Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kobe vs Pro Line hoods

Posted by Lorenza5064 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 14:26

I am planning to install a 30 " hood over a 24" range. Have noticed that Kobe hoods are well reviewed. I found a pro line chimney hood that is considerably less $$$. Any opinions on Pro Line hoods? They seem to be comparable to Kobe products, gauge of SS, fan system, cfms. Please advise

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kobe vs Pro Line hoods

Check out BBB (better business bureau) on ProLine and you'll have your answer, in addition to several threads here on Gardenweb on this product line. Also, do a google search on "Proline Hood problems."

o

Thanks for the leads. I have read thru the GW threads and read the bbb report. It seems that some are fabulously happy with their hood, have received good support (save one very very disgruntled customer). The biggest complaint seemed to be with delivery. The BBB rePort catalogued complaints, resolutions of complaints, and non resolved cases. It also provided comments from Proline addressing the delivery complaints. I find comments on GW that disparage nearly every hood company represented on the various threads. I wish we could re tee the conversation with updated info and opinions. More research to do. Thanks to all who have weighed in on this issue.

o

I never used either hood. However, I kinda feel Pro Line has some issue with quality control.

It's a wild guess, and here it is.

While doing research on the hood for my kitchen, I found that Pro Line has a series of video on youtube, which are pretty nicely done.

Yet, when I look at one video "How to Clean Range Hood Baffle Filters and Fans", I could not hold to notice the blood on the presenter's hand: he clearly cut his finger during the cleaning, although he keeps saying that this is such an easy job.

I have to admit, if this is a live demonstration, the presenter gives a really great show, since he is always calm, as seems nothing happens. But as a formal video uploaded for public viewing, I would think that it's no-brainer to wipe off the blood, and redo it again. How much will an extra take cost?

That's my conclusion, while people are working hard to get the great product, there are some aspects of Pro Line that are so unprofessional, especially in the quality control.

It's an old video, probably 3 years old. I hope the things are getting better now.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Clean Range Hood Baffle Filters and Fans

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here