Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need suggestions for undermount corner kitchen sink

Posted by dennisforman (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 12:56

I am in the process of remodeling my rental property and the kitchen doesn't have much space. I have decided a corner sink will go best with the layout. Anyone have any experience with any good corner sinks. I need an undermount sink, preferably a double-bowl with large deep bowls.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need suggestions for undermount corner kitchen sink

You definitely don't want one of the batwing sinks designed for corners, since the faucet dribbles on the counter when you swing it from one bowl to the other. Aside from that, there's not really anything special about a sink in a corner. You'd use a regular sink, and which one depends on the cabinet you use and how you set up the corner. Are you planning to do an angled corner or a 90 degree corner, and what size is your cabinet? If you're using cabinetry that comes with a corner sink base, the specs should tell you what size sink will fit.

o

A single bowl is all that will really fit well in a corner configuration. Otherwise you start to have to have a 48" corner sink cabinet to shoehorn in a full sized sink, be it double or single. Or you have to practically demolish the cabinet sides to shoehorn it in, and then it's too far back and hurts your back. Corner sinks are the sink of LAST resort. Post your layout and you may find a better option.

o

Here's another way to get a sink into a corner, using a blind cabinet as the sink base:

Here is a link that might be useful: details here

This post was edited by writersblock on Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 13:49

o

I have a double bowl sink in a corner. It's 42 inches, quite deep, and I love it. It's the second one on the link, and I notice it is currently out of stock. Good news, the 37 inch model is in stock.

Livewire is right about corner sinks not being ideal. The sink takes up a lot of space. I had some awkward angles in my kitchen that I couldn't avoid, and a sink was the best use of that space, so I just got the biggest sink that would fit--and it barely fits. For a rental I wouldn't go 42 inches unless it is a very large kitchen.

I think writersblock's solution to put one bowl in an otherwise blind corner is a pretty good compromise.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinks

o

I love my corner sink! Wouldn't trade it. It's a double bowl undermount. I do have a lot of space in my kitchen, but my old house was very small and I had a corner sink there too. The "bat wing" kind! I chose it and had it for nearly 20 years. Yes, you could get water on the counter, but I guess I just was used to using it and that rarely happened.

o

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I ended up getting the Ruvati RVH8400 which is a 'bat-wing' or 'butterfly' style corner sink. After reading some of your comments I was a little worried about water splash when swinging from one bowl to other. But my fabricator installed it in such a way that it left a little 'V' between the two bowls, kind of like in the picture below. He also positioned the faucet so that when it swings, the water goes over the V so that it falls on the stainless steel. So far it has worked quite well and my tenant is very happy with it. The sink finish looks really nice and the bowls are deep. I had bought a Ruvati sink before, and this one is just as good.

Here is a link that might be useful: corner sink

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here