Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cute redo - 2-tone cabs, raised uppers to ceilings w/ shelf under

Posted by tracie.erin (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 14:19

This kitchen came out really well. Also, it provides more inspiration pictures to point to when we recommend rehanging upper cabinets at ceiling height with a shelf running underneath. :)

PS - not mine & no affiliation

Here is a link that might be useful: Domestic Imperfection's Decked Out Kitchen Reveal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cute redo - 2-tone cabs, raised uppers to ceilings w/ shelf u

I love it. I think the shiplap is what really makes it.

o

It looks fantastic! Well done : )

o

Not bad. In my opinion all the white around the passthrough seems a big stark. Perhaps you can do something to break up the big expanse of white above the passthrough. It also seems like it might be difficult to reach into the uppers with them being so high up, but at least you have more storage space than before.

o

Fantastic redo! Love it! Can I ask what the cost was for this redo? Were the original cabs oak?

o

Thanks for all the nice comments but it's not my kitchen. :) I just thought the forum would enjoy it. It's got some interesting elements to it.

GWlolo, the owner does not seem to disclose the total cost on this blog post (see link in my first post) nor does she mention the wood species. To me they do look unmistakably like oak. Perhaps you can find it if you poke around her blog a bit.

o

That's really nice. Thanks for sharing it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here