Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
21 inch sink

Posted by Marion13 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 13:49

My cabinet guy wants me to do a 21 inch undermount sink and I think its to small. Does anyone agree or disagree. I can't do a 30 inch sink. What is the size after 21 inch?
sammad2@aol.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 21 inch sink

Hi Marion,

I would say 21" is way too small. What is the size of the cabinet that the sink is going into?

o

there are sinks that hover around 24 in that can go in a 27 in sink base. Try the websites for julien/franke/blanco-they'll show you the dimensions.

o

Or, you can go to AJ Madison's website. You can filter by a certain range of widths. Or, you can follow the link I give you below, which lists all of their sinks in order of width. So the widest come first, all the way to their narrowest.

Here is a link that might be useful: All sinks, listed from widest to narrowest

o

My new sink is 28 inches and it seems huge to me compared to my old double-bowl sink. I love the way it looks, but I sometimes think a smaller sink would have been more practical, especially if I ever actually filled it with water ... I don't. Instead, I use a utility bowl accessory that fits over the granite for washing dishes, then rinse them on the opposite side. Could I get by with a smaller sink? Definitely. I can't imagine why I'd ever need a sink bowl this big because anything that large would probably be washed in the laundry sink.

o

21 Inches would definately be too small for me. I need room for my messes!!

I have a 30 inch sink base cabinet and was really upset when I thought at first that it would only fit up to a 24 inch sink. Thankfully I went to a plumbing showroom and they intorduced me to the beautiful new 28 inch Frake, grande model. It's a 28 inch rectangular single bowl which will suit me perfectly! In the showroom, it looked PLENTY large. I got the Danze Opulance faucet, which looks beautiful with it!

o

I have a 21" undermount ss Elkay and it is not way too small. It fits my cookie sheets flat on the bottom. I don't store dirty dishes in the sink - they go directly into the dishwasher (dishdrawers).

I previously had a 21" drop in ss. The undermount "feels" smaller, maybe because I am avoiding the edges to avoid chipping the granite edge and for that reason if I were to do it again (and I am not), I would get the 23" which I believe is made by Kindred. But again, the 21" is functional. My sink base is a custom size less than 27" - maybe 26 1/2" and the wider sink would have fit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here