Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

Caesarstone Dreamy Marfil~ new and beautiful

deedles
11 years ago

I tried and tried to get an accurate color on this and didn't do it, but you can see the nice veining which is kind of a coppery tan. The field color is a very creamy ivory beige. Just noticed as new on the website the other day and ordered a sample. Thought I'd put it up here for you guys to check out. Wish the color was closer though, dang it.

Comments (47)

• localeater
    11 years ago

I saw it on their website the other day and suggested it to someone. Can't recall who. I think it is actually 'dreamy'. So you have a real, live sample. Is it truly scrumptious?

PS Don't know where that came from but now I want to watch "Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang"!

• wi-sailorgirl
    11 years ago

I just placed the order for our Caesarstone countertops the other day. Of the new colors coming out, this one could have been a possibility. Probably a good thing I ordered already or I'd be second guessing everything and probably delaying our project to get it. This is really lovely.

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Thanks for the post. I'm so frustrated looking for light color stone without much movement (that isn't marble) and I'm not even close to starting my remodel!

Wi-sailor girl. Can you tell me what color Caesarstone color you chose and what color cabs and backsplash are you going with? Thanks.

• wi-sailorgirl
    11 years ago

Island, we're doing (Benjamin Moore) Cloud White cabinets, a mother of pearl backsplash and Caesarstone eggshell counters. At first I was really struggling with the counter choice because I wanted something with more texture, but at the same time I didn't want them to fight with the backsplash for attention (I have a really small kitchen so I feel like elements need to work even better with one another). I didn't think I wanted a counter as solid and well, boring, as eggshell, but I went back to my saved pictures on Pinterest and Houzz and realized that most of the kitchens I had saved had very plain counters. The eggshell is just a touch darker (more oatmeal) than the cabinets which I decided I liked more than a counter that was almost the same color as the cabinets.

I'm probably going to go out of my way to avoid looking at Dreamy Marfil in person so I don't end up giving myself a fit. The other benefit to eggshell? It was in the lowest priced tier of Caesarstone so it was actually less than many of the other quartz brands I had been considering. I'm sure that won't be the case with these new colors though.

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Sailor girl thanks for the scoop.

I too have a small kitchen, at least by GW standards. I find I'm drawn to the plain countertops in those images on Houzz too. But when I see a piece in person I worry about how it will look in my small kitchen since there isn't much room for design features. Sounds like a great choice with a MOP backsplash though since that's where the pizazz will be in your kitchen!

I've never wanted marble, but now that I'm out looking for quiet stone, that really appeals to me, but not the care. I wonder how it would look on a full backsplash if my counters were plain? Less change of etching and staining there, but don't know if that's ever done. Will need to look if that's ever shown on Houzz.

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

Thanks for posting the picture, Deedles. I've been considering quiet quartz counters more than ever for durability reasons and as an alternative to granite.

• deedles
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It is very quiet without some light veining and it is very pretty. It's a strong contender for my counter choice. I'll check out the eggshell, too.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Deedles--that's very pretty. I'll put it on my list to check out IRL when it's time to reno the hall bath. I'm leaning towards quartz for the room since the kids use it.

LocalEater--Your mention of Truly Scrumptious made me pine to hear Jemima and Jeremy's high pitched voices sing about her. Chitty is one of my most favorite childhood movies, along with Mary Poppins, Wizard of Oz, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Here is a link that might be useful: Saccharine-y sweet Truly Scrumptious goodness

• RooBoo
    11 years ago

Deedles,

I am indeed considering the Dreamy Marfil and just ordered a sample last week. Would you say that the color is more grey-beige or yellow beige? Originally I was considering Crema Botticino by Zodiaq, and the field color was perfect, but when I got a larger sample the veining on it looked more like dirt splotches. It was just horrible. My guess is that Caesarstone takes a more refined and subtle stab at natural stone. I have a "backup" of Caesarstone eggshell, but I think it just may be too light.

• deedles
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tried to get some more pics.

This is against bright white subway tiles:

Here is against old yellow and white laminate:

This is outside on a wet bare wood step (this stuff is hard to photograph!):

HTH

• RooBoo
    11 years ago

Awww, thanks for the pics Deedles! I think I could have a winner! Psyched to get my sample this week!

• RooBoo
    11 years ago

Awww, thanks for the extra pics Deedles! It looks like I may have a winner with the color! I was just concerned it would be a bit too yellow beige and it doesn't look that way at all!

• RooBoo
    11 years ago

oops, I'm new to GW, just accidentally posted twice.

• deedles
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I think it's prettier in person, of course. Liking it better than anything I've seen up to now.

Be sure and post your impression when you get your sample...

• Anne Harris
    11 years ago

Thanks for posting this thread! I am picking out countertops for a kitchen reno in a second home--which certainly has its challenges because I can't see how colors will actually look in the space! I'm installing cabinets that are similar in color to maple (without the yellow undertone that natural maple has, and will have some stainless steel drawers in the island along with stainless steel appliances. So the counters need to go with warm wood tones and the cool tones of the stainless. I picked up a sample of the Dreamy Marfil the other day and I think it might just be the ticket. It reads a warm creamy color in general, as Deedles' pics show, but does have enough gray in it to look good with stainless.

Now, where to buy it and get it fabricated in Northern CA (I live in Atlanta!).

I'll probably go down to the Ceaserstone facility in Atlanta early next week and take pictures of a full piece. If I do, I'll post pictures too.

• deedles
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Love to see any pics when you get them!

• Anne Harris
    10 years ago

Made a trip down to the Ceasarstone place yesterday. Here's a close up picture of creamy marfil and london grey. The pattern/veining is the same. The creamy marfil is a warm cream background and the london grey is whiter. The london grey is very very pretty, but I think it's a little to white/grey for my application. I'll post separate pics of each next.

• Anne Harris
    10 years ago

Here's a large slab of the Dreamy Marfil. In this large format and in the lighting it is in, it looked almost too beige for me, and I started to wonder if I should go with London Grey (there was a slab of London Grey nearby). My sample (about 5" x 10" looked lighter, but when I put it next to the slab darned if it isn't the same). This picture is from 6-l feet away, so you don't really see the veining. Hope this is helpful!

• Anne Harris
    10 years ago

One last post--here's a picture of the London Grey. I just looked back through the pictures of the Dreamy Marfil posted here and it's just darn hard to get accurate colors. Guess at some point you just take the plunge, e.g.?

When I got home and put the two samples next to each other and my cabinet door sample (which is beech--similar in color to maple but doesn't have any yellow undertones) I could go either way, but the Dreamy Marfil is a little warmer and will probably look better. Hmmmmm.

• blondelle
    10 years ago

Thanks for those great photos. They really are helpful. The Dreamy Marfil above with that long distinctive veining looks like a different veining pattern from the more diffuse veining of the LG photo below. I wonder if you will have to choose your slab to get the veining you want just like you do with marble. You mentioned they were a similar veining pattern but they look different.

Would you know if the Frosty Carrina also has the same veining pattern but with a different color background? Would love to know if it's the same veining style on all three of the new light colors.

• Anne Harris
    10 years ago

They had a slab of forsty carrina there, but I honestly didn't pay that much attention to it because I knew it was too white for what I need. Based on the sampel book I brought home, it does have veining, but is more subtle than London Grey or Dreamy Marfil.

Here's how the Caeserstone guy explained the coloration/veining to me. He said that whent he slabs are being produced (in Israel--who knew?) they are trying to make the slabs as consistent as possible (same color, veining, etc). Each slab has a number on it, that tells information about where/when the slab was made and a lot number. As slabs are made, the computer constantly scans the slabs to ensure consistency. As long as the slabs are coming out the same, the lot number stays the same. When the computer picks up any variation, it applies a different lot number. The next inconsistency detected may end up going back to the first lot number. That way, you can ensure when you are buying multiple slabs they all come from the same lot. So, a whole lot less variation than granite, but still some very slight variations possible.

• Anne Harris
    10 years ago

They had a slab of forsty carrina there, but I honestly didn't pay that much attention to it because I knew it was too white for what I need. Based on the sampel book I brought home, it does have veining, but is more subtle than London Grey or Dreamy Marfil.

Here's how the Caeserstone guy explained the coloration/veining to me. He said that whent he slabs are being produced (in Israel--who knew?) they are trying to make the slabs as consistent as possible (same color, veining, etc). Each slab has a number on it, that tells information about where/when the slab was made and a lot number. As slabs are made, the computer constantly scans the slabs to ensure consistency. As long as the slabs are coming out the same, the lot number stays the same. When the computer picks up any variation, it applies a different lot number. The next inconsistency detected may end up going back to the first lot number. That way, you can ensure when you are buying multiple slabs they all come from the same lot. So, a whole lot less variation than granite, but still some very slight variations possible.

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Interesting how the slabs are made, thanks for posting that.

Did you notice a price/ft (or is it per inch now? :/ ) for the dreamy marfil?

Still my front runner. Love to see a pic of the two with your cab sample, too, if you feel like posting another pic or two?

Thanks for the big slab pic, too... it is helpful to see a big patch of it.

• kristieschultz
    10 years ago

Hey Blondelle,
    Go to www.caesarstone.com.au/Gallery/Kitchen.aspx to see some decent pictures of frosty carrina. I've been looking for pictures for days but these were the only ones I can find so far. It looks subtle but very nice. I am sold on it and am going to be ordering it for my kitchen in the next couple of months.

• Denitza Kotov
    10 years ago

Did any of you have the Dreamy Marfil installed or not yet? Would love to see some pictures.

I am about to change my mind and go from Blizzard to Dreamy Marfil since it's warmer but I am afraid it'll look too beige or yellow.

I will have walnut cabinets and green more classical backsplash - the white of the Blizzard was too much of a contrast and the Dreamy Marfil was transitioning very well with the cabinets and the backsplash.

Not sure which way to go - I still like the Blizzard - my kitchen is small 10x14 and not too bright - I was hoping I can get more light with lighter stone????

What would be your advice?
    Thank you!

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I haven't absolutely decided yet, but the dreamy marfil is still in first place for me. My kitchen is also small and not super bright, but I think that maybe the marfil would be light enough and not so bright as to be jarring as you describe with the Blizzard. I'd like to see some pics, also, if they are out there.

• caitlinmagner
    10 years ago

Late to this thread, but just had my first outing to choose countertops and was introduced to Dreamy Marfil. Once I saw it, nothing else seemed right.

It is soft and earthy, interesting without being busy. Our kitchen will have a rustic look - wood floors, wood beams, medium stained distressed cabinets, brick. With all that going on, most granites and quartzes were too busy.

The color of this is creamy, but not too yellow. It looked great with the earthy palette of our kitchen. Haven't decided on paint colors yet, though.

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kitten1313: I feel the same way about the dreamy marfil. It seems a perfect tone for the rustic feel. We also will be leaning toward rustic with wood plank ceilings and wood cabs. The color of this seems very 'organic' and the veining takes the background but still lends an interesting visual quality. I have a copper apron sink with an applied patina on the front that doesn't play nice with very many counters.... this one however seems ideal. Love to see some pics when you get your kitchen going!

• Sunny440@aol.com
    9 years ago

Is the Dream Marfil expensive? We have a large kitchen and I will need 72 sq feet. Any suggestions on saving money and working within a tight budget? Thanks.

• deedles (zone 4b or 5 depending on whom
    9 years ago

chocollette: I was the original poster on this thread and ultimately I went with Wilsonart solid surface both for the price difference and because I couldn't get anyone here to carve runnels into the quartz, which I really wanted. Can't remember the exact price difference for my kitchen but it was a savings to go with solid surface. I think prices differ depending on brand and area of the country, too.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

Thank you everyone for posting pictures. Please share pictures of the kitchens with the counters installed. The Caesarstone Dreamy Marfil looks nice with the veins in it. I also love the London Grey but wish it has more veins in it.

• Sunny440@aol.com
    9 years ago

The Dreamy Marfil 5220 is a gorgeous creamy ivory marble looking quartz. Thanks to all those who have posted here, I have been successful in narrowing my choices. It now depends upon the cost. Deedles was on the mark with her comment about Wilsonart which I think might work. Has anyone any ideas on Wilsonart's Marfil color? Thanks.

• joyce_6333
    9 years ago

I'm looking for something to go with my Bianco Romano perimeters. Currently have Blue Perl which I dislike and will be replacing. I've been looking at all the "marble-esque" quartzes, but they seem too white or too yellow. In real life, what undertone does this have...yellow or pink?

• Susan Scearce
    8 years ago

I have Bianco Romano in my laundry room, and based on my Romano slab, I would not pair it with the dreamy marfil. The dreamy marfil is very creamy but I suppose it would appear yellowish next to the bianco Romano. Is the caesarstone London grey to white? Have you brought samples into your kitchen? There was such a difference in the way colors looked in the showrooms vs the softer lighting of our house.

• joyce_6333
    8 years ago

Thanks so much Susan. I appreciate your opinion. I have brought so many samples home, and most of the white "marble" look quartz is too grey, but doesn't necessarily look bad. Zodiac Crema Botticino is the one I initially picked out, and will probably go with that. Thanks again.

• rosewomann
    8 years ago

Hi all,

These pictures of dreamy marfil are really nice! Trying to decide between Dreamy Marfil and Silestone Tigris Sand. None of the stores near me have both samples and they did the demo on my kitchen today! This is to go with medium cherry cabinets. Reverse paneled and a bit more traditional than shaker because of the edge treatment. A bead along the inner edge and a stepped down outer edge. We spent weeks driving to see granite and couldn't find any we loved. It is to late to order samples. But my friend has the Tigris sand which is a bit more modern in appearance but nice in its yellow beige color. I'm not sure which of these 2 would look better with my set up. Golden oak floors if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    8 years ago

Well, Silestone has triclosan (microban) in it. I guess some folks must like it or they wouldn't do it, but that would be the deciding factor against Silestone (any color) for me.

• wilma1949
    8 years ago

Hi Susan Scearce! Love your picture! What did you use for your backsplash? I am using Dreamy Marfil for my countertops but can't decide on the backsplash. Want something very subtle. Thanks in advance. Wilms

• hiccup4
    5 years ago

I would love to see more Dreamy Marfil counter tops!

• lparrelli55
    5 years ago

Hi all I am having the Dreamy Malfi installed next Monday!!! I purchased Kraftmaid Biscotti cabinets with cocoa glaze from Home Depot and I shopped for 3 weeks with my cabinet door to every granite, quartz and natural stone warehouse within a 20 mile radius. I finally walked into a Kitchen Design shop in the Boston area and spoke to a decorated who brought me a 12x12 piece of dreamy malfi and that was it...I will post a photo next week but it is so beautiful and warm...Best of luck, I found it to be the hardest part of doing the whole kitchen....Tomorrow I am going for the backsplash hopefully that will be easier..

• hiccup4
    5 years ago

I can hardly wait to see it!

• Rachel Nye
    5 years ago
    please post pics
  • K Watson
    5 years ago

Iparrelli55 Please post pictures of your counter and cabinets. I am thinking about using the same dreamy Marfell counter in my kitchen. Thank you very much

• Tl Howard
    5 years ago

And, there are no pics.

• Rachel Nye
    5 years ago
    TI Howard check out quartzite. the dreamy marfil looked too sterile/fake for me.
  • Tl Howard
    last year

I've seen it. It's really pretty. Quartzite is more expensive than most quartz and granite, and like granite, the name means nothing. For example, if you like light beige with dream, Taj Mahal quartzite is beautiful....until you see it elsewhere and it's a totally different color.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler