Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
for karin_mt ... matching grout to caulk

Posted by pentimento (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 12:32

In Nomad4's post about green backsplashes you commented that you're grouting your green glass tiles today and found a platinum color you and your DH liked, but the matching caulk is not available, so you might just go with white. Wanted to let you know about a product called Earth Master Silicone GroutMatch found at http://www.colored-caulk.com. It's included in a previous gardenweb kitchens thread called "Fun thread-What decisions did you make/avoid thanks to GW?" at http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg111407123754.html. See oldbat2be's comment on the product.

Though it sounds like you're grout will go in today, so you have a bit of a time crunch. If you end up going with white grout I imagine that will be beautiful, too. Share pics when you're done, please!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: for karin_mt ... matching grout to caulk

Goodness this is SO nice of you! This might save the day!

If we go this route do you think we can grout today and then match the caulk later, when we order this stuff?

This could not have arrived at a better time (and for once I am feeling a little less guilty for checking the forum so often!).

Thank you! Will report back.

o

OK, disaster averted (ok, maybe it wasn't an actual disaster). Our builder brought up a sample pack from a different brand, and all the colors had matching caulk available. So we selected a nice light grey from that brand. Grout just started to go on. I think I'll stay up in the office here for a bit so I don't have any more opportunities to change my mind!

Pentimento, I am very thankful for your advice - I heart GW!

This post was edited by karin_mt on Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 15:16

o

I'm cheering for you, no more grout nightmares. Look forward to seeing the finished product.

o

Glad to hear you found a solution you liked. I just saw your tile with the silverado grout that you posted on the "Show me your green tile" thread. It looks great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here