Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xc60

Counter top mix up, turns out for the best!

xc60
10 years ago

We found out two days ago when they went to fabricate our counters for our new build that one of the quartz slabs we ordered was sent to someone else and that Ceasarstone sent the wrong slab and color. We ordered 5141 and they sent 6141, so our two slabs did not match and the receiver at the fabricators didn't notice last month when they were received. It is now too late to order another as no slabs in our color are available till mid April.

Which in the end turns out it was a blessing as for the last couple of weeks I've been kind of regretting my counter choice and was wishing I would of picked Super White instead. Well guess who just picked out Super White Extra for their new counters? Me, yay!!! I'm so excited, lol.

This post was edited by xc60 on Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 15:39

Comments (25)

• feisty68
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! I'm planning to order Valley White (also called River White)

• crl_
    10 years ago

Lemons into lemonade! That's great.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Great story! Congrats!

• romy718
    10 years ago

You should be excited, that is one gorgeous slab!

• xc60
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all so much! Another plus is the Super White costs less than the quartz so we are saving money and because of the mix up the granite company is giving us an additional discount. The Super White is not as carefree as the quartz and I think I've read every thread here on GW and on the web about possible etching..... and I'm ok with it. So so excited! :)

• Lisa
    10 years ago

Oh I loooooooooove the Superwhite Extra! One of my very favorite stones!!! Enjoy!

• Iowacommute
    10 years ago

Man talk about luck. I'm happy you had a good result and hope the install keeps that ball rolling in the right direction!

This post was edited by IowaCommute on Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 16:46

• YuliaO
    10 years ago

Yay! i LOVE Super White and still am upset it didn't work out in our case

• xc60
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yulia, your soapstone is gorgeous! :)

Feisty, I can't wait to see your Valley White. It's a beautiful stone.

Icskaigir, I saw in your reveal that you had wanted Super White at first too, but I must say your counters are absolutely perfect for your kitchen. They were so meant to be.

IowaCommute, thank you for your wishes. I am feeling rather lucky and very grateful. :)

• tmy_jax
    10 years ago

That's awesome! Congrats! Looking forward to future update pics!

tmy

• deedles
    10 years ago

The slabs are beautiful but why are they called super white when they aren't white? I've always wondered that.

Nice that an error works out better, though!

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

Isn't that the oddest and most wonderful thing! :)
    I look forward to seeing the final work.
    c.

• peony4
    10 years ago

Nice to read this happy ending!

• sixkeys
    10 years ago

Wow! Congrats!

• xc60
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is some more eye candy of our different slabs. :) They are much more gorgeous in person, it's so hard to capture it in photos.

This post was edited by xc60 on Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 16:43

• romy718
    10 years ago

I'll say it again, GORGEOUS!

• xc60
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here are the digital templates of the Super White for our island, perimeter counters and our master ensuite. The counters will be installed next Friday now.

• xc60
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Countertops were installed yesterday and backsplash today. Was able to sneak in as they were finishing it up to snap a few pics, here's a sneak peek! :)

• dgormish
    10 years ago

Looking lovely!

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

They are very beautiful!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

OK, that's the MOST serendipitous, wonderful thing I have heard in a long while! We almost never hear that things ended up better than expected....LOVE that counter. It is truly gorgeous and I will bet that you will be happy in the end that you got your dream counter. The etching probably won't even hit your radar because the counters are so pretty.

SO SO fabulous! Can't wait to see more pics as you progress. I always feel like the house is ready to move into when the counters are done, and even though I know there's so much more that needs to be done, it always seems so close to be ready! Sneak more peeks!!!! Hahaha.

• romy718
    10 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful Super White.. I love the edge. Backsplash already? We need pics.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Beautiful Super White counters! what edge did you choose as it looks so nice! I can't wait to see more of your kitchen.

• xc60
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone, you are all the best! I Love Love them so much, every time I see the stone I get so excited. My husband thinks its so funny as he thinks its nice to but can't believe how truly excited I am, lol. He's like "It's just rock, I don't see it the way you do!" :) He just grins and shakes his head. Some just dont understand us kitchen obsessed, he he.

Firsthouse, thank you for all your wonderful compliments. I am so ready to move in as its been a very long and extremely slow build, we are not in till the end of next month but things are all scheduled to move quickly now. Hardwood is being installed tomorrow, yay!!!

Hi Lynn, The edge is I believe a regular ogee edge on the island, the fabricators just used numbers for their edge selections, it was #250. The perimeter edge is an eased edge. I read some where maybe on GW that sometimes if you do a fancier edge on the island, most people won't notice it's not done on all the counters in the kitchen. I also like the simpleness of it on the perimeters.

Romy, Yes, we have backsplash! I thought long and hard and changed my mind so so many times. Backsplashes are the hardest thing to choose, aren't they? Lol In the end, we just went with simple. My husband the last time at the tile place just pointed to the tile and said he liked it, I was like "Really!?!?!" It was the first tile I considered months and months ago. I looked back at all my inspiration pics on Houzz and then noticed 90% had that same tile in them. White 3x6 beveled subway.

I'm going to go in the next couple of days again to see the hardwood and by then the backsplash will be grouted, I'll take more pics. :)

• xc60
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, I should also add to this thread that in the end Ceasarstone was also really great and was able to find another slab of the Frosty Carrina we had originally picked and willing to rush ship it. But after the mix-up and dragging hubby to granite yards for two days, he would of not been pleased if it was all for nothing. And of course, in the end the Super White was what I discovered I really wanted. :)

This post was edited by xc60 on Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 14:41