Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindee56

White appliances...white cabinets ok?

cindee56
11 years ago

Hi everyone. I want to do white or off white cabinets in our new home. I don't want stainless OR black appliances. Has anyone done white cabinets with white appliances?? Any photos would be wonderful:) thanks!!

Comments (10)

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

Ice1, your kitchen is beautiful. What are the cabinets?

• ice1
    11 years ago

They are glossy white. Dont know what the material realy is. We are in Iceland and they were shipped over from Lithuania and in real I don't care. They are 4 1/2 years old and have not chipped at all, we are empty nesters with 5 grandchildren so the house gets a lot of wear and tear.

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

I have all white appliances with white cabinets. I tried to find the best picture that showed them all. Dishwasher left of sink on left of picture. Stove straight on, microwave above stove. Fridge on right. I personally don't like when the appliances contrast the cabinets. It's definitely ok - especially if that's what you like!

• chiefy
    11 years ago

Deb52899 - How do you like your corner sink? Any regrets? How big is it and how big is the spacer cab between it and the DW? (I think I see a cab there)

I think that's the best option for my layout, but so many people are very anti-corner.

• phoggie
    11 years ago

Just something you might think about. I wanted white/white also, but when I tried to match the white cabinets to the appliances, it made them look discolored because the appliances were so stark. I changed my mind because I did not like that look.....so instead, went with pearl cabinets and SS appliances in my new build and love them......although the jury is still out on how easy they will be to maintain. It will be only me in the kitchen and I am older...no small children to worry about little hand prints....so resale purposes, I bit the bullet and went with SS.

• nini804
    11 years ago

I think white appliances look really good with painted cabinets, like grey or yellow...sometimes, but not always, it can be a bit too much white to mix white appliances with white cabs. Plus hard to match. I did have that in my old kitchen, though. I think the hardwood floors helped to "ground" it.

• ellendi
    11 years ago

Start googling white kitchens with white appliances, check Houzz etc. I think it can be fine. I have a friend who did it and her kitchen looks great.
    The trick is to have them either match or be different enough so that it looks like you are layering different whites.
    Why it is tricky is that you if not done right, your cabinets can look dingy.

• Gooster
    11 years ago

I did this is my prior remodel, 16 years ago. The cabinet finish, paint and caulk wear at different (faster) rates than the metal and paints used on the appliances. Thus, mixing similar shades of white at the initial start was no problem. But today, you can see the age differences. Also today, two of six original appliances have been replaced, and the difference here is even more stark.

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

Chiefy - I love my corner sink. I had one in my prior kitchen too. I love looking out the windows while I'm standing at the sink. In the prior house, I reconfigured the kitchen and made it a corner sink. When we walked into this house, it was one of the things that helped know the house was "the one." The cabinet between the sink and dishwasher is 15". It's plenty of room so the sink cabinet door doesn't come into contact with the dishwasher door and vice versa. The sink is a Blanco equal double bowl silgranit. I'm not sure the size, but here's the link: http://www.blancoamerica.com/c3/blanco_usa/_www/en/pub/products/product_portfolio/portfolio_catalog_sinks.cfm?fuseaction=c.articledetail&strukturid=1268778299944&artikelnummer=440185. It says minimum 36" cabinet. My sink base cabinet is either 42 or 48 (I can't read the number on the layout).

Sorry - I just found the dimensions of the sink. 32x19.25".

This post was edited by deb52899 on Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 8:35

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH