Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When is it ok to have cabinets installed after tile floor is done

Posted by TFCwifey (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 12:36

Is there a certain amount of time to wait for my new cabinets to be installed on top of newly installed wood looking tile floor? They are being delivered tomorrow and the grout is just getting finished today. They said they will install on Monday. Is that ok? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When is it ok to have cabinets installed after tile floor is

yes- as long as it is dry- directions on the "tile" should say a time to stay off but the weekend should be good.

Travis Alfrey
Pinehurst, NC

o

Make sure you seal the grout with at least one coat of sealant before the cabinets are installed. That keeps spills from soaking in to the grout and getting stinky under there.

We tracked some persistent stench to unsealed grout with meat juice spills.- had to scrub it clean, deodorize and seal

o

48-72 hours til sealing, then 24 hours, then cabinet install.

o

What kind of grout are you using. I used Epoxy and waited 48 hrs. I needed to push back with the cabinet guys who thought it would anyway dry down there.

o

I don't know the answer, but wanted to say you have a lovely floor! I also like the wood look, but am considering tile because of maintenance concerns. What kind do you have? What kind/color of cabinets? Can't wait to see more! You must be excited!!

o

Hello, thank you all for your responses. I will attach a picture I the cruel grout bag. It actually says you don't need to seal it.
We are getting white cabinets with a super white granite. I hope it all comes together nicely.

o

Oh and I forgot , the tile is from Florida Tile - Bershire in Olive color 6x24. Here is another pix.

o

Floors are done!! They look fabulous!! Just need a good cleaning.

o

I really like the wood-look tile. I will be doing the same thing in my den hopefully within the next month or two.

I checked out the site; appears this is a "better/more realistic" looking tile.

Is it rectified tile?

o

What color is your grout? I just put in our tile, and I am struggling with picking a color for the grout. How did you decide?

o

I am not sure if it rectified tile or not. Here is the info on the Florida tile we chose.
http://www.floridatile.com/products/berkshire

We chose a cocoa colored grout or maybe it was called coffee, I can't remember for sure. Go with a darker shade of grout to make it look more like wood. The lighter u go with the grout color the less realistic it will look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here