Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bella0605_gw

Ge cafe wall oven vs. Kenmore Pro (Help! Analysis Paralysis!)

bella0605
10 years ago

Hello! First, what a wealth of information this community is! I have learned so much today by reading here! I am looking at electric double wall ovens and after reading online reviews, consumers reports, etc my head is spinning. Now I am scared to buy anything at all!

We remodeled our house ten years ago and purchased a Frigidare oven that died once after we used self clean (head bowed in shame that I did not check here first on that one). We replaced the circuit board to the tune of $800 and I have learned today that it actually may have been a reset type function instead of the entire circuit board. (I promise that I will not ever call a repair man without educating myself here again!) Well, it has died again and I don't want to put any more into it, so the search has begun for a new oven. The Frigidaire has seemed ok but has never been a great appliance. The cons were that it had a very loud fan and in the past few years (since it has aged) has cooked unevenly.

I cook every night for a family of five. I am looking at mid range ovens and really like the looks of the Kenmore Pro and the GE Cafe. (I would love to find something that actually looks good in the kitchen.) The features seem similar but I am worried about the reliability. Consumer reports gives both good companies ratings as far as repairs go, but does not address reliability of specific models. When I search outside of CR, there are some scathing reviews out there that are scaring me. I feel like I can find positives and negatives for anything I look for, but it has me stuck. This community seems more grounded and really gives such solid advice, so I would love to learn from your experience and to see what I am missing in this process. Any experiences good or bad with these models?

Comment (1)