Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arlosmom

Walk-in pantry finally finished...and FULL!!!

arlosmom
13 years ago

I posted pictures of my just completed walk-in pantry a little over a week ago, but had to wait for the paint to cure on the shelves before loading. So, for all of you other TKOs out there, here it is!!!:

DH installed a dimmer on the light for me.

We put the old window shade back up...should I lose the tassels?

My step stool fits perfectly in the space next to the little buffet.

I'm happy as a clam. I'm keeping my eyes open for a sweet little landscape painting for the half-wall (the soffit with the HVAC ducts). So far, I'm really loving my can shelves. They hold a ton and are just deep enough so that it doesn't feel like anything will get knocked off.

Thanks for looking!!

Comments (42)

• brianadarnell
    13 years ago

Arlosmom,

This is one AWESOME pantry!!! It looks great. I am in the midst of designing my new pantry. I am wondering if you could mind adding some details about the depth of shelves and spacing between shelves?

you are so lucky. If I were you, I would hang out in there :)

• remodelfla
    13 years ago

Simply put... that is so HOT!

• kitchendetective
    13 years ago

How lovely! And the door to it is wonderful, too.

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

I've been waiting for you to post your filled pantry! It makes me my heart skip a beat it's so beautiful! Personally, I love the little tassels. :) You even have empty shelves--I dream of extra pantry space! Even your pantry door is lovely! I also like the dog bone with hooks you keep your leashes on.

I agree with brianadarnell, I could hide in your pantry with a glass of wine and good book (or kitchen/cooking magazine) and be perfectly content!

• cjc123
    13 years ago

E N V Y!!! Love it!! I vote to leave the tassles they make it soft looking. You must be SO happy, It will be clipped and saved and bookmarked a thousand times by folks on this site! Job very well done!
    Cindy

PS be sure to use a short nail on the HVAC wall so you don't hit the tubing '-o

• pirula
    13 years ago

Awesome. You should be happy as a clam!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    13 years ago

It looks great. Another vote to keep the tassels. I wish, wish, wish I had room for a pantry like yours. :)

• Fori
    13 years ago

That's very nice. And don't you DARE remove those tassels! :)

• rhome410
    13 years ago

If you can't have tassels in the pantry, where can you have them?! ;-) I like to have fun things like that that might not be 'me' for most situations, but are OK here and there.

WONderful. It looks great.

Please post the pics to the pantry thread in the gallery. It's a great resource for those designing a pantry to see all the possibilities.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pantry photos in the gallery section of the kitchen forum

• mtnrdredux_gw
    13 years ago

What a nice design! And I love the marble top table. Yes, I would lose the tassels. In fact I might find something fun for there like vintage tea towels or somesuch.

• prill
    13 years ago

The tassels are wonderful and so is the whole pantry. ENVY is right. So perfect and organized. You'll always be able to find everything.

• craftlady07
    13 years ago

I'd die to have a pantry like that. simply die.

Great job! :)

• cienza
    13 years ago

oooh - I want one too!!!! You must be so happy!

• adel97
    13 years ago

Looks even better full! And your marble is delicious!
    (I think the tassels will look great next to your sweet little landscape... I could also see a small oil stilllife of food objects to keep with the pantry theme...)

• rexroat
    13 years ago

It's beautiful!
    And I vote for leaving the tassels as well!

Would you mind sharing the rough dimensions of the space?
    Thanks! rexroat

• Adrienne2011
    13 years ago

I like those cute little tassels! That looks so nice and tidy.

• marthavila
    13 years ago

Although I loved it naked, I am slobbering silly now that it's stocked! Wowee, Arlosmom. I must find a way to copy some of this into my teeny little closet. What an inspiration. And, by all means, keep the tassels!

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love your beautiful pantry
    filled will all the goodies.
    The paint color is just perfect with the soft white shelves.
    Where is the CHOCOLATE?????????
    Wait, I think is see the mint chocolate cookies in a green box. Are they Girl Scout cookies?
    ~boxer

• desertsteph
    13 years ago

awesome! you didn't wait a month? lol!

the tassels belong there! but that light fixture looks out of place in there (cough...cough...).

• User
    13 years ago

Am I the ONLY one that wants to know what is in all the great jars !! ?? I love it...you have a treasure in the marble . The window with the tasseled shade is just sweet. I can hardly wait to see the further decorating that you do. What a special place you have created. c

• arlosmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK, so the tassels stay for now.

The carpenter that built my shelves is here today putting shelves in an upstairs closet for me, and he came down to visit the pantry and see it filled. I think he's proud of his masterpiece. cjc123, I reminded the carpenter MANY times about not nailing into the ducting...now watch me puncture it when I hang a picture. LOL

The door to the pantry was one of a pair of pocket doors we bought at an architectural salvage store when we did our addition. Its mate is the door to our powder room, right across the little back hall. We love the patina of the old stuff.

rhome, thanks for the reminder to add photos to the pantry thread. I spent several sessions pouring over that thread, so I'd love to add something helpful.

briannadarnell, the can shelves are 4 1/2" deep, and the back shelves are 12" deep. From the ceiling, the top shelf is down 12", the two upper shelves have 11 1/2", the shelf with the toaster oven has 12 1/2", and the two shelves above and the two shelves below the toaster oven have 10 1/2" each. From the floor to the bottom shelf is 13".

rexroat, the space is 5' by 5' with a 12" by 2 1/2' vertical soffit in the corner for the HVAC ducting.

boxerpups, here's the official guide to the chocolate: the tin lunchbox two shelves above the toaster oven contains approximately 7 pounds of m&ms and hershey's kisses. Yes, those are 2 boxes of thin mints you see. Also, the glass jar just below the toaster oven has the Costco-sized bag of Nestle's morsels. I feel strongly that one should never risk insufficient chocolate.

• arlosmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

trailrunner, most of those glass jars were a wonderful free find. Our neighborhood had "trash to treasure day" a couple of years ago and someone put out a box of maybe 20 old blue mason jars with zinc lids. SNAG! I have some more of them in my sewing room with various stuff. In the pantry, the smaller jars have nuts, rice, pastas, granola, and grains (stuff like bulger and barley that pantry moths love). The big jars have brown sugar, coconut and chocolate (all the ingredients that mice love). My goal is no critters in the new pantry!

• pinch_me
    13 years ago

Better late than never but I made it! Another vote to keep the tassels. I wish I had room for a pantry. The antique wardrobe works and holds an astonishing amount of stuff but a real pantry would be so wonderful. (I had one back in 1965- when I didn't appreciate it.)

• cluelessincolorado
    13 years ago

Love, wait, LOVE your pantry! How about this for a painting?

Here is a link that might be useful: Painting

• cjc123
    13 years ago

arlosmom,
    During all the work done in my house last summer I found out I missed putting a nail through the 'vent' line twice! OMG!! 3 months after we moved into this house there was a leak on our kitchen floor, we couldn't figure it out. LONG story short,(with the help of a dental mirror, flashlights, and multiple holes (5) from the second floor to the first we found that the finish carpenter nailed a 3 inch (yes 3 inch) nail through the baseboard trim into the PVC pipe drain pipe from the second story! It decided to rusted enough to spring a leak after WE bought the house! LOL/cry.... During the remodel I put little pencil marks along the baseboard were I need to be careful(only I know they are there) so I don't do the same thing while hanging something!

• User
    13 years ago

Oh arlosmom....you and me and patina...I love that door...and of course anything with wavy glass and uneven lines. I don't know what plumb is !

You really struck gold with the jars...lucky girl.

All my nuts and grains etc are in the freezer. This is the South and rancid is the word for anything that is not kept chilled/frozen. I'll just look at your pretties in the gallery when I need a fix. Thank you...I love looking at your home. c

• niffy
    13 years ago

may I borrow some ketchup, please? ;)

You have MAD organizational skills. I'm totally impressed with the design and execution!

• plllog
    13 years ago

Fab!!! Keep the tassels. They go with the dresser. :)

• elizpiz
    13 years ago

That - is a thing of beauty! And of course the tassels must stay :-)

Must feel great to get this done.

Eliz

• kathec
    13 years ago

Really beautiful.

Show it again in 6 months after some "real" living LOL!

Just kidding!

You should give yourself a well deserved pat on the back. Job well done!!

Kathe

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

gulp! I feel like a voyeur...but thanks for posting...takes courage, arlosmom...

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Great to see it all loaded. It looks settled to me now. Please add these to the pantry thread as I will be studying it madly soon. Lovin the tassels!

• littlesmokie
    13 years ago

Be still my heart, look at all that storage. I already covet your kitchen and now your pantry too. Enjoy!

• missstella
    13 years ago

In my house, if chocolate can't be found we call it a "Chocolate Crisis". We buy lots (and I mean last all year "lots")of Chocolate Mint cookies and keep them in the freezer. They are great in the summer when it's 95 in the shade. The Girl Scouts love me...

Love the pantry. Can't wait to get mine finished.

• marmoreus
    13 years ago

That is fabulous! Love your door, marble and mason jars. Now please come help me organize my pantry--it's scary!

• shelayne
    13 years ago

Oh my goodness. I can only dream of having a pantry--especially one that wonderful! And why wouldn't it be wonderful with that INCREDIBLE kitchen of yours!

It looks FAB (and WITH the tassels)! ;^)

• regina_phalange
    13 years ago

:::drool:::

• oldhouse1
    13 years ago

Talk about pantry envy. That is one awesome pantry. I love it. It's so bright, cheerful and well organized. I love the marble and I love your butcher block on the left. You are one lucky girl. By the way I would also leave the tassles. It adds an unexpected elegance.

• aliris19
    13 years ago

Beauteous!

What are the dimensions of your space? It looks absolutely fantastic.

• timber.j
    13 years ago

That is a beautiful pantry!!!! I have serious envy; a pantry just did not fit when we remodeled. Not sad to lose the pathetic excuse for a pantry that the old kitchen had-the shelves were like black holes where stuff went to disappear forever. Your shallow shelves are great; big enough to be useful, and no need to shuffle anything around to get what you need.

Keep the tassles!

Have fun searching for just the right painting for your sweet pantry! I was looking at kitchen art for our new kitchen, and my oldest son told me he had the perfect picture for me. He dug around in his bin of saved school work and found a great little picture he painted in elementary school-an abstract picture that he named "Rooster By the Barn". The colors couldn't have been more perfect for my new kitchen!

I hope you find a treasure that makes you smile every time you see it (although your pantry turned out so well, I'm sure you already do!).

• arlosmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all those happy comments. I'm definitely having fun with the space. There's a good chance it will stay pretty organized because I'm the one that unloads the groceries and cooks.

aliris, the pantry is 5' by 5', with a 1' by 2 1/2' vertical soffit in the back corner. Ceiling is 9'3"

• jenswrens
    13 years ago

I have serious serious Pantry Envy!!! :-)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional