Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peytonrose1015

Please identify these cabinets?

ILoveRed
12 years ago

I have inset cabinets now and although I love the look, I do not want inset cabinets in my next house because of my kids.

I really like these cabinets. I can't tell---what type of cabinets are they?

Thanks!

Comments (15)

• CEFreeman
    12 years ago

Full Overlay.
    Very pretty.
    When you move, I'll come take your cabinets and put in mine from here, OK? No one but us will ever know.

I love inset, particularly beaded inset cabinets!

• remodelfla
    12 years ago

Full overlay shaker style

• willtv
    12 years ago

Yep, Shaker, full overlay

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow, thanks. That was quick.
    CE--you have such a good sense of humor. I wonder if the new owners of my house would notice the missing cabinets!

Thanks guys.

• ferris
    12 years ago

I would say frameless!
    They're probably custom too.

• gregincal
    12 years ago

It's hard to tell with the small picture, but they don't look like full overlay to me. I think they're frameless inset. The cabinet edges look like they're flush with the front of the cabinet doors.

Like this:

{{!gwi}}

• badgergal
    12 years ago

To me they look like full overlay with a light rail at the bottom that is flush with the doors.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all.

Greg, if I knew how to make the picture bigger, I would.

I see where you are coming from with your picture. Hmm.

• CEFreeman
    12 years ago

If you look closely, the doors (almost)meet each other, THEN, the rails and stiles show.

I stand by Full Overlay [nodding firmly] with beee--uuu---tee--ful Shaker doors.

• kammererk
    12 years ago

The designer says they're flush inset. See the link below. You can find more pictures of the kitchen on houzz.com - either search Shuffle Interiors or Woodinville Retreat.

They are beautiful and if I hadn't read the response by the designer, I would have guessed full overlay.

Here is a link that might be useful: [Woodinville Retreat[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/woodinville-retreat-transitional-kitchen-seattle-phvw-vp~389280)

• clarygrace
    12 years ago

Really like the backsplash! I love the kitchen!!!!

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kammereck and all

Never even occurred to me to read Houzz for the answer-- when i did just now the designer has corrected herself since you looked at it.

Now she says they are are "frame inset" instead of flush inset.

Can someone tell me what the difference is. I didn't know there were different types of inset cabinets. Might these hold up a little better than my inset cabinets?

I agree---this kitchen is beautiful. Didn't even see all of those other pics. Thanks for pointing them out.

• gregincal
    12 years ago

This is a better picture. You can see how it's like my previous picture and you can see the cabinet edge next to and between the cabinet doors. If it was full overlay you wouldn't be able to see the cabinet box:

Whereas these cabinets in the bathroom are full overlay, there's no cabinet edge showing between the sets of doors:

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Greg-looks like you had it. Now can you or anyone else help me out further. I went back and looked, really looked at those Woodinville Retreat pictures. Still not sure what I am looking at.

The kitchen in my new house will be like the kitchen I have now. Mostly drawers On bottom. The drawers are what I have issue with, not doors.

Some of my inset cabinet drawers look bad, specifically my silverware drawer and one desk drawer. So disappointed in how they held up.

These "frameless inset" cabinets--the drawers look like they are better protected? am I wrong?

Here's an embarrassing pic of my worst drawer and what I want to avoid. Would this type of drawer avoid this.

My uppers are all fine.

Honestly, we are not destructive people, just a busy family that really use the heck out of our kitchen.

I love the cabinets in that picture, but do not want to have regrets again, as this really will be our last house.

• marcolo
    12 years ago

If the uppers are fine, you can do inset above and frameless overlay below. Plenty of others here have done it.

However, I'm not sure that the wear on your drawers has anything to do with inset. It looks to me more like people are used to sliding silverware and such over the top of the drawer to get it in and out, and overlay won't help with that.