Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have Cabinets with mullions and glass?

Posted by sanjuangirl (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 12:49

I need a resource for a cabinet maker that does double arch mullions. Does anyone have them? Who made them?

Help!
Here's the look that I want.

The double arch in the first photo is what I want. If you have any doors that look like these, please post pictures and help me find a supplier! Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have Cabinets with mullions and glass?

Look at Merrilat cabinets.... Palladia and Raleigh style mullions. These are very similar to what you have posted. I don't have them, but have ordered the Palladia style for our new kitchen. Kraftmaid may have something similar.

o

Best bet is Conestoga if you want semi-custom. They supply these to a lot of other cabinet companies. I am on the verge of ordering a set just like that from Holiday. But be warned -- they cost a danged fortune. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Conestoga's mullion page

o

Here are 4 choices- Mountaineer uses Conestoga, Kraftmaid might, I don't think Showplace does but not sure, QCCI may make there own.
They are all expensive- Showplace is the most reasonable, Mountaineer and QCCI charge almost the same thing but QCCI is a more expensive cabinet (usually) and I can't tell from the book where Kraftmaid falls but it doesn't look cheap.

This post was edited by jakuvall on Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 17:32

o

Thank you,for your help. I have several quote requests for the size and style but due to holiday weekend ill have to wait to hear back. I've emailed Conestoga ,Kraftmaid and a few others, I don't know about showplace, would love a link.

o

For Showplace you will have to check with a local dealer
http://showplacewood.com/
Same will be true for Kraftmaid and the last I knew Conestoga.

o

Thanks so much. I hadn't found Showplace on my own. They have 2 dealers quite close to me!
That's why I love GW!!!

Please post photos when you get them!

o

Photos? I don't have these on order, sorry.

o

Those are thousand dollar doors. Each. More if they have beveled glass. You need to want those a LOT, or have a pretty hefty disposable income.

o

Had them once.

Got rid of them in a remodel.

Dust-catchers (and grease and everything else in a kitchen).

o

In Showplace you should find them around 700 (or a little less) for 18-24 w x 36 high, paint grade unfinished. Add percentages for anything else. Still not a inexpensive.

o

I unfortunately do want them alot. My DH doesn't really like them much, but for me they'll be the focal point of the kitchen. And even more unfortunately I want to put antiqued mirror behind the mullions which is wicked expensive.

I'm waiting for a quote from Quick Drawers and I have a call into my local Showplace Dealer. Thanks for your help.

These are some of my inspiration photos, which I found after I thought I wanted this look. I was so happy to see that it had been done.

o

>And even more unfortunately I want to put antiqued mirror behind the mullions which is wicked expensive

Have you talked to a local glass place about how much it would be if you ordered with plain glass or none and then had them install the antiqued mirror?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here