Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Color/wood and door style of cabinets dilemma? Please help

Posted by thedork (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 14:23

I am lost - my floors are golden oak hardwood original for 1952 house.
My first pick was off white dark glazed cabinets with maybe darker stain on the floors later but now looking at the painted cabinets pricing, I probably should stay with some type of wood stain finish ( budget is tight). I have trouble picking the color - my dining table is more rustic dark brown stain and the house is not modern ( transitional ). Which color of cabinets should I go with so they don't fight with the golden color hardwood and dark table and chairs. I don't like really dark kitchens, I want something warmer but which will be in the same color palette and not too red or orange.
I am not a big fan of shaker style �" like more sleek door but not too modern - thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Color/wood and door style of cabinets dilemma? Please help

Which lines have you looked at painted cabnets in? Some are more affordable than others. And you may not need painted. There are some laminates that can work. I just did a whole kitchen with hutch and V groove peninsula back, glass doors, drawers, and roll out trays in Aristokraft Durham door for a couple and the total was only 6K.

There are plenty of affordable choices available! Are you up for DIY painting and glazing yourself?

o

No, I am not DYI - need to order the cabinets and hire a contractor - here are some pics of the space. Thank you for your advice!

o

Could you please share a picture of your kitchen? I like the door style and color - it is laminate correct? Thank you!

o

It was just ordered, so no pics yet, but here is one from the Aristokraft website. Full disclosure: I'm a KD who sells Aristokraft for ProSource, but any local company that handles the same product can help you. I'd encourage you to explore local custom cabinet makers as well.

From Aristokraft

From Houzz

o

This is a rendering, so it has it's limitations. The kitchen is U shaped, 107"x84", and the fridge run is 93".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here