Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shopping for new dishwasher

Posted by ccl38 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 12:36

I have to buy a new dishwasher this week. Suggestions anyone? What do you like or dislike about your dishwasher?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shopping for new dishwasher

Way too vague of a question. What is your budget? What are you looking for in a dishwasher? Do some research and come back with a more specific question.

o

I have a Bosch mid level, I love it. I hd a Bosch in my previous home and loved it so much, when we bought this place it had a Frigidaire. Well that dishwasher died after only a few months so we replaced it with another Bosch. I love it because it washes really well, leaves everything spotless, is very quiet, and IME they are much more durable than Whirlpool/KA/Frigidaire/Maytag (all made by the same company now).

If I can ever afford a Meile that is the only other brand I'd consider other than Bosch.

o

I don't like my Maytag particularly. I had to get it because it was one of the only ones that would fit under the lower counters in the pre-remodel kitchen. It's 4 1/2 years old, and one of the plastic parts on the top shelf has broken already, so one of the racks won't stay up.

You might get better info if you come up with a price range and ask over on the Appliances Forum.

o

I have a Miele - love it.
I had a lemon Miele first and swore that I wasn't buying another and after looking - I bought another Miele.
(I bought the insurance and they sent me a check for the original cost of the DW- I usually don't buy the extended care plans - just good ESP)
I can put 12-14 place settings in it (make sure you get the upgraded racks - but they may be standard now)
Love the 3rd rack tray for silverware.

The only thing I don't like - the little plastic tubs tend to tip over if not secured.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here