Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sail_away

Ruvati Sinks

sail_away
11 years ago

Our long awaited refresh of our kitchen is finally getting close. We've been saving for this for a long time and need to watch our budget carefully.

Therefore, I considered accepting the free SS sink (ESI) offered by our granite fabricator and even posted here asking if anyone knew about ESI sinks. No one did.

Considering how much I use a sink, I've decided it's important that I consider this decision carefully. So I am now thinking about getting the Ruvati RVH7300---it's a tight radius (but not zero-radius), 16-gauge, 30x18-inch SS sink. I've read a few positive comments here, but not much. I also found a couple positive reviews on Overstock.com and one on Amazon (for the 32" sink).

I had originally planned to buy a Ticor from Galaxy, but that's no longer an option. I was considering the Kraus sink, but it is $370, versus $302 for the Ruvati. Both are made in China.

I've read a few comments about the Ruvati, but would be interested if anyone else has an opinion. I'd love to hear from those who have had a Ruvati sink installed (maybe even photos). If possible, I'd like to see a photo of the sink showing the logo on the inside back of the sink. Sometimes, if the logo is too obvious it bothers me. Of course, given the tight budget, as long as it's a decent quality, I can put up with a logo, as long as it isn't over-the-top.

Here are a couple links---the first to Ruvati's website and description of the sink and the second a short video showing the sink I'm interested in.

http://www.ruvati.com/product-p/rvh7300.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7amAmWo5yA4

Comments (45)

• swhtech
    11 years ago

I actually just received a Ruvati RVM4600 34" double bowl sink from overstock.com. It's still in the box as it won't be installed for a couple of months. It looks really nice, heavy duty, seems like it will do the job. The stainless is a nice brushed look....not shiny. If you want, I can take a picture of the logo tonight and post it for you. I don't remember it being very prominent.

• sail_away
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ooh--I'm so excited to hear that. If it's not too much trouble, I would love to see a photo of the logo. Since it sounds like it's a solid sink choice, the logo would have to be really grotesque, though, to dissuade me, and I'm pretty confident that won't be the case.

• swhtech
    11 years ago

Sorry for the delay in getting these pics posted...hope this helps!

• swhtech
    11 years ago

here's a second closer up pic

• dennisforman
    11 years ago

@swhtech. Thanks for the close-up images of your sink. I have the RVH7300. Bought it a few months ago and I love it. The logo on my RVH7300 is a little different from your one. I had contacted Ruvati before buying my sink and they told me the RVMs have a black stamp logo while the RVH sinks have an etched logo where the logo is cut into the stainless steel. The logo is not very obvious when you are looking at the sink from a distance. Its visible when you look closely. I will try to take a close-up shot of my sink. In the meantime I was able to find this one from the Ruvati website. Its of a different model sink, but the logo on my RVH7300 is just like this one. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: RVH7300

• sail_away
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks to both of you for the photos. I went ahead and ordered the RVH7300 and it's been shipped. I am so grateful to have a recommendation to point me in the right direction for my kitchen sink. We'll see if the logo in my sink is stamped or etched---if the information Dennis was given is correct, it will be the etched.

Dennis, Do you find the corners of the RVH7300 not too hard to clean? I really like the looks of the tight radius sink, but I hope it won't be a hassle to keep clean.

• dennisforman
    11 years ago

The tight radius (where the corners are rounded) is actually easier to keep clean. That's why I went with the RVH7300. But the Ruvati is not as rounded as the Kraus models, so I think it looks better. Kraus has a 0.75" inside radius, whereas the Ruvati corners are 0.6" radius.

Zero radius, where the corners are at sharp angles may be a little harder to keep clean, but they look more modern.

• rkb21
    11 years ago

Hi. Not sure if anyone is still subscribed to this thread, but I was wondering if any of you had any issues with the Ruvati sinks. The price is just incredible...wondering if there's a catch :)

• live_wire_oak
    11 years ago

The catch? Chinese made of course.

• sail_away
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I can't give my opinion yet, as the sink is now with the fabricators, due to be installed with the countertops in a little over a week. I can say that, out of the box, it is beautiful. The fabricator did comment on the weight being more than usual, which I would think would be good (said he'd do extra reinforcing). I am so looking forward to an undermount instead of overmount sink, SS instead of cast iron, and a single sink instead of double sink that this sink will have to be poor, indeed, for me not to be happy with it. It appears to be good quality to me, but the true test will be after I've been using it for a while.

Yes, it is made in China, as are Ticor sinks and Kraus sinks, I believe. My budget dictated something in that price range, so made in China it is for me.

• rkb21
    11 years ago

Live_wire_oak: thanks! So, what's your favorite SS 16 gauge double bowl sink manufacturer? Appreciate any help :)

• rkb21
    11 years ago

Sail-away: I think we cross posted. I look forward to hearing about your experience with the sink. I was looking at kraus as well. Best of luck on the install!!!

• Peke
    11 years ago

I bought the RVH 8300 with grid, strainer, colander, and cutting board. It is a beautiful sink. The soundproofing is great too. It is very heavy. It even came in a fabric bag and was well packed. I do not remember if mine had Ruvati on it or not. We packed it back up. Great price when I ordered it.

Picture is upside down. Drain is in the back so front of the sink is the back of the picture.

Peke

• Doba
    10 years ago

Can anyone tell me how you like your new Ruvati sinks? Thanks.

• Doba
    10 years ago

I should have asked how the water is draining and how the finish is holding up.

• sail_away
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm happy with mine. I will say that, after many years without a SS sink, I was a bit dismayed by the water spotting--I guess I forgot about that. However, a quick scrubbing and drying afterward makes it look all shiny and pretty again -- until someone splashes water once more, LOL. Even so, I told DH the sink is one of my favorite things about our kitchen redo. The main reason is probably that I love having a big single sink, rather than the divided sink I had before. (But that is the subject of another post and a preference that at least half of the people here would totally disagree with.)

I will add that I have become a convert to the grid on the bottom of the sink. Even though my sink came with one, I told DH I wouldn't be using it. However, I then decided to just try it out and discovered I love it.

• Doba
    10 years ago

Thanks for your response. Very helpful. I have to order my sink this week and have been comparing the new Blanco Quatrus with the Ruvati. I only saw one review so far for the Quatrus online. That could be good or bad I suppose. I bake a lot and have a lot of cookie sheets, so the big sink would work better for me. I had never heard of Ruvati until yesterday and now it is a big contender for me. It looks really nice. I just read a review, although very posistive, for the Ruvati, but the person said it can scratch easily, so not to use abrasive sponges. Do you find that to be the case? Also, do you find that it drains well or does water pool a bit? That seems to be an issue that I have read about with some of the larger SS sinks.

• geansmarie
    10 years ago

It has been a little time since the last posts and wondered if people are happy with the Ruvati sinks they installed? I am looking at the RVH8300.

Does anyone know if it will work with a garbage disposal?
    Thanks!

• sail_away
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'll try to answer the questions, based on my experience. First, I should say that we were on a very tight budget and I almost accepted the free sink with the granite, but thankfully thought better of it and ordered the Ruvati, which is MUCH better. However, I did not shop around and look at more expensive options, because of our budget. So I cannot comment on how Ruvati would compare with those.

Yes, I do think the sink scratches easily. But I guess I thought that was a feature of most SS sinks. In fact, I put a couple small scratches in the bottom of my sink from the hard plastic feet of my electric skillet, when I was scrubbing out the skillet quite vigorously. It didn't occur to me that the feet might scratch the sink. That is what led me to put in the grid to see how I liked it, and I LOVE having the grid in the bottom of the sink. i think it looks good, too. [Edited to add: I haven't had any scratches on the side of the sink, but I wouldn't expect to, either.]

I have not noticed any probelms with drainage. I have the sink with the drain in the center back of the sink, and it seems to drain normally.

We installed a garbage disposer in our drain and have had no problems.

This post was edited by sail-away on Thu, May 16, 13 at 17:22

• Doba
    10 years ago

I bought the Ruvati today. Looking forward to geting it. From what I can tell, it is the same as the Kraus, but with a satin finish.

• Mrs_Nyefnyef
    10 years ago

All stainless steel sinks scratch. You could spend $100 or $1000, and it will scratch. So if scratches are making you hesitate, then don't buy a stainless steel sink at all. The way stainless sinks are differentiated from brand to brand are the gauge (the lower the number, the thicker the gauge), and the configuration/shapes/sizes each brand offers.

• sail_away
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Doba, I hope you are as happy with your Ruvati sink as I am with mine. Let us know what you think of it after you get it and/or it's installed. Which model did you buy?

This post was edited by sail-away on Fri, May 17, 13 at 23:08

• achari
    10 years ago

I just ordered my Ruvati RVH8300 today. We have a Hansgrohe, Allegro E, Kitchen Faucet from CostCo with steel optic finish. http://www.costco.com/Hansgrohe%2c-Allegro-E%2c-Kitchen-Faucet.product.11710216.html
    Will it match the sink? Could you tell me which faucet do you have? Do you also have a matching soap dispenser?
    Thanks for the great posts. They helped me choose this sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: faucet at CostCo

• dawnatlanta
    10 years ago

In photos of the Ruvati, it appears the cutting board is not very thick and thus not flush with the counter tops. It looks like it would be a bit awkward to chop with the overhang of the sink. It looks beautiful, though, and the price is great! Maybe I could have a thicker cutting board made for it? Do you think the ledges would still hold it up? Thanks in advance!

• Peke
    10 years ago

I have used my Ruvati RVH8300 for a couple of months now. Yes, it scratches, but all SS products do. I use the grid, but the silverware can fall through the grid and scratch the sink. I haven't used the colander yet because I keep forgetting I have it. I forgot to clean the grid once and it looked rather slimy when I did remember to clean it. So not only do you have to clean the sink, now you have a grid to clean. Still, I would not trade it. Peke

• mags123
    10 years ago

I just received my ruvati ss sink and I am disappointed with the soundproofing. There isn't padding on the sides, just on the bottom. I exchanged it for a Kraus sink because of the size but the Kraus had pads on all side plus the bottom. There is a tin sound in the Ruvati. I'm worried it may be too noisy once installed. Can anyone give me some advice before it's installed. We need to have the granite cut soon.
    Thanks

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    10 years ago

It seems to me that adding some soundproofing to a sink wouldn't be hard. Anything that you could attach to deaden vibration should do it. It should be something moisture resistant, though, so don't use cardboard. Pieces of rubber or cheap silicon mat, for example. Or maybe even some of the low expansion spray-into-cracks insulation (used very conservatively, it can really get away from you). Do you have a hot glue gun?

You could actually email Ruvati and tell them that you are particular about noise, and ask what would they suggest for additional sound deadening.

• tammiepatton70
    8 years ago

I know this thread is an older thread, but I just had my ruvati sink and faucet installed and while it is beautiful and I love it.

I have an issue and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem? The back of the sink flexes when you pull down on the faucet. I called ruvati and they said it was not installed properly. I have called in two different plumbers who say no there is not enough clips in the back. Ruvati representative then said we were not using the correct adhesive in the back to seal the sink it must be an epoxy not silicone??? Hmmmm.... I don't think any adhesive is going to match the weight of the heavy faucet, but I would think if it was a 16 gauge sink it would. ?? Any opinions or options would help. I have included a photo of the gap between the quartz and the back if the sink. No adhesive in place yet.

• sandybwalker
    8 years ago

Anyone have a easy solution to cleaning the racks in the sink? Can you put them in the dishwasher if they have the rubber feet?

• PRO
    just homes
    8 years ago

tammiepatton70 i am also looking a Ruvati sink ( rvh8300) Wondering if you were able to fix your problem?

• designsaavy
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Memom, I have the Ruvati RVH8300 in my kitchen. My faucet is installed through the granite. It was a tight fit to the window sill, but I bought a faucet that would work with it.

The sink has been installed since last summer. So far so good. It does have a tin sound, but it doesn't bother me. The bottom is flatter than I would have liked, so I'm chasing food around the sink to wash it down. Get a powerful spray faucet. The grid was a disappointment. It's not a tight grid, so silverware can fall through. I leave the collander in all the time, but I only use it to store a small hand soap pump bottle, and a scrub brush. When we scrape our dirty dishes, I give the silverware a quick rinse and pile in the collander before loading the dishwasher. Keeps them all in one place and keeps them from working their way under the grid. Every night I take the grid out and wash the sink and rinse the grid to keep it clean.

I bought a wire mesh collander with pull out rubber handles that fits perfect from the front ledge to the back ledge. When I need to rinse veggies or drain pasta, I use it.

• PRO
    just homes
    8 years ago

Thanks so much designsaavy. This is very helpful information. As of now I am going with a new sink from Nantucket ZR-PS-3220-16. My counter top fabricator is an authorized dealer and he will get it quickly since I am templating in a few days. . It is a similar style sink minus the cutting board, a major downside and almost a deal breaker but I hope to find a cutting board that fits. Kohler also makes a similar sink but its an 18 gauge SS and I want 16. They all seems to be made in China.

• designsaavy
    8 years ago

Good luck. :-)

• tammiepatton70
    6 years ago

I called another plumber and he fabricated a block to reinforce the back of the faucet to the bottom side of the quartz countertop. It worked and I love the sink and faucet. It has held up very well. No leaks and no thumping sound when I dump a hot pot of water.

To answer another’s question about cleaning the wire inset. I use barkeepers friend and a nylon brush. It works well and I do this weekly. I also found a sink strainer that sits on top of the sink from bed bath and beyond. Love love my Ruvati and for the price no regrets.

• PRO
    MTD Construction
    6 years ago

I couldn't be more happy with the quality of this sink. Everything about this sink gets 5 stars in my book from the price, packaging, installation brackets and template etc. All upper-end quality.

I never leave reviews although I was so impressed with this sink I just couldn't keep quiet.

• Jes Tomasino
    5 years ago

Rvh7300 vs rvh8300 are the accessories the only difference?

• Lucie Leduc
    5 years ago

Is anyone able to provide comments about the RVH8333 by any chance? It's the work station and I am seriously considering it but would love some reviews.

https://www.wayfair.com/home-improvement/pdp/ruvati-roma-workstation-ledge-45-l-x-19-w-undermount-kitchen-sink-ruvt1494.html

• Peke
    5 years ago

Lucie, my sink is an older model of yours. The colanders and cutting boards have been used once or twice and are now in the garage.

I love the deep sink for washing large pans. I have only had 2 bowl sinks before this, and I will never go back to 2 bowls. However, with our garbage disposal sitting underneath the sink drain, that leaves just 5-6" to get around it to fix any plumbing. My husband can't get inside the sink cabinet to replace washers or repair faucets. Make sure your sink cabinet doesn't have the divider piece between the two doors. (Stylus? I don't remember what it's called.) I think because your drain is off to one side, you will not have the garbage disposal problem. We raised our countertops 4-5 inches, and we still have problems. Even without a garbage disposal, you will have to reach around the deep sink in the back, then up to the underside of the countertops to repair or replace anything. We have to hire people to do anything because my husband's back won't let him bend like that to lay inside the cabinet. Plus, you can't see what you are doing. 19" reaching back, then 10" reaching up to the underside of the countertop to unscrew the faucet, air switch, or soap dispenser connections is not easy unless you are young and bendable with long arms.

Your sink is 19" front to back, but only 14.5" in the interior. Make sure your largest hand wash item will fit.

My Ruvati center drain sink did not drain well. They had the channels/bends like yours, but the angle was not enough to fully drain like the slope on a cast iron sink. They could have changed that problem though.

Cleaning: the square corners, edges, and angles are a pain to clean. I use an old toothbrush. Bleach will leave black spots on the sink if it splashes and you don't rinse it off. It is hard to notice that you splashed bleach until it is too late.

Faucets: search Houzz for pull out vs pull down faucets since your sink is narrow front to back and deep. Our arched, pull down sprayer/faucet splashes everywhere unless we pull it down and let it hang 4-6" down hoping it will splash inside the sink. I am constantly drying the faucets, countertops, soap dispenser, and backsplash because other people don't pull the faucet down. It is a long way from the faucet to the item you are rinsing in the sink. With your narrow sink you will have to be careful that your faucet doesn't stick out too far which is why we chose an arched faucet that splashes.

Doing it again: I would probably choose a sink without the square edges and corners to clean. I would choose more rounded edges and I would get a better slope in the drain. I would never go back to 2 bowl and would always have a deep sink. It is tough to find a perfect sink though with all of your requirements.

• Donna Reed
    3 years ago

@Peke Can you share why you would never go back to 2 bowls and now choose just one? Curious! thanks!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

Donna:

I replace 150 sinks a year. About 145 are single bowls. Of the 5 divided sinks, 3 are low divides. When given the choice, people overwhelmingly choose single bowl sinks. I've never gotten a single call expressing regret at their decision in several years.

• Donna Reed
    3 years ago

Got it! I have a double sink now (just old fashion traditional one) and one is smaller than the other. When I wash dishes in one side, I use the other to rinse cups that are dirty or full of drinks, while the clean side washing dishes. I also like a smaller one to fill up with soap and hot water while washing dishes and then sometimes I use it to defrost meat, all the while keeping the other sink available for whatever. BUT I say all that and have used a large single sink at a family member house and LOVED it! So was wondering! If I did the double I would do a 50" workstation type with a small single. Not sure though. I don't want to regret it. I have never had my own large single so wondering if I am missing out on something!! haha!

• Peke
    3 years ago

Washing large items that can't go in the dishwasher. Washing the dog. I bought two Ruvati sinks, and one went in my utility room along with a really strange looking faucet with sprayer that hangs on the wall. That cabinet with the quartzite top is 40" tall. I didn't want to bend over bathing the dog. However, the quartzite top is 4" deep, so I still have to bend forward. I would choose a sink without a quartzite counter if I could do it again...an apron sink, maybe. My back hurts from bending forward if I stay there too long. Lesson learned.

• Betsy Rubenstein
    2 years ago

I have the 33 in. Single Bowl Undermount 16-Gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink and it does not drain the food. There needs to be a slant or something so I have to pick up the metal rack to get the food down every time. Does anyone else have that issue and any solutions?

• Peke
    2 years ago

Same problem. Not all of the water drains, too. I hate cleaning that grid and the sink's 90° angles and corners. I will probably choose a sink with rounded corners the next time. Will stay away from stainless steel, too.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm