Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bamboo floating/click or linoleum sheet

Posted by naturalmom (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 12:29

I have 5 active kids. We homeschool, our house is small, our yard is sandy. In addition to my kids, there are lots and lots of neighbor kids traipsing through the house. The kitchen is a VERY high traffic area. I'm about to do a major re-do of the kitchens and bathrooms.

I am not allowed to do tile in the kitchen, so in terms of function AND form, what do you vote for, bamboo click-together or linoleum (not vinyl) sheet ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bamboo floating/click or linoleum sheet

I used sheet linoleum in the kitchen and it was great. We got a few scratches over time but they didn't really show up. You do need to consider seam placement and style.

I wouldn't do anything click in a room that might get water. (Because in my house, it'll get water.)

o
RE: bamboo floating/click or linoleum sheet

We are getting ready to do our kitchen and main living area in the end of March. Need a bit warmer weather here in New jersey before we open walls, replace windows etc. We have two dogs, a rather damp yard, mulch, sand, dirt, pebbles you name it and it comes in with the fur kids. We chose a beveled edge wood plank luxury vinyl (Arno Smoked Oak) from Karndean's Da Vinci collection. It is not cheap. Great warranty. i would not go click or engineered in my kitchen. My friend has another color in his indoor / outdoor wet porch, on his farm. 10 years old look like new. They have a good web site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here