Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rkb21_gw

Painted Barker doors...anyone with pictures?

rkb21
11 years ago

We are thinking of ordering white painted doors from Barker Doors.

Has anyone bought painted doors from them?

Any issues with ordering from them?

Any advice/pictures would be appreciated!

Our cabinets are in good shape but there are a few doors that have knicks etc. They are white doors and I want to keep the white so I thought this could be a good option.

Thanks!

Comments (17)

• Mick Mick
    11 years ago

I used the paintable doors and the quality is really good. Chad barker owns a quality shop. Will do business with them again.

Do you plan to paint your cabinet boxes? If not, There is a chance that the preprinted doors may not match your existing cabinetry.

• rkb21
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Divastyle- which paint did you select? I am still undecided between the pure white and the dover white. I am waiting on sample doors to come in the mail.

We do plan on painting the cabinet boxes, but that hopefully won't be too much of a hassle :)

Thanks!

• Gracie
    11 years ago

I'm seriously considering using them for a bath vanity. Have you picked up samples of the paint from Sherwin Williams? Both look good in my bathroom. I believe there's an extra charge for a catalyzed conversion varnish, but I'd want that for a painted cabinet.

They're only 30 minutes away and we hope to visit the showroom this week or next.

• rkb21
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I did get the sample paint chips but it's hard to tell from that. I went ahead and just ordered two doors, one in each color to see what they look like. I figured it is going to be a big purchase so I wanted to see and feel the product before investing in them :)

may_flowers- you're lucky that you're near they're showroom. Let me know what you think when you go there :)

• Mick Mick
    11 years ago

I used BM white dove. I used the paintable birch/maple.

• jeri
    11 years ago

DivaStyle - We made our order and are waiting for the doors and drawers to be delivered. I will paint them BM White Dove! :-) Did you paint them yourself??? I have been a *long* time lurker (occasional poster) of this forum and have drooled over the BM White Dove kitchens I have seen. Choosing the color of white was the easiest decision for me because of this. :-)

Jeri

• Mick Mick
    11 years ago

Hi Jeri. I used a contractor that sprayed the boxes and doors. It was pretty easy, but I will admi that I was a little bit afraid. I sampled a lot of white and some turned yellow on the sample spots. I threw caution to the wind and selected White Dove.

I will take a photo when the sun comes up.

• rkb21
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I was hoping to get them prepainted directly from Barker Doors. I just wasn't sure about the paint choices they had. I guess I'll find out soon enough when the samples come in the mail.

divastyle- can't wait to see the pictures!!!

• steph2000
    11 years ago

I think I'm going to break down and order sample doors in walnut and the 2 whites from Barkers. I'll be glad to post pics if I do, though colors on the internet and through a camera are probably not very accurate.

We painted our existing cabinets years ago and I am pretty dead set that if we go with painted cabinets, I want them factory finished. What I don't know is what kind of painting treatment Barkers uses.

Sounds like a lot of us are considering Barkers. Can't wait to see some finished kitchens!

• Gracie
    11 years ago

The finish method sounds good to me. I'm glad to see they do conversion varnish. For that alone I'd have them paint them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Barker painted finish

• steph2000
    11 years ago

Thanks so much, mayflowers. Gratifying to know they are using the conversion varnish. Lots of appealing things with Barker.

My partner's current idea of a good time is watching Barker videos on you-tube on the big screen... We have exciting dates.

• steph2000
    11 years ago

Sorry, double posted.

This post was edited by Steph2000 on Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 13:02

• smaloney
    11 years ago

I ordered the sample cabinet in walnut (with varnish) as well as sample doors in cherry and QS oak. They are really lovely, although for my purposes the cherry and oak are too light without a stain. I had thought someone already posted a photo of the walnut but if anyone is interested I'm happy to do it. I'm not remotely handy, but my kitchen is small and I figure if I'm capable of doing Ikea assembly, then I should at least take a shot at something with similar requirements but what has to be higher quality. All the real work on our kitchen will be done by professionals, but I've got to keep the costs reasonable, and Barker seems like a huge win-win in that respect.

• grlwprls
    11 years ago

My husband does not claim to be handy at all and he put together all our Barker Cabinets without any issues.

We site painted our cabinets (the painters took the doors off site to paint them, but they are just being brush painted) and the painters were *very impressed* that the doors were actually *ready to be painted*.

We've been using our boxes and drawers for over a month now and I love them. Smooth, steady drawers and they look great.

• rkb21
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, everyone.

Great to hear that people have had a good experience with Barker Doors :) Makes me less nervous about making such a big purchase over the internet.

I have emailed and called the customer service number for Barker doors multiple times. One thing I can say for certain is that their customer service is fantastic with answering the many questions I had about the doors/painting process/wood types, etc.

Hopefully, I will get the doors next week and can compare the Pure White and the Dover White to decide what to do.

• stephc28
    7 years ago

Hi. I know this post is 3 years old but is the pure white the one on the left? I can't zoom in. and what style door is that? I am ordering from them soon.