Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photos of the new beadboard kitchen & pantry

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 20, 11 at 13:44

These are the best pics I could get of the room. I love the pantry, almost hate to paint the walls! Thanks to all on this forum and the HD forum too for all the helpful tips and encouragement, and for the photos of your BB kitchens you shared, so I could realize what I have been dreaming of for years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photos of the new beadboard kitchen & pantry

Awesome!!!

o

Oh, Schoolhouse...it's beautiful! How wonderful to realize your dreams...and finally get the kitchen you've always wanted :)

As always, I love your stove. I'm so excited for you and look forward to seeing more pictures, after you paint!

o

I am psyched for you!
Have you seen aokat's beadboard ceilings? They were done with a white semi gloss (I believe) and is simply stunning. I can't remember if that was posted here or the home decorating forum.

I will be watching for your final reveal. What color/s are you thinking for it all?

o

I don't remember whose kitchen it was, but I saved his/her photos (sorry if I was wrong to snitch them!). This person had a big kitchen with white beadboard on walls and ceiling with a schoolhouse type light fixture only it had a green base with white globe. There were vintage cupboards, green like mine, and you could see through to a dining room or sun porch I believe. Anyhow, their photos confirmed what I hoped BB on both walls and ceiling would look like, and I should them to my contractor.

My walls and all trim including crown molding and baseboard will be creamy white/nearly yellow, ceilings a very pale blue.

I bought my light fixture six or seven years ago with my SO when he was still living. It's a florescent light, something I did not want, but Mike convinced me it could be changed out to incandescent; so I bought it(?). When electrician asked to see the light I explained the situation and together we looked at it and in the box was the bulb. Turns out it is a yellow florescent, that is, gives off light similar to incandescent. BUT, I wanted a dimmer light switch installed which he did earlier. He looked at me and said, "Well, you do know you can't dim a florescent". Duh...no, it never crossed my mind. After thinking about it overnight I decided to switch out the bulb so that the lamp can be dimmed. We shall see.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here