Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please post your white shaker door style finished kitchen pics!

Posted by happytimes (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 14:36

I saw so many beautiful kitchens posted here last year that I can no longer find, i was hoping those with similar styles to mine would be so kind as to re-post or point me to their kitchen reveals again?

I took a break from this site for a few months and just came back because we are ready to start our kitchen on a new construction house. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find any of the inspiration and information I had found last year!

The style I'm aiming for is a traditional kitchen with white shaker style cabinetry (will probably do inset doors), large island. I saw so many gorgeous kitchens fitting this description and would love to see and read about them again.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please post your white shaker door style finished kitchen pic

Here's a shot of ours.
The cabs are full overlay and, due to its size, there's no island.
Also, below is a link to a more complete slideshow

Here is a link that might be useful: Completed Kitchen Slideshow

o

These are beaded inset cabinets.

o

Vintage cabinets, shaker/inset:
 photo curtains004.jpg

Incidentally, I recently found this image on two websites (besides the blog of my friend, who had permission), one selling 'geese curtains', and one touting craigslist finds. Sorry ... OT, but LOL.

o

White shaker cabs painted BM Simply White with full overlay.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to my not done kitchen with more pics

o

Custom White shaker inset cabs, BM Simply white paint

photo kitchendraftafterphoto.jpg

o

Thank you so much everyone who posted. Especially all the info on your finished kitchen link Breezygirl. It's so beautiful and I also love the cat pictures!

Babushka cat, did you ever post with all your kitchen details (cabinet paint color, maker, etc)? Would love to see more of your beautiful kitchen.

Thanks again!

o

flat panel doors

1924 bungalow

o

Inset doors and full overlay drawers in BM White Dove
IMG_3575

Here is a link that might be useful: Soibean's Kitchen

o

I thought I would help you with a simple Google search:
click here. Since this is frequently discussed, you might find lots of inspiration in previous discussions and pictures.

o

I am not finished yet and this is a horrible picture but I wanted to play, too. :) Have fun planning!!

o

Here's mine:

Full view of kitchen

You could also search for segbrown, pps7, aokat15, lolauren, tilenut, mbarbie, greta17, jsweenc, laurainlincoln, and laur66. Those aren't all inset, but I think they are all white shaker with islands. I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot more fabulous ones!

Here is a link that might be useful: mpagmom's finished kitchen

o

Mpagmom, your kitchen is beautiful! Thank you for the search suggestions. it's funny because I did search by certain names, recalllng that I loved their kitchens, and none of the people's that I searched for comes up anymore! Even searching "dutchwood" which seemed to be discussed and pictures posted so frequently here - I have loved everyone's kitchen who used them for cabinetry and wish I could, but I think they're just too far for us - anyway, none of those kitchens even come up anymore. Maybe they have changed the search results on here or something. Anyway, thank you!

o

I just wanted to chime in and say thank you for this. We are finalizing our order with Dutch Haus in Sarasota and I couldn't find all the kitchens I was looking for with my Google search either! I'm convinced some computers are better Google searchers than others. Couldn't possibly be operator error ;)

I'm having a tough time picking the color. OP, let me know what color you go with.

o

Thanks, happytimes.

When I'm searching for a kitchen, I usually use google, not the kitchen forum search. I'll google something like

gardenweb.com finished kitchen pps7

Sometimes I also click on images and I'll see lots of great stuff. I just did that and found a great thread that I'll link below. I posted a lot of my favorites from 2010-2011 there. They aren't all shaker, though. Can't believe I forgot to mention beekeeperswife (she has two now) and firsthouse_mp!

Here is a link that might be useful: white kitchen thread

o

Shaker style in classic white. I don't have backsplash yet.

o

Not my kitchen, but my laundry room! Full overlay, frameless cabs. BM White Dove is the color.

photo DSCN2203_zpsf14ca84d.jpg

o

Full overlay, BM Simply White

photo IMG_1860.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen

o

Framed inset, BM Acadia White:

o

Not quite finished full overlay:

Photobucket

o

These are wonderful! I'm embarrassed to say I had only been searching ON Gardenweb's site for kitchens, it hadn't occurred to me to use Google (I feel like a dunce)... Mpagmom your link had kitchens that I hadn't seen but are also beautiful and great inspiration, so thank you!

I'm working on my layout and will post it soon, I'm so looking forward to getting opinions and suggestions from all the knowledgeable people here!

o

Sorry for the picture quality. It is a dark and dreary day.

Shiloh Homestead in polar white:

photo kitchen3_zps58cb459c.jpg

photo kitchen_zps420858d3.jpg

photo kitchen2_zpsa8c1150b.jpg

o

o

Thanks for doing this - it also is a great illustration of knob/pull/etc. choices!

o

Very useful thread. Bumping for more please!!

o

shaker door with colonial trim detail- BM white dove-inset

o

Almost finished, still have to replace the floors and the stove (GE induction range died a premature death so we are back to old range). And hood is missing as DH was tiling.

o

Can you tell me about your experience with Dutch Haus Cabinetry - Florida? I'm about to build in Sarasota/Venice. Were they easy to work with? Did they come in on budget, Did they install? Did you order custom?
Thanks

o

Olney what color are your cabs? Thanks

o

Island, cabinets are Ikea Adel White.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here