 15 ft?

Oh how I hope you get this msg...

o

I want to single out another element that I love: The subtle repetition and variation of line in backsplash, ceiling, range hood, and tile. You keep my eye occupied but not overly busy. It almost becomes texture. A really nice touch!

This is eye candy that invites me back again and again. Thanks!

o

Hi 3blackdogs - thanks so much for your compliments on my lighting! I spent a lot of time trying to nail down the different pieces. I love Hudson Valley... many of the fixtures in my house are HV, but the chandelier over my table is actually by Ethan Allen - I believe it was the trumpet style - I loved the NE colonial vibe as well!

Gofigure - so sorry about the email link. The range wall is 20'; the sink wall is 12' and the fridge wall is 11'. The distance from the island (which is out about 11'3" or so) to the serving area is 15'. The passthrough/serving area header is actually hiding a structural beam. Good luck! Reply here if you have any more questions as I'm not sure why the email link didn't work!

Bellsmom - thank you so much for your kind words!! I spent many many countless hours refining our design options as I always wanted to make sure that the elements in our space didn't fight each other and subtly worked together. Early on in my GW reading someone was talking about not having too many "focal points" so I tried really hard to design that way and not have certain elements overshadow others. Thank you!

o

Aokat !, I can't thank you enough for responding!!! Wow. I am just amazed that you did! I LOVE this website!!

Anyhow. I am a long time lurker on GW. Finally retained an architect. Having big trouble w/layout. My current kitchen is 13 x 18. A wall is shared bent the LR & kit. It has about a 15ft ceiling. I would love to remove it. But it has the range & frig w/most of the cabinetry on it. It is wasted space tho because the wall is so high. Your plan really is gorgeous
& spoke to me. Maybe I could incorporate some of your ideas. I would love to have most of the appliances against one wall - don't care if I lose cabinets. Will build a walk-in pantry. I am in southern Ca. - can't find any Amish cabinet makers like DW - not at that point yet but thinking ahead.
Am considering adding more sq fr to make 19 x 18 or more. Very costly (quotes have been at $200-225 sq ft!!! I need to be smart with the design.
TY so much for your quick response. <3

o

OMG! It is beautiful. You really did a great job with all the selections you have made. Truly looks like a magazine cover.

YOur timing is perfect as I am agonizing over my ligting decisions. I am going with the industrial polished nickel pendants over my island and I am torn about what to put over my breakfast table which has a cherry top and black legs ( which I consider warm)with black chairs. I see that you have a chandelier and it looks great but I cannot figure out what the finish is. Is it also nickel or something else? I worry that a polished nickel chandy will look too "cold" over my table.

o

Thanks so much, pball2 - the chandelier is made of iron and is in a "weathered black" finish so definitely not too cold for your space! I love that my table fixture is a different finish from the rest of the space... it helps make that space feel like it has it's own design even though it's all open.

gofigure - I'm trying to visualize your current space... maybe you should consider posting your current space and see what people come up with for options on layout that would avoid adding on? I will say that I eliminated a lot of upper cabinets in our original design (through the architect) as I wanted as many windows as possible. I thought with a walk-in pantry and an island that I'd have plenty of storage - and I do... so you may not need to worry about eliminating the tall wall in between the LR and kitchen if you have the pantry and other cabinetry. I know a few other people on here have asked for help on layouts before deciding if they have to add on to get what they want. Home4all6 did that and she is in the process of renovating without adding on - just reconfiguring a lot of her kitchen/dining area. So maybe it's worth exploring the options for not adding on and see if you can get what you want before weighing the cost/benefit of the addition? Good luck!!

Also - this is a longshot, but our Amish cabinetmaker is near Cleveland. However, he has done work out in San Francisco(!) and other places in CA... I think he works with a national builder and has gone all over the country for him. It seems crazy and I'm honestly not sure how all of the logistics work, but you may find amish options available through a little of digging...

o

Thank you aokat. I think you are right. I will try and get the layout & pics posted.

I appreciate your insight on losing the cabs if knocking down the wall. I don't like alot of cabinetry. do you know the dimensions of your cabinetry on the range and sink wall?

I will ck Home4all6 too. I envision for my project a blend of your beautiful layout, along w/michelle16's, breezygirl's, and a few others.

TY again so much. I am sure you will hear more fr me :)

o

Simply gorgeous. Just emailed my husband a picture of your transition from kitchen to family room. I like that it's not completely open and that there is a bit of extra counter there. The whole thing is stunning!!

o

Thanks so much, Kitten. The original plan had that wall much more closed up because there is a support beam there, but I wanted a more open feel so we dressed the beam up with the header and added the cabinetry. It has worked fantastically when having people over for snacks/appetizers and is just a nice transition into the family space. Good luck with your planning!

o

Your kitchen is amazing - it is pretty, but calming. I am jealous of all of your windows! And, I am looking forward to seeing that pantry (which I will be jealous of)! Enjoy!

o

Aokat,

Your kitchen is absolutely perfect. I love everything!!! I am in the throes of a full-house reno, including kitchen, and am hoping you could share a bit more info about your kitchen hardware. Are the Gilmore pulls the 3" or 4" pulls? And, are the Aubrey handles the 3 1/2" or 4" handles?

Out of curiousity, how are you finding your Donna Sandra Marble counters? Do they scratch, etch, or stain easily? They are gorgeous.

As is your entire kitchen. So inspiring!

o

Aokat,

Your kitchen is absolutely perfect. I love everything!!! I am in the throes of a full-house reno, including kitchen, and am hoping you could share a bit more info about your kitchen hardware. Are the Gilmore pulls the 3" or 4" pulls? And, are the Aubrey handles the 3 1/2" or 4" handles?

Out of curiousity, how are you finding your Donna Sandra Marble counters? Do they scratch, etch, or stain easily? They are gorgeous.

As is your entire kitchen. So inspiring!

o

Darn it--forgot one question: are the Gilmore knobs the 1" or 1 1/4" knobs?

Thanks for the info!

o

Thanks so much, sif! I am out of town but will measure when I get home and let you know!

o

Thanks so much again, sif1971, for your very kind words!! I have 4" Gilmore and 4" Aubrey pulls. The knobs are 1 1/4".

I love love love my Donna Sandra tops! I have had no problems with staining and I've only noticed one etch mark after 2.5 years and it's something that probably only I can see as the veining of the tops hides so much. Good luck with your reno!! Hope all goes smoothly!!

o

edited to delete duplicate post

This post was edited by aokat15 on Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 9:55

o

Hi aokat15! I am hoping you get this message!! I think I might buy Donna Sandra marble from Mont Granite in Columbus for my kitchen. I was set on it, but my husband just saw it and is worried about the "sparkle" in the stone. He's not sure if he likes it. I have to give my deposit by tomorrow if I want to keep it on hold. I can no longer see your kitchen photos and I would love so much to see it in a kitchen. If you get a chance, I would love to see what your countertops look like. Do your slabs have any sparkle to them, and if so, does it bother you? Thanks in advance for any info you can give me to help me make this decision!!

o

Aokat15, I just remembered that it is your kitchen pictures (I think) from which I copied the deep divided drawers on each side of the range. I loves those drawers. Thank you!

o

Hi hillarie - sorry that I didn't see this sooner! I LOVE my Donna Sandra tops - they have a few amethyst type spots, but nothing really "sparkly". Do you have a pic of the slab? It's possible that this batch is different. I used to have pics on here... but for some reason the links look broken - I will try to fix. I will say that one of the best things about my tops is that it's hard to tell when they are dirty due to the movement in the stone... you really don't pick up easily on crumbs, spots, etc., which is so great with a husband and three small kids who can make a quite a mess :)

Romy - thanks for your post! I am so glad you love your deep drawer - I still love mine as well! Do you have a reveal thread yet? Just from that little peak I would bet your new space is amazing!!

o

here are some of the original pics posted:

This post was edited by aokat15 on Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 19:51

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here