Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hobokenkitchen

Do you like this grout with this tile??

hobokenkitchen
11 years ago

Trying to finally get on top of our master bathroom which has been gutted for the past 9 months.

Need to pick a grout. This is the one Artistic Tile is recommending and I think I like it, but don't want to mess this up!!

I guess we want to use the same grout for the glass as for the rest? I think it works well for the rest of the bathroom, but does it work with this glass?
The grout is called warm grey - do you think it works??

Thanks!!

Comments (20)

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

I would definitely want the same grout throughout the bathroom and I'm sure the tile store knows better then me. HOWEVER... that grout reads a little pink on my monitor. Almost the exact color of whatever it is that you have the tile laying on to take the pic. My computer is getting old in tech years though.

• michelle16
    11 years ago

Looks alittle too pinkish/beigy, maybe more whitish/gray would be better.

• herbflavor
    11 years ago

I like that-it gives it almost a little retro vibe. Anything with a little more khaki? wouldn't go too gray-too angry looking/keep some brown in the formula.

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

Agree with others. It reads as too pink. Needs more yellow and grey. Herbflavor's khaki nails it.

Do notice that the tiles themselves look a different color on the right of your image than at the back. Is that because the translucent/transparent tiles have a different ground color under them on the right? Be sure when the tiles are applied that you OK the stuff they use to stick 'em up. Translucent glass tiles can change dramatically with different colors behind them.

• Bunny
    11 years ago

Isn't the pink the background showing through the gaps between the tiles? If not, it's not a good grout color.

• xc60
    11 years ago

I had that tile or similar (but more rectanglar) on my kitchen backsplash, it was a hard to match a grout to that tile. I ended up taking my wall paint that was an identical match for the tile and painting all the grout lines. It was a temporary solution as we ended up ripping it all out a couple of months later, but it looked great.

• herbflavor
    11 years ago

I think in a bath you don't have to nail a certain look so much. a little mischief with grout that's a little different color isn't like the kitchen where you want it just so.I'm lovin that color-pastel towels/embroidered bath mat-oh fun.

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the comments!!

I think maybe the light is turning it pink because I don't see pink when it's in natural light. I took another pic with the light off. Does it look any different to anyone else in this pic?

Install is in progress. I can't see how it looks as we have no light in the bathroom yet and I got home after dark. I'll see how it's looking tomorrow.

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Doesn't look pinkish in that last picture. Looks good to me. Interested to see what else you're doing in that bath. Have you posted other threads?

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

There's this one:

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous thread

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Since that thread I have ordered THREE vanities... only to find they were all back ordered.

Vanity number 3 was ordered on Wednesday and is apparently on its way. Gulp.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Looking good Hobokenkitchen! More pix please...

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oldbat2be - ungrouted bathroom floor.

This post was edited by hobokenkitchen on Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 19:09

• eam44
    11 years ago

Starglass Irridescent Urethane grout in Opal (610) might look best with the tile once it is installed, although Aventurine (622) or Amber (621) look closer in color to the tile as it shows in the images you posted.

{{!gwi}}
    Aventurine
    {{!gwi}}
    Amber
    {{!gwi}}

This post was edited by EAM44 on Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 19:54

• eam44
    11 years ago

Oh, and I do like the grout color you picked. It's just that the Starglass grout was made to illuminate glass tile. The effect is very pretty - not at all glittery - in real life. And it is a no-maintenance, eco friendly grout.

Keep in mind that your installer will be mounting the tile onto white mortar, not tinted grout, so your tile color will look paler, and you should choose the grout accordingly. So if you want the grout and tile to be the same color, you may have to go a bit lighter.

This post was edited by EAM44 on Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 19:51

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ah, a curve ball! : )

Could we use the Starglass grout with the glass squares and glass subways and the warm grey with the porcelain? Or would that look odd?

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

I do love your floor choices! Thanks for posting, looking forward to seeing more pictures as you get closer to completion. Speaking of which, what progress with your kitchen backsplash?!!

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Backsplash is ordered and apparently being shipped from Spain by row boat (it's taking forever!).
    ETA is end of Feb 'hopefully'.

Cannot wait for this bathroom to be done - it's such a relief to even have walls around the bathroom which we've not had in 8 or 9 months. I had almost given up on the whole master bedroom suite. Now there's light at the end of the tunnel.

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Hoboken you have had a very difficult time with your remodel. The end is near. Hang in there - the rowers are working OT to get your tile to the U.S. My problem is getting a tile setter to show up! Keep the pictures coming!

• eam44
    11 years ago

Absolutely. Each grout will look perfect with its mate.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County