Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattyjill_gw

Jennair?? What is your feeling or experience?

Pattyjill
11 years ago

Looking for reviews on Jennair. I found a fantastic deal on it!

Thanks.

Comments (9)

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

I have the JennAir counter-depth french door fridge. It's about 1.5 years old. I love it and have no complaints. I emailed the company before I bought it and my model was made in the USA too (not all of them are).

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

I have the JennAir counter-depth french door fridge. It's about 1.5 years old. I love it and have no complaints. I emailed the company before I bought it and my model was made in the USA too (not all of them are).

• kaysd
    11 years ago

We had a circa 2002 Jenn-Air counter depth side by side fridge that worked very well for the 8 years we had it before changing houses.

• wi-sailorgirl
    11 years ago

I have all Jenn-Air appliances, ranging in age from a 10-year old dual-fuel slide-in downdraft range, to the French door fridge and dishwasher, which are probably about 5 years old. I have no major complaints with any of them. The range is really loud on the convection setting (which is all I use), the downdraft doesn't work as well as I'd like and every once in a great while the fridge is a little loud. All are what I consider to be relatively minor complaints and probably common to all appliances at one point or another. I'm always a little shocked by the bad reviews Jenn-Air gets. That's not been my experience (and I certainly hope it stays that way).

• doc8404
    11 years ago

I had a JA dual-fuel slide-in range with downdraft.

I absolutely loathed it. The downdraft pulled the flame towards the vent and severely impacted the flame height and intensity.

I eventually disconnected the downdraft.

Oh, almost forgot - the circuit board was fried the first time I use the oven clean feature.

In my new kitchen a JennAir range wasn't in the running at all.

Doc

• wi-sailorgirl
    11 years ago

I guess in all fairness I should add that while we are redoing our cabinets we are installing an over-range venthood, partly because the downdraft doesn't work great (see Doc's complaints above), although I believe that is common to all downdrafts, but mostly because with a downdraft system you are so limited as to what you can buy (right now if we had to replace we'd have a choice of a JA or a Dacor) and I wanted to leave all our options open when it comes time to replace our appliances in the (hopefully far-off) future.

• Pattyjill
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes I have a Thermador downdraft now and have never liked it! Will never do a downdraft again!

• Pattyjill
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes I have a Thermador downdraft now and have never liked it! Will never do a downdraft again!

• Fori
    11 years ago

I installed JA gas cooktop and double ovens around...2003? They were good. I currently have a JA electric downdraft range of unknown vintage with the interchangeable burner elements. The convection oven is fabulous and has a really good range (very low to very high temp). he cooktop is as good as an electric cooktop can be. I haven't tried using the grill element. The downdraft works surprisingly well but it isn't ducted so it's a best-suction scenario. Straight into the crawl space. I don't use that unless I'm cooking habaneros.

I will not replace it with a downdraft. But I have never had problems with JA appliances.