Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me choose an air gap to match my faucets

Posted by kaysd (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 13:59

I am going a little nuts over the small details at this point. I live in CA, where an air gap is mandatory. I know I could just remove the air gap after inspection and pop in a soap dispenser, but with some of the plumbing issues we've had, I'm not sure I want to mess with it.

We have a large single bowl sink. Brizo Solna faucet will be in the center and Waterstone filtration faucet will be toward right corner, with an air switch button in between. The air gap and Elkay soap dispenser will be to the left of the main faucet. All fixtures are polished chrome.

Which of the 3 air gap options do you think will look best with my faucets and soap dispenser? Also, any recommendations for a sleek air gap switch?

Brizo Solna

Waterstone Parche filtration faucet (base is 2 13/16" h x 1 3/8" diameter)

Elkay Gourmet soap dispenser (3 1/8" h x 2" diam at base and 1 1/8" diam at top)

Westbrass air gap (2 3/4" h x 1 3/4" diam). Very simple shape, has a round disk at bottom like faucets.

Waterstone air gap (2 5/8" h x 2" diam). A little fancier and more expensive.

Blanco air gap (2 1/4" h x 2 1/8" diam) Has the round disk at the bottom, but with a fancier shape.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me choose an air gap to match my faucets

Sorry you're stuck with an air gap. I love my Elkay Gourmet soap dispensers and think option A (Westbrass) looks best.

o

Yeah, I'm not excited about the air gap, but DH would never let me hear the end of it if we had a preventable incident because I didn't like how the air gap looked.

o

I like A as well. If you have hard water, like I do (L.A.), the rings on C would get gunky. They might get gunky anyway-in general I am a fan of less crevices to clean.

Gorgeous faucets!

o

Thanks, Drybean. I can't wait to have my sink and faucets installed. Counter templating is Monday, so it will be a few more weeks.

As a bonus, the Westbrass air gap is the cheapest of the 3.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here