Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
epressler

Anyone heard of ColorQuartz brand of quartz?

Emily
11 years ago

Hi, I am posting this in kitchens because it gets so much traffic but I am planning on doing a white quartz countertop and tub deck in my master bath renovation. I was planning on using Casearstone pure white but just found out the fabricator I want to use no longer can get casearstone. They now carry a line called ColorQuartz, and have a color called frost white which is very similar to pure white. I have never heard of this company before. It looks like in their website it has just become available in the Midwest where I live. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

Comments (67)

• allenbd75
    9 years ago

The Formica comment was more sarcasm because as the ColorQuartz website shows, this brand "should" outperform any other material which was our driving force. Shame on us. Good luck!

• chippiecinder
    9 years ago

uh oh After at least a month and 157 slabs later, we just today think we want the ColorQuartz for our kitchen counter. I was between soapstone and a zinc/slate sort of product but zinc is too costly and slate too fragile. Voila the ColorQuartz pewter, which reminds me of a cross between zinc and slate. Without the worry of soapstone. I will be able to see the slabs at the warehouse before I choose the one I want. I'd seen Pentalquartz on pinterest, and didn't know it was available here (Boston area). Now I'm not sure what to do, besides look into Pentalquartz. I was SO liking the look of the ColorQuartz. Sigh

• alley2007
    9 years ago

I did end up switching from Color Quartz. Here is a link to companies that have licenses for the Breton technology and you'll notice Color Quartz is not listed.

http://www.breton.it/engineeredstone/en/product/Plants_for_manufacturing_compound_stone/WEB_LINKS_TO_THE_MAIN_BRETON_COMPOUND_STONE_MANUFACTURERS

However, also noticed this thread from one of the GW experts which had interesting things to say about quartz manufactured in China.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/3001328/coverings-2015?n=2

Good luck!

• chippiecinder
    9 years ago

Thanks, alley2007. The second link definitely does not bring me to the discussion you mention! But I can do a search myself. I also dug around and see Pentalquartz and Vicostone are not available to me.

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I saw where Joseph said the Chinese quartz looked good, and my immediate thought was performance is all that matters. That you won't know until you shell out several thousand dollars. I don't think a savings of a few hundred dollars is worth it in the grand scheme of the cost of a new kitchen. Penny-wise, pound foolish. I would be even more hesitant using a solid color of the Chinese quartz since solids are more apt to show etches and scratches.

• toriat
    8 years ago

I too have picked out color Quartz it's the only Quartz offered by my builder. The stone outlet does not say that they have had any problems. I will do granite in the kitchen and I can switch to granite in all but one of the bathrooms. This is so disappointing.

• chippiecinder
    8 years ago

I moved on to LG Viatero. Will either choose Minuet or Rococco. I am not thrilled with either choice sorry to say. Whatever, I find the Ceasarstone (wanted London grey) is astronomical, the LG is higher than granite but will go for it, and decided against Color Quartz mainly due to this post! That doesn't mean you won't be happy with it, toriat.

• toriat
    8 years ago

That's true but I am now tending to go completely with granite. I have granite in my existing kitchen and I love it. It's solid and forever. I'm skeptical about quartz now. I've seen people complaining about chipping and scratching. I've read posts complaining about Cambria too. I know I might not have any problems but why take a chance.

• toriat
    8 years ago

• toriat
    8 years ago

Those are some of the granites I am now considering after abandoning Quartz.

• chippiecinder
    8 years ago

I think with your love of granite and your colors there, you should be able to find a granite you love-and maybe you've already done so? Those look like solid choices! It sounds like granite is calling to you.

• toriat
    8 years ago

I think you are right chippiecinder.

• Gracie
    8 years ago

I hope you can see that the floor tile reads pink while the granite is gold. Look for a creamier tile that works with the gold.

• toriat
    8 years ago

Good point

• toriat
    8 years ago

I looked at it again in real life and the colors seem to go better than they do in the photo which is picking up a pinky cast. These are not the actual slabs I will use I will go back to pick in September. One of the pluses of color Quartz is what you see is what you get.

• Chris Alexander
    8 years ago

I decided just last night to go with the Colorquartz (color:Storm) for our Master Bath remodel. I think it's beautiful and had no idea about price until I chose it because it was the best color. They said the warranty is the same as the caesarstone. I'm going with it. Maybe if I chose it for the Kitchen I would re-think my choice but it's a bathroom that only my husband and I share. Here's a photo I just took of it (it's the solid grey piece).....the other tiles are the Carrera Marble for our shower and the other is our accent tile that will also go in the shower as well as the backsplash for the counter top. I'll let you know how it all goes when it's installed.

• jane denis
    8 years ago

I've just had frost white color quartz counters installed in my kitchen, If anyone wants to know how I feel within the near future, just ask. I didn't know about Breton technique etc. when choosing, nor did I do any price comparison. I went to Marble and Granite, Inc. in MA and chose the white quartz without knowing the manufacturer until looking on the back of the sample piece. I'm guessing it will be o.k., fingers crossed:)

• Leigh Brooks Crutchfield
    8 years ago

Hi I was wondering if anyone has used the colorquartz color spyder? I've been trying to dig up a good photo but can't find any project images. It's similar to Venatino...white with the grey veining except I think the pattern is a bit more organic. We are deciding whether we should go for the quartz, hone marble or granite. I absolutely love the look of marble. I've read a lot of mixed reviews regarding honed marble wear and tear along with mixed reviews on the durability of Quartz. I was going to just do the Quartz so I wouldn't have to worry so much with the scratching, chipping, staining etc but now after reading through these reviews I'm really not sure what to pick. The granite options that I have to choose from (going through builders granite/marble guy) are not close to the white base color and aesthetic look that I love in the marble or Quartz. If anyone has a good photo of the colorquarz stone spyder option I would so appreciate you sharing. The small little samples in the showroom are not enough to go off of. I'm just afraid that the patterns on the quartz look a bit contrived and not fluid enough. What to do...what to do...:)

• Leigh Brooks Crutchfield
    8 years ago

just found this image of colorquartz spyder!

• toriat
    8 years ago

I agree. I am so glad I went with all granite in my house. I would not mind so much going with color Quartz for a small bathroom vanity because it's not too expensive to change but not in a kitchen.

• chippiecinder
    8 years ago

I agree with toriat. I haven't been on this board since my kitchen was finished early Sept-but-we ended up going with granite. I LOVE LOVE it. No fuss, no worries-cleans beautifully, can take heat..It's just perfect for us all the way around. This was after months of visiting every marble/granite/quartz distributor in the Boston area. No kidding. Price much cheaper as well.

• Lisa T.
    8 years ago

Just came across this thread and have to jump in. We are almost through with a big kitchen renovation after bad ice dam leaks last year. You all are wondering a lot about colorquartz. I can report that the colorquartz we installed for all our kitchen counters looks absolutely beautiful. The color is 'Storm' -- which is a pretty good name for this delicately marbled grey. (Maybe they were thinking of deep, rich storm clouds.) There are no overly asymmetrical color variations. The fabrication must have been easy enough because the pieces fit perfectly upon installation (surrounding sink and fixtures and cooktop, etc.) Of our entire kitchen job, we are happiest with our new counters, both the look and the ease of installation. I'd say the counters were the ONE thing about the renovation which went perfectly! We have placed/dropped all manner of pots/pans/knives on top and haven't any scratches or burns or chips. (We also have an insane puppy growing in leaps and bounds, jumping all over the counter edges: no scratches.)

I would buy the same thing again.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    8 years ago

I sell Colorquartz and Caesarstone and CQ entry group is only about $1.30 less per square foot than Caesarstone's entry group. Their other colors are also within a few dollars difference per SF. But Caesarstone also has a third price color group (includes London Grey) which is about $12 to $14 more per square foot. But remember pricing is different from one dealer to another...and from one part of the country to another....and also dependant on the fabricator costs.

• lhall80
    8 years ago
    @jane denis How are your ColorQuartz frost white counters holding up?
  • Julie Loves To Shop
    8 years ago

I'd love to know too!

• jennifers_lunsford
    8 years ago

Me three! I fell in love with the Spyder at my local Kitchen and Bath Store. I am nervous about ordering them.

• jane denis
    8 years ago

Hi All, sorry I haven't looked at this since my kitchen was finished. But re: the Colorquartz, I love it - no problems at all. The installer for the backsplash, glass tile, a different installer than colorquartz installer, made a tiny chip on the back border when installing glass backsplash - should have been done first but he had cxled! anyway, if anyone knows of an easy fix for a chip please tell me, but otherwise I'll just leave it. But love the product CQ!

• clark24776
    7 years ago

We installed Colorquartz Pewter throughout our house because we loved the color. I'm horribly disappointed by the quality. After just a few months several tiny white pock marks have showed up as if the top layer is eroding away. Also, anywhere water sits on the counters, they become badly discolored. We are not rough on them and always try to avoid letting water sit on them, but they look very beaten up after just a few months.

• mayflowers
    7 years ago

This is the second time I've heard about the surface of Chinese quartz becoming pockmarked. The other was Samsung quartz.

So is it covered by their warranty?

• Chris Alexander
    7 years ago
    UPDATE on the Colorquartz that we chose for our Master Bathroom remodel. As I stated months ago, we chose Colorquartz because we liked the color. We had no idea about the price until we had chosen the color. We were assured that the warranty is the same as the Caesarstone. We decided to go with it. Our MB remodel was a total gut, the entire job took four and a half months but it is finally finished and has been done for 6 months now. The Color Quartz is the countertop (color is grey storm) here is the finished project! Our remodel cost just shy of $30,000. We have had zero problems with the counter top and we love it!
  • Chris Alexander
    7 years ago
    UPDATE on the Colorquartz that we chose for our Master Bathroom remodel. As I stated months ago, we chose Colorquartz because we liked the color. We had no idea about the price until we had chosen the color. We were assured that the warranty is the same as the Caesarstone. We decided to go with it. Our MB remodel was a total gut, the entire job took four and a half months but it is finally finished and has been done for 6 months now. The Color Quartz is the countertop (color is grey storm) here is the finished project! Our remodel cost just shy of $30,000. We have had zero problems with the counter top and we love it!
  • Yuan Gong Hamilton ON CANADA 6b
    7 years ago

a diamond if you tell me where u got that paper towel thingy holder

• Jeremy Rubell
    7 years ago

I'm looking at using Fiji White. It has more gray than Caesarstone Organic White and haven't found any other Quartz like it. Any recent reviews on quality of this stuff? It's pretty hard to find anything online. Thanks.

• PRO
    FLA!R
    7 years ago

ditto

• mo mad
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

More feedback on Colorquartz brand. We have been in our new home just two weeks and are seeing the same pock marks (thought they were bread crumbs) in the kitchen and even powder room that has been used twice! This product is clearly inferior and will be just one more battle for us with the contractor. :/ IMO pass on this product.

• Cali Homeowner
    7 years ago

Yes, it's made in China. I bought it and am pleased with the product, however, not pleased at all with the fabrication. So do make sure you find a great fabricator.

• Nicole Ziegler
    7 years ago

i'm very glad I came across this thread! the leading kitchen design company in the area just started carrying colorquartz and I found a pattern I absolutely love (which is hard, because I don't like anything predominately brown, and a white/gray pattern doesn't go with the kitchen design). i'm planning on stopping by a granite/quartz place tomorrow to get some pricing. I really hope I find a pattern I like because I don't like anything from Cambria or Zodiac.

• Jeremy Rubell
    7 years ago

Don't buy it. It's inferior quartz. There are other brands at lower price points and different variations than the big names which are better than this.

• mo mad
    7 years ago

I agree with Jeremy. Our COlorquartz is not holding up well.

• Optasia
    7 years ago

What is an affordable alternative to ColorQuartz? We are getting our kitchen done and the contractor just took us to a colorquartz store. Now I'm nervous. Haven't bought yet.

• User
    7 years ago

You can't shop by price, end up with cheepchinesecrap, and then gripe about what you got. You want quartz, suck it up and buy a name brand with a well respected manufacturer behind it. Or else go with Uba Tuba or New venetian Gold granite. That is a budget material. If you want a luxury material, pay the luxury price. Or, have the budget to buy it twice if your bargain fails. Which costs a lot more than buying the quality material the first time.

• Cynthia
    7 years ago

This is so helpful, everyone, thank you. We were just quoted Colorquartz and I guess we will avoid it -- go back to Silestone, which we have used twice already in kitchens with few problems (one place where the edge has chipped, but we have a lot of countertop)

• mayflowers
    7 years ago

I would only buy quartz that is on this list. These are the names of the Breton-licensed manufacturers. The quartz product itself might have a different name. For example, I have Vicostone, which is on the list, but Pental sells Vicostone under their own label and calls it Pentalquartz. Cosentino makes quartz that we all know as Silestone.

http://www.breton.it/engineeredstone/en/product/Plants_for_manufacturing_compound_stone/WEB_LINKS_TO_THE_MAIN_BRETON_COMPOUND_STONE_MANUFACTURERS

• Optasia
    7 years ago

We ended up getting PentalQuartz and it was similarly priced to ColorQuartz.

• Mike B.
    6 years ago

Here's the issue I'm having. I'm not finding ColorQuartz to be the cheapest at all, yet we clearly like the color the best of the options we're looking at. We are getting our bathroom remodeled and are finding that ColorQuartz is more expensive than the 2 Silestone options (Grey Expo and Cemento Spa), is about the same (within $100) as the Q Quartz "Mystic Grey" option, and is cheaper than Caeserstone "Pebble". But again, we like the look of the ColorQuartz the best.

Question for those who have had a bad experience with ColorQuartz...is your stone honed or polished and does that make any difference? We're looking at getting something that looks like concrete, and ColorQuartz's honed "Cool Concrete" is the best thing we've seen in person so far.

If anyone has any other suggestions on quartz that looks like concrete, I'm all ears.

• Sheri Jones
    5 years ago
    I see colorquartz mentioned here but who has actually had it installed in their home and what is your opinion of Colorquartz. I’m looking to redo my kitchen countertop in CQ825 - spectre gray. Also who is familiar with CQ itouch finish??
  • BB Denson
    5 years ago

Steer clear of ColorQuartz.

I bought five slabs of Akoya Pearl Quartz from International
    Granite and Marble (IGM). This quartz is made by ColorQuartz. Their sample was incredibly beautiful. It looked like real stone.
    It was to be delivered and installed while I was gone, therefore I asked IGM if
    I should come and approve the slabs before I left. They said no, because
    it was man-made, they would all look like the sample. They delivered and
    installed while I was gone. The material that was installed was of incredibly
    poor quality. It has little specks all over it. It looks like it is covered in
    freckles or made of tapioca. I called IGM and complained. They came to my
    home and looked at it and agreed with me. They said it would be up to
    ColorQuartz to refund my money or replace it. I called the local
    ColorQuartz rep. He said it was awful that the quartz looked so bad. He
    said he would do something that day or the next. He did not. I then
    called and complained to the ColorQuartz VP of Sales. He literally told me he
    didn't care. Repeatedly, he just said, "I don't care". I never heard
    of any sales person ever before say such a thing. IGM is no longer returning my
    calls, so I am not too pleased with them either. If they are a good
    company, they will drop ColorQuartz. I paid $6121.61 for those slabs.
    I am attaching photos. The one on the right is the actual, the one on the
    left is the sample.

• kristi
    5 years ago

@Chris Alexander – if you see this, can you let me know how your Color Quartz storm counter tops are holding up? I'm looking to do almost exactly what you did in your bathroom and I love the color of CQ Storm, but these reviews are scaring me off a bit.

• Mike B.
    5 years ago

So we went ahead with the Cool Concrete ColorQuartz product for our master bath that I was asking about above. It's been about 4 months now and I can say we are very happy with the product. Now one difference from our experience compared to BB's above is that we got to pick out our actual slab at the granite store, so we knew exactly what it would look like. Overall I'd say we're very pleased and have had no issues up to this point.

• zumba1
    5 years ago

I wish I could find a color using Breton technology that is similar to Colorquartz Siberian White. It's a creamy background with taupe and beige swirls. Do any of you have a recommendation? I want the Quartz to last and hold up. It will be used in the kitchen. Thanks for any advice!