Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kate_2008

electrolux refrigerators, anyone?

kate-2008
16 years ago

We were going to get a kitchenAid counter depth frig, but saw an electrolux similar features for less money. Anyone have experience with electrolux?

Comments (5)

• sarschlos_remodeler
    16 years ago

You should check the appliances forum. I was thinking about an electrolux because I thought they looked nice, but there are a lot of people who have had some pretty serious problems with the electrolux. I also learned that it is a Fridgidaire brand. We had a fridgidaire that lasted only 7 years (actually, it started to fall apart after 4 years, and the veggies kept rotting, but we held on to it as long as we could). After that fridge (shelves broke, the plastic drawer glides cracked and couldn't hold the veggie drawers together, food didn't stay cold enough), I decided never to buy another fridgidaire product.

• zelmar
    16 years ago

I love, love, love our Electrolux. I haven't kept up with info on appliances at all so wasn't aware that there have been problems. Ours has been trouble-free for 2 1/2 years. I feel as though the space in our side-by-side is well designed. I would buy it again. The coating is great--I feel as though I don't have the same fingerprint prolem many people with ss fridges complain about.

I haven't been over on the appliance forum for quite a while but I've noticed that people on this forum speak very positively (and often enthusiastically) about their Electrolux fridges. But I don't read all the threads.

{{gwi:1574534}}

• lynnette63
    16 years ago

Mine's been in service since May 2006 with no problems whatsoever. Like zelmar, I think the finish is great. It
    truly doesn't fingerprint, and is so easy to take care of with just a microfiber cloth and water. I went from an LG French door (NEVER again on that brand) to the Electrolux, and was afraid I would miss the space in the LG. Turns out I haven't missed it at all.

• decodilly
    16 years ago

Just found our that our Kenmore Pro side by side is actually made by Electrolux/Frigidare and I also am very happy so far. We purchased also in May of 2006. We don't get fingerprints at all, and so far everything works great. Just hope that it lasts for a good long time. I want 50 years out of my appliances, like they used to get!

• sue_b
    16 years ago

I have the same Electrolux Icon refrigerator as zelmar and Lynette63, installed August 2006. I agree that the exterior finish is perfect for preventing fingerprints. It is also "stainless" on the side instead of black. It is cabinet depth so helps our floor plan since it opens in front of our island and we needed as "undeep" a fridge as possible.
    BUT the ice maker malfunctioned 14 mos. after purchase so we just bought the Sears warranty since I know ice makers tend to go on the fritz a lot. We also had to turn the thermostat down to -4 degrees for the freezer in order to keep the refrigerator side cold enough.

I researched to the extreme and DID NOT want a $4,000 - $5,000 refrigerator. There must be no such thing as the perfect side by side, but I'm happy enough with this one.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths