Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phyl345

Caesarstone Misty Carrera vs. Zodiac Bianca Carrea ?

phyl345
14 years ago

On the web both Ceasarstone Misty Carrera and Zodiac Bianca Carrera look really great ~ anybody have them? ~ anybody have an opinion? ~

I think I remember there was a post about Ceasarstone that said Ceasarstone was more expensive than other manufactured stone brands ~ (?)

If anybody has either of these countertops, would you be willing to post a picture for me?

I am aiming for a black & white kitchen ~ not only cuz I like it, but because then I can accesorize with whatever colors I want ~ (and I LOVE to accesorize) grin ~

Thanks in advance for any info & advice you can give ~

Comments (18)

• Diane Clayton
    14 years ago

I picked the Ceasarstone over the Zodiac from the samples and won't see it in for another 6 weeks.

• firstmmo
    14 years ago

Christopher Peacock did a beautiful kitchen in his SF showroom in Misty Carrera. I was shocked at how nice it looked. I had been contemplating marble and was not sold on the Caesarstone, but after seeing this example, I was fairly impressed. We ended up not going with it, but it was a clear second choice. I wish I could have taken a picture, but they don't allow that!

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

animala.... your kitchen is beautiful! Did you post details somewhere?

• theanimala
    14 years ago

remodelfla, thank you, I did post the finished kitchen last month, pictures at the thread below.

Since I don't want to hijack this thread, I have attached the Misty Carrera pics from the Caesarstone website:

It's funny, all of the pictures on Caesarstone's website has the thicker mitre'd edge (which we did as well) but is hardly mentioned in their brochures and not many dealers had any clue about it.

Here is a link that might be useful: My finished kitchen with Misty Carrera

• Diane Clayton
    14 years ago

Is your Misty Carrera honed or polished?

• theanimala
    14 years ago

Montanamaven, ours is polished. What we liked about Caesarstone is that it is not crazy glossy shiny like granite.

• sofla
    14 years ago

I have it on my white island.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• francoise47
    14 years ago

Dear Sofla, Misty carrera looks very pretty on your island. Thanks for posting. I was happy to see how much contrast there is between the misty carrera and the white painted cabinets. They look beautiful together and pick up on the colors in your floor very well. May I ask what color of white your cabinets are? They seem to be a very white, white.

• Diane Clayton
    14 years ago

Thanks, it's a stunning kitchen. I'm ordering the polished then. Sounds like less cleanup and I'm messy.

• nicanewjersey
    14 years ago

I saw the Zodiac installed at Ikea in Paramus NJ. I thought it looked great, and I was considering it for our counters. I have not seen the Caesarstone in person, but I would say that the Zodiac has a little more contrast, with a little more black speckling here and there, whereas the Caesarstone seems more gray overall, more muted. The Zodiac I saw was really beautiful, much nicer than the tiny "sample" on their website. To me it looked very much like real stone.

• phyl345
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you so much for all the replies; very helpful!

All the misty carrera look so marvelous ~~ But after the post by nicanewjersey, I'm more confused than ever ~ (grin)

I haven't seen the Zodiac Bianca Carrera in person ~ or even a picture ~ or even an opinion of someone who has it in their kitchen ~ anyone?

Did any of you who have the Caesarstone Misty Carrera also consider the Zodiac?

I thought I remembered another post quite awhile ago that said Misty Carrera is more expensive ~ anybody know if that is true?

thanks for all your help ~

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

If it helps any, I've also been considering these. The sample I saw of the zodiac was indeed more contrasty, but I personally didn't care for it--looked more like ink lines or limestone than marble, but it's a nice look if that's your style.

Where I am the Misty Carrera is more expensive because Caesarstone is more than Zodiac. I think this varies greatly by region, so you should check locally.

You probably couldn't find a picture of the zodiac because it's really "Bianco Carrara".. Pic:

Here's a thread that shows them side by side (scroll down):

Here is a link that might be useful: bianco carrara meets Misty Carrera

• kompy
    14 years ago

Here's a photo of Caesarstone Misty Carrera at a home show from a few years ago.
    I would do it in my own home. Customers love it too!

• sofla
    14 years ago

Franscois47, the color of the cabinets are white. It is a bright white.

• dianne47
    14 years ago

When I was shopping for countertops I considered Caesarstone, I even found colors I liked. But the price was totally out of my range (more than double the cost of other materials I was considering) and the vendor told me the material is manufactured in Israel, imported and distributed through California, then sent to New Mexico. I thought this was too much transportation, I'm trying to be more "green" than that.

• lucymullis
    14 years ago

to the animala,

Your backsplash is gorgeous. What is it?

• junk6766
    8 years ago

I don't have a picture at the moment, but I used Misty Carrera by Caesarstone, and it's absolutely gorgeous. It isn't stark white, it's got a softness and warmth to the color. However, be careful leaving hot pans on it. Mine did burn in a small area when I accidentally did that.