Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jennair?? What is your feeling or experience?

Posted by Pattyjill (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 14:12

Looking for reviews on Jennair. I found a fantastic deal on it!

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jennair?? What is your feeling or experience?

I have the JennAir counter-depth french door fridge. It's about 1.5 years old. I love it and have no complaints. I emailed the company before I bought it and my model was made in the USA too (not all of them are).

o

I have the JennAir counter-depth french door fridge. It's about 1.5 years old. I love it and have no complaints. I emailed the company before I bought it and my model was made in the USA too (not all of them are).

o

We had a circa 2002 Jenn-Air counter depth side by side fridge that worked very well for the 8 years we had it before changing houses.

o

I have all Jenn-Air appliances, ranging in age from a 10-year old dual-fuel slide-in downdraft range, to the French door fridge and dishwasher, which are probably about 5 years old. I have no major complaints with any of them. The range is really loud on the convection setting (which is all I use), the downdraft doesn't work as well as I'd like and every once in a great while the fridge is a little loud. All are what I consider to be relatively minor complaints and probably common to all appliances at one point or another. I'm always a little shocked by the bad reviews Jenn-Air gets. That's not been my experience (and I certainly hope it stays that way).

o

I had a JA dual-fuel slide-in range with downdraft.

I absolutely loathed it. The downdraft pulled the flame towards the vent and severely impacted the flame height and intensity.

I eventually disconnected the downdraft.

Oh, almost forgot - the circuit board was fried the first time I use the oven clean feature.

In my new kitchen a JennAir range wasn't in the running at all.

Doc

o

I guess in all fairness I should add that while we are redoing our cabinets we are installing an over-range venthood, partly because the downdraft doesn't work great (see Doc's complaints above), although I believe that is common to all downdrafts, but mostly because with a downdraft system you are so limited as to what you can buy (right now if we had to replace we'd have a choice of a JA or a Dacor) and I wanted to leave all our options open when it comes time to replace our appliances in the (hopefully far-off) future.

o

Yes I have a Thermador downdraft now and have never liked it! Will never do a downdraft again!

o

Yes I have a Thermador downdraft now and have never liked it! Will never do a downdraft again!

o

I installed JA gas cooktop and double ovens around...2003? They were good. I currently have a JA electric downdraft range of unknown vintage with the interchangeable burner elements. The convection oven is fabulous and has a really good range (very low to very high temp). he cooktop is as good as an electric cooktop can be. I haven't tried using the grill element. The downdraft works surprisingly well but it isn't ducted so it's a best-suction scenario. Straight into the crawl space. I don't use that unless I'm cooking habaneros.

I will not replace it with a downdraft. But I have never had problems with JA appliances.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here