Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tile recommendation that looks like wood?

Posted by twingle (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 14:54

I would love wood floors in my kitchen but I don't know if we could. My house is on a crawl space. I have 4 boys and a 130 pound Bernese Mountain Dog. Is wood an option? What about engineered wood floors? If tile is the best choice are there any tiles that mimic the look of wood floors?? I have ceramic tile now and they are hold and hard and cracked. So I really tired of the whole tile thing. Any suggestions??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tile recommendation that looks like wood?

There are some nice pocelain wood tiles out there (click link). Will still be cold unless you put radiant heating under them. Sounds like you would prefer wood though. Engineered floors are very good these days.

Here is a link that might be useful: porcelain wood

o
RE: Tile recommendation that looks like wood?

I love the look of ceramic tiles that look like wood and have them in our TV room which is off the garage. It works well there as we often use the garage entrance to come and go.
However, even if you heat it for your kitchen, it is still hard on the legs and feet, if you drop a glass it will shatter and of course if you drop something heavy you can chip a tile. Don't get me started on the dirty grout lines.
If you go with wood, use a low gloss finish and you won't really notice the scratches. You can put scatter rugs in the high traffic areas. Enjoy them and then when the kids and dog are older you can have them refinished.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here