Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nysteve

ProLine Range Hoods

NYSteve
13 years ago

... or http://www.prolinerangehoods.com/

Any experience here? Prices seem good but I don't know much about their product.

Also wondering about the Cavaliere Euro hoods available at overstock.com.

Trying not to spend a fortune but looking for something that works well and is reasonably quiet.

Tx!

Comments (22)

• NYSteve
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Houseful - thanks. Was that the proline or the Cavaliere?

• houseful
    13 years ago

Oh, sorry. It is a Proline.

• NYSteve
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks... Eager to hear about hownit goes after the repair, Any other experiences with these?

• jdew1920
    13 years ago

I'm interested in these as well. I'm planning ongoing with with a proline. The reviews I've read online have been good, glad to see the customer service is good as well.

• houseful
    13 years ago

Steve,

Do you get the idea that Proline and Cavaliere are one in the same? I stumbled upon a Cavaliere that looks just like my Proline and the manuals are identical.

Still waiting for repair, BTW.

• summerbabies
    13 years ago

I bought a ProLine, but it's sitting in the living room. I bought it based on a very reasonable price for 1000 cfm, and the positive reviews. It LOOKS beautiful, but hopefully its beauty is more than skin-deep :-)

My experiences with CS and delivery were fantastic, though. The range hood was packed incredibly well. So I am very optimistic.

I also saw the Euro Cavaliere on overstock. But I went with the ProLine because there were virtually no reviews on the Cavaliere.

• houseful
    13 years ago

I am supposed to be getting a brand new hood instead. Parts are on backorder, so we'll see.

• shadco1
    13 years ago

The lights in mine are meek at best.

• texswindle_sbcglobal_net
    12 years ago

Looking for follow up input from NYSteve and Houseful regarding their satisfaction with ProLine. I am a little hesitant to deal with an online company versus a dealer. The product specs and cost have me very interested!

• houseful
    12 years ago

Well, I searched out this thread to give an update and I see your post, TxRose.

As I was heating up the frying pan to fry my chicken fingers, I cringed at the thought of no hood. I just sent another email to them and hopefully I will have some answers tomorrow. I'll post again as soon as I hear back.

• mom23girls
    12 years ago

We chose a BEST hood by Broan. This was the recommendation of a friend who did a lot of research. We are going with a Wolf range top and needed a hood with at least 900 CFMs.

• keith4717_charter_net
    12 years ago

Purchased a hood from Proline in late March.Rec'd w/in a week.It's a nice looking unit.Chimney was damaged and 4 holes in the support were double drilled.Asked for replacements and wanted the 2 pieces cut down.We're willing to pay for that.Said they'd have Fedex pick them up.Finally after a few phone calls, they send Fedex to pick items up.More time passed and FINALLY got the cut down SS chimney.We're still waiting for the cutdown support and still getting the runaround.We are so frustrated.This is an island hood and one Proline worker said the support with double drilled holes would be okay to use as is.Mind you, it must hold 60#, and we live near a train track.We're concerned that over time, the screws could loosen and possibly cause it to fall on our new stove.The unit weighs 60#.To which this person said, "It's no big deal.It will work okay even w/the double drilled holes." Sure--they don't have to live w/it.
    NOTE:If you buy from Proline, be sure you read EVERYTHING they have on their website.Which is A LOT! It's now the 3rd week in June and the hood is still sitting on our LR floor waiting for the cut down support that will make it fit our counter to ceiling space.
    Their CS folk keep saying, "I'm sorry." and that they are waiting to hear from persons in their Ohio facility.It seems to be a continual problem.I asked to speak (not the first time)to the owner and it seems he's always in China.
    Their hoods look nice, hopefully the quality is good, but their integrity is in question.Too bad those that answer their phones have to take all the flak from customers.They likely are trying, but it's hard trying to move dead meat. Sure hope they get paid REALLY well.

• Jenny65_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I got new replacement parts completely free and they have yet to be installed. The customer service was is awesome and they never hesitated to make things right. I also wonder now if all the dust from the renovation had something to do with the problem.

Here is a link that might be useful: range hoods

• NYSteve
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Since I started this thread, I thought I should chime in: we chose not to go with ProLine; instead, we went with Prestige insert in a wood "mantle style" hood wit a remote 1200CFM blower. I can't recall the numbers but in the end, the cost difference was small thanks to a connection I discovered with a local appliance store. Not installed and functional yet, so I can't give any feedback on that solution...

• mcousens
    9 years ago

We were very happy with the customer service at Proline Range hoods. I was wary of ordering it online, but it arrived promptly and undamaged. We had some difficulty with the circuit board and they replaced it free of charge even though we were out of the warranty period.

• sonny_h
    9 years ago

I just put in a proline hood. Bought online. Arrived promptly and installed easily. Customer service has been great so far. I am hoping it stays trouble free. Cant say much about the longevity since its only been installed for a week or so, but so far, it looks and works great! It was so much cheaper (50% of the cost) or equivalent hoods from other brands such as Wolf, VAH, etc.), that I figured even if its life is half that of an equivalent hood, it would still be worth it.

Attaching a picture and a link to the specific hood I bought

Here is a link that might be useful: Proline professional hood wall mounted

• agk2003
    9 years ago

any other recent expriences with proline? i'm looking at their 36" under cabinet professional series.

• fouramblues
    9 years ago

I have a 36" Proline, the PLJW108.36. I love the way it looks, it has enough CFMs for me, and it's not terribly loud unless it's on high (and then it is very loud). It shipped very quickly. I don't think I could recommend the company, though. When initially installed, our hood didn't work. A part had been installed with the wires reversed, and had burnt out. (DH diagnosed the problem, not Proline.) Proline promptly sent a new part, and DH installed it. It all sounds pretty uneventful, but the installation was very difficult because of the awkward position of the part, and if DH weren't an electrical engineer who can do electrical work (apparently not all can?), we would have had to pay an electrician to fix it.

• Lusi Cherneva
    8 years ago

You should take a look at www.KitchenHoods.ca , it is a Canadian company and now the US dollar is very strong ( 0.75 USD = 1CAD ). I have one of their hoods ( 2 years now ) and am very happy with it. The customer service was great as well. Also they have great reviews and big selection. Their brand name is Victory.

www.kitchenhoods.ca

• PRO
    ProHoods
    4 years ago

If it's helpful to anyone...

We know we are biassed but we have a 4.9 rating out of 1500 Google reviews you can read for yourself right here if it is helpful: https://www.prolinerangehoods.com/google-reviews

Our apologies for past issues it sounds like some of you have had!

We have had some issues in the past but we have made some significant changes in upper management, inventory, customer service, marketing, etc at the end of 2018.

Thanks for all your feedback in this thread. We have recorded it and passed it on to our new management.

If you ever want to visit with us, please call us 877.901.5530

• Todd Clifford
    3 years ago

Piece of crap, worked for 3 months, then died. STAY AWAY!