Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Floor color ?

Posted by sarina (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 13:17

Thinking of a floor called cafe its a medium to shades of darker taupe /brown with some slight grey in it. Its a tract builder but I can pick the colors. The cabinets he uses are Legacy, amaretto is the color I like to pick from of stain color and they are maple. They do have dovetail drawers and all and all seem like a decent cabinet. Going to do my own granite in there in blue pearl unless I get in there if I do the cafe floor it might be to dark with it., in that case I will change granites.

Here is a link that might be useful: Legacy cabinets ..color amaretto

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Floor color ?

I think you should construct a "mood board" with pictures of your choices next to each other. Here is an example of a mood board:
 photo moodboard.jpg

o

I wish I had time to do that board Idea but have to decide soon not sure how to do a mood board actually either not real super computer savvy.

o

Floor tile I like.

Here is a link that might be useful: floor tile in cafe I like

o

I think it will look nice. I might be tempted to look at some other granites rather than blue pearl. That one has been around for a long time here. I think something that is closer in color to the floor would be pretty on your cabinets. Nice color choices on the maple cabinet line. Interesting. Good luck!

o

I know but I just love blue pearl granite . It might not look good though with floor and cabs.When I get in there I migh have to pick another color another color of granite I like is Emerald pearl its green . Do not go outside the box to far do it lol . I do like St Cecelia light if I can find one not heavy on gold but more creamy.

o

Any more input out there I know ya want to come on :)

o

Looks like it could work well. In trying to find photos of blue pearl granite; it's often shown with white cabinets or gray tones. Here it is with a warm wood but with different tones.

Here's another room with dark cabs

Good Luck! If you love it, then go for it!

o

You might want to look at some tiles that are multi-colored. You could pull some more grey in with the beige/brown. Here's a suggeation:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_422207-40398-KEYSTONE18GREY_0__?productId=4295385&Ntt=keystone+grey&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dkeystone%2Bgrey&facetInfo=

It looks darker than it is in person.

Here's another idea:
http://www.tileshop.com/product/productdetail.aspx?familyID=2224&recordID=379559

Since you are drawn to the blue pearl you might want to include some grey tones in the floor.

o

Only trouble is with the spec builder only certain tiles they have to so I have to pick what they have . Cafe is only one I have seen so far with any gray undertone to it. Thanks San Juan girl .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here