Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Wall Color

Posted by P_Bennett (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 12, 12 at 12:34

We just installed new Santa Cecelia granite and want to get rid of the red walls we currently have. Does anyone have any suggestions for a new wall color to match the countertops?

Thanks!

Pictures are below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Color

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Wall Color

Well, red would have been my first suggestion to go with your granite and cabinets, but if you are tired of it, then maybe something like a deep brown. It needs to be dark, with some character to it, because everything else is so light. And you need to add undercabinet lighting. You've got shadows on your work surface from all of the lighting being above the cabinet level. You can do simple cheap fluorescent strips and it will make a world of difference with that beautiful wall color that you already have.

o

Similar to your stone...

Photobucket Image Hosting

I like these colors...

Walton Cream Ralph Lauren

Oatmeal by Serena and Lily Wallpaints

Gentle Fawn by Glidden

Brushed Sable Ralph Lauren Paints

Final Straw Benjamin Moore

Whole Wheat Sherwin Williams

Maybe you want something more yellow?

Secluded Beach Benjamin Moore

Glowing Apricot BM

Yellow Hammer Ralph Lauren

o

That apricot color is really pretty, nice with the stone colors.

o

gentle fawn by glidden looks like a nice way to go: plenty of nice choices.

o

The color that came to my mind was a brown. A restful rich brown.

Here are your pictures:
Photobucket

2-12-12 GW poster kitchen

Photobucket

o

We put Santa Cecelia in our master bathroom in our old house. We painted the walls SW Universal Khaki. It looks a little washed out in the picture but we really liked it. In fact, I'm using the same color in our new build because it is a good chameleon color that looks good with everything. SW Quiver Tan is one down from Universal Khaki if you wanted a little darker.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

My first thought was a copper/rust color because your cabs are light. I also like the Brushed Sable one that boxer posted by RL. You could even veer into a deep saturated orange if you want to liven things up.

o

Thanks for all the input, everyone. These are great suggestions!

o

A few more browns....

Florence Brown Behr

Etruscan Red Farrow and Ball paints

Chocolate Truffle

Autumn Dusk Pratt and Lambert

Drab Farrow and Ball

Mink BM

Aztec Gold Glidden
Photobucket

o

We have Koala Bear from Behr in our living room and kitchen.
I love this color. It is a very nice, soft green/sagey color and really alters its look with lighting.
A very calming and lovely shade!

http://www.materials-world.com/paint-colors/behr/behr-colorsmart/behr-colorsmart-42.htm

(I don't think that swatch does it justice...but it is a greeny/khaki and really moves well depending on the lighting).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here