Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaky faucet on soapstone

Posted by jill_h (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 13:40

I have a Kohler Forte kitchen faucet that leaks around the handle. Have had the "cartridge" inside replaced once, but it started leaking again almost immediately. From what I've read online, apparently there is another "cartridge" deep inside that needs replacing but it would require removal of the entire faucet from the soapstone.

How is that done and will it ruin my soapstone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaky faucet on soapstone

I can't think why it would affect your counter at all. Just go under the counter, behind the sink and disassemble/remove it as you would if you were replacing the faucet. And, um, turn off the water first.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to remove a faucet

o
RE: Leaky faucet on soapstone

Thank you. Well, that makes sense!! I was afraid they would have to cut off the faucet on top of the soapstone. Guess I wasn't thinking too "handy" (which is why i came here!).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here