Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lcaroline12

In-counter compost buckets

LCaroline12
10 years ago

I LOVE those in-counter compost buckets that some of you showed in the "neato" thread! Right now we just throw scraps in a bowl and it lingers on my counter until somebody finally gets tired of looking at it (or the fruit flies start showing up). I showed this to DH and he isn't on board with the in-counter bucket. For one, it would have to go over the top of a lazy suzan and that would hinder your ability to put stuff on the top shelf, and two, he doesn't want to risk having another place for water to seep in the laminate countertop. I agree these are good arguments. My kitchen *is* small so storage space is precious. Should I give up this idea or is there a way we could make this work? Maybe there's something I haven't considered.

I'm posting a picture of my kitchen as it is now. Cabs and countertops are ordered and they're going in next month. The layout will be the same with some tweaks. Not sure if you all remember my other posts, but there used to be low hanging cabs over the peninsula. We took them out last week and now I'm wondering why I didn't do this years ago?

Sorry I don't have an overhead layout. Starting from the fridge and going around, it will be an 18" pull out wire rack, stove, lazy susan corner, sink, lazy susan corner, 18" 4 drawer stack, dishwasher, 30" pots & pans drawer. Any way to stick in a compost bucket??

Comments (9)