Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Needing design help: built-ins/kitchenette

ontariomom
11 years ago

Hi,

I apologize as this is a bit off topic for the kitchen forum. However, who knows cabinetry design better than Kitchen design fans? We are a family heavy on storage as I am a Kindergarten teacher and probably own more than 50 banker boxes of kindergarten teaching supplies (no I'm not kidding). We also are a family of six, and as you know storage increases for each person. We are trying to integrate storage into our basement layout design, and wonder if you have any design suggestions to optimize storage. Also you will see a small kitchenette/bar that the teenagers will use to snack and entertain. We are limited as to where plumbing can go so this must stay where we show it, or move to the area marked rough-in for future kitchen.

I don't want to break the bank on these built ins so I welcome any cost savings ideas you may have. I still want this room to look attractive so don't want too much open storage. Perhaps I would consider using some Ikea components, as long as they were sturdy enough.

At the bottom of this post is a link for an inspiration photo of built-ins around basement windows (see third image on the link with the closed cupboards). I also don't want to cover up any of our basement windows.

Here is the basement layout we showing the area for built-ins and the kitchenette. I apologize, but for some reason I can't upload a large version. However, if you click on the image you will be directed to my photobucket where you can zoom in.

TIA!

Carol

This post was edited by OntarioMom on Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 21:53

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living