Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granite Counter colors help

Posted by Rob5ham (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 13:50

Hello, I've enjoyed reading/spying on all the wonderful stories and great suggestions. I need some designer help. We are doing a reboot of our counters---long story.
But we are putting in Blue Pearl Royale on the perimeter with full backsplash. It's beautiful, but dark. We have a good size island w/ overhang (52x78) that we had planned to do in the same granite, but now we are thinking of doing either a White Eyes or Vanilla Sky granite--basically not too busy with lots of the blue/silver veins that match perfectly with blue pearl along with some small red spots. It feels like it might warm up the blue pearl a bit. I'm worried there might be too much going on. Our appliances are black & stainless; cabinets were painted blue with farm red underneath(in the paint) also painted farm red accents in wine caddy & toe kick . We also have a neutral brick stovetop alcove with NO IDEA what to do with the backsplash there. The blue pearl was too much there.
Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granite Counter colors help

We paired Blue Pearl (Island) with Bianco Romano (perimeter). Your other choices seem close to Bianco Romano. The samples I had during construction seemed to go really great together, but in the kitchen they clash...big time! Maybe it's the light, maybe it's the color of the cabinets. ??? I absolutely hate the two together and wish I had used only the Bianco Romano. So now we are taking out the Blue Pearl and will either get a quartz (maybe Caesarstone Haze) or wood to replace it. I don't mean to sound like a pessimist, just want to caution you to make sure your slabs work together. I thought mine did, but I was wrong.

o

Joyce,
Thanks for the good advice & heads up. I wonder if your Bianco Romano had a lot of warmth to it (cream)? We looked at the two choices and some slabs were quite a bit more yellow than others. The White Eyes is just barely off white. I think the closer to a true white background is the only way it's going to work together. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

o

What about Spring White or White Neutral. The pic is of White Neutral.

o

You make a valid point about the tone of the Bianco Romano. That is only part of the issue I think. It's like the warmness of the Bianco Romano is clashing with the coolness of the blue pearl. I believe you are spot on about getting a true white with cool undertones.

o

I recently installed bianco antico and I love it but it may not suite your colors

o

I think your kitchen sounds lovely- I love the desciption of the blue cabinets with farm red undertone. I think another granite at all would be too busy for me. I would probably look at a very light silvery gray quartz.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here