Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
happyx5

Please post your white shaker door style finished kitchen pics!

happyx5
11 years ago

I saw so many beautiful kitchens posted here last year that I can no longer find, i was hoping those with similar styles to mine would be so kind as to re-post or point me to their kitchen reveals again?

I took a break from this site for a few months and just came back because we are ready to start our kitchen on a new construction house. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find any of the inspiration and information I had found last year!

The style I'm aiming for is a traditional kitchen with white shaker style cabinetry (will probably do inset doors), large island. I saw so many gorgeous kitchens fitting this description and would love to see and read about them again.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments (29)

• willtv
    11 years ago

Here's a shot of ours.
    The cabs are full overlay and, due to its size, there's no island.
    Also, below is a link to a more complete slideshow

Here is a link that might be useful: Completed Kitchen Slideshow

• djlandkpl
    11 years ago

These are beaded inset cabinets.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    11 years ago

Vintage cabinets, shaker/inset:

Incidentally, I recently found this image on two websites (besides the blog of my friend, who had permission), one selling 'geese curtains', and one touting craigslist finds. Sorry ... OT, but LOL.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

White shaker cabs painted BM Simply White with full overlay.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to my not done kitchen with more pics

• babushka_cat
    11 years ago

Custom White shaker inset cabs, BM Simply white paint

• happyx5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much everyone who posted. Especially all the info on your finished kitchen link Breezygirl. It's so beautiful and I also love the cat pictures!

Babushka cat, did you ever post with all your kitchen details (cabinet paint color, maker, etc)? Would love to see more of your beautiful kitchen.

Thanks again!

• PRO
    Charles Amen Cabinet
    11 years ago

flat panel doors

1924 bungalow

• soibean
    11 years ago

Inset doors and full overlay drawers in BM White Dove

Here is a link that might be useful: Soibean's Kitchen

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

I thought I would help you with a simple Google search:
    click here. Since this is frequently discussed, you might find lots of inspiration in previous discussions and pictures.

• amandasplit
    11 years ago

I am not finished yet and this is a horrible picture but I wanted to play, too. :) Have fun planning!!

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    11 years ago

Here's mine:

You could also search for segbrown, pps7, aokat15, lolauren, tilenut, mbarbie, greta17, jsweenc, laurainlincoln, and laur66. Those aren't all inset, but I think they are all white shaker with islands. I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot more fabulous ones!

Here is a link that might be useful: mpagmom's finished kitchen

• happyx5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mpagmom, your kitchen is beautiful! Thank you for the search suggestions. it's funny because I did search by certain names, recalllng that I loved their kitchens, and none of the people's that I searched for comes up anymore! Even searching "dutchwood" which seemed to be discussed and pictures posted so frequently here - I have loved everyone's kitchen who used them for cabinetry and wish I could, but I think they're just too far for us - anyway, none of those kitchens even come up anymore. Maybe they have changed the search results on here or something. Anyway, thank you!

• maggie530
    11 years ago

I just wanted to chime in and say thank you for this. We are finalizing our order with Dutch Haus in Sarasota and I couldn't find all the kitchens I was looking for with my Google search either! I'm convinced some computers are better Google searchers than others. Couldn't possibly be operator error ;)

I'm having a tough time picking the color. OP, let me know what color you go with.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    11 years ago

Thanks, happytimes.

When I'm searching for a kitchen, I usually use google, not the kitchen forum search. I'll google something like

gardenweb.com finished kitchen pps7

Sometimes I also click on images and I'll see lots of great stuff. I just did that and found a great thread that I'll link below. I posted a lot of my favorites from 2010-2011 there. They aren't all shaker, though. Can't believe I forgot to mention beekeeperswife (she has two now) and firsthouse_mp!

Here is a link that might be useful: white kitchen thread

• selphydeg
    11 years ago

Shaker style in classic white. I don't have backsplash yet.

• ControlfreakECS
    11 years ago

Not my kitchen, but my laundry room! Full overlay, frameless cabs. BM White Dove is the color.

• windycitylindy
    11 years ago

Full overlay, BM Simply White

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• artemis78
    11 years ago

Framed inset, BM Acadia White:

• fouramblues
    11 years ago

Not quite finished full overlay:

• happyx5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

These are wonderful! I'm embarrassed to say I had only been searching ON Gardenweb's site for kitchens, it hadn't occurred to me to use Google (I feel like a dunce)... Mpagmom your link had kitchens that I hadn't seen but are also beautiful and great inspiration, so thank you!

I'm working on my layout and will post it soon, I'm so looking forward to getting opinions and suggestions from all the knowledgeable people here!

• pps7
    11 years ago

Sorry for the picture quality. It is a dark and dreary day.

Shiloh Homestead in polar white:

• NWRunner
    11 years ago

Thanks for doing this - it also is a great illustration of knob/pull/etc. choices!

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Very useful thread. Bumping for more please!!

• michelle16
    11 years ago

shaker door with colonial trim detail- BM white dove-inset

• Olney
    11 years ago

Almost finished, still have to replace the floors and the stove (GE induction range died a premature death so we are back to old range). And hood is missing as DH was tiling.

• cjsud
    11 years ago

Can you tell me about your experience with Dutch Haus Cabinetry - Florida? I'm about to build in Sarasota/Venice. Were they easy to work with? Did they come in on budget, Did they install? Did you order custom?
    Thanks

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Olney what color are your cabs? Thanks

• Olney
    11 years ago

Island, cabinets are Ikea Adel White.