Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen sink help

Posted by annkh (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 14:32

I am in the process of remodeling my kitchen with custom-built cabinets. Most of the budget is going to the cabinets themselves, so I'm planning to go with laminate countertops and a stainless steel sink drop-in sink.

My problem is that my sink wall is short - 10 feet - and at the closed end of a U, so space is at a premium. Narrowing the sink cab down from 36" will make a huge difference in terms of using the space on each side (one side will have drawers; the other side a narrow cookie sheet cabinet between the sink and a diagonal corner cab).

Our current sink is a double, so that's what we're used to. I'm debating between a larger single sink, and an offset one like this:
http://www.moen.com/camelot/stainless-steel-20-gauge-double-bowl-drop-in-sink/_/R-CONSUMER%3A22238

Having not ever had a single sink, I don't know if I'll love it or hate it. We use the dishwasher for everything but pots and pans (which would fit better in a single sink).

Thoughts? Experiences? Suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen sink help

Oops, posted the link wrong.

Here is a link that might be useful: offset sink

o

I'm sure you've read all the posts about single vs double. IMO for most people, if you only have one sink, it's probably better to have a double. In this case, is the big side big enough to hold your biggest stockpot? It looks like it has a regular-sized side and a smaller side. If that's the case, and if you just need the smaller side for anything extra that has to happen while the big side is busy (garbage disposer?), then I think it would work.

o

There are some awesome offset sinks out there that can go even bigger than that Moen and still fit in a 33" cab!

Are you thinking of going down to...how big of a cab?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here