Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
inspiredisabel

I may have found the perfect backsplash for me! Opinions, plz.

inspiredisabel
11 years ago

Behind the range top will be the dot mosaic to the lower left of the black board outlined with the pencil trim of the marble board to the left. The rest will be silver clouds beveled subway tiles. I had never seen that marble in person but it is absolutely gorgeous! It is the perfect mix of colors. My countertops are Cambria Torquay and the my island is the gray color.

Comments (24)

• wi-sailorgirl
    11 years ago

I love it and by the way, your cabinetry is beautiful! What a gorgeous space that is going to be.

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you! I just realized it's very hard to see the details but in person... Lovely! :)

• Molly Phillips
    11 years ago

Okay, fess up and tell us where you got it! I'd love to see if it would match my stuff (so yeah, I love it enough to consider copying it!)

Based on your tastes, Isabel, I think we'd be friends. We'd at least love shopping together. :) Can't wait to see the final kitchen. I hope mine looks that great once everything starts going together. Right now I'm just in that nervous stage.

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

I like it a lot!

• pps7
    11 years ago

Beautiful!

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    11 years ago

lovetodream - thank you! lol... I found the tile today at the stone yard where I'm getting my countertops. The Silver Shadow tile board is from Marble Systems. So, so pretty!

http://www.marblesystems.com/products/material-category/marble/

And the dot mosaic in clay is the Didgeridoo Dots line from Maniscalco Stone. Such a beautiful blend in person with grays and creams but on the website it appears to only be tans.

http://www.maniscalcostone.com/Marble-L3.aspx?traMasterColorId=177&traAssignerID=1&CategoryId=2

I tried taking a better picture of it but it just doesn't do it justice.

• blondelle
    11 years ago

I'm going to be the dissenting opinion here. It's just all too white and beige. You need some contrast. The marble on my monitor also reads a bit pinkish and might turn more so with a sealer on it. Those options would work much better with a medium toned to dark floor. With a light floor and the cabinets and backsplash light you would need a darker counter to balance it all.

As it is now there is interest with a difference of textures, but you also need some juxtaposition of light and dark to stop the kitchen from being so all light, bland, and monotone. The black liner will stand out too much with all that lightness. It would work better with a darker counter too.

• cottagewithroses
    11 years ago

It will be beautiful. It will compliment any accessories and look especially nice with a vase of pink roses and a little greenery.

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for your responses! I pulled the trigger and ordered the marble today! It was a bit more than I was expecting but this is my dream kitchen so I had to do it. I am in LOVE with this marble!

• KellyOaks
    10 years ago

Would you be able to post a photo with your finished kitchen? I am curious to see what the finished product looks like.

I also have a white kitchen with Cambria Torquay counters and have no idea what to use as backsplash.

Thank you so much!

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello! I guess I never checked back in but was contacted to post a finished picture. Truth be told, if I could do it over again I would use my subway tile in a herringbone pattern in the insert nice the range. Ha.

• tmy_jax
    10 years ago

Well, as long as I'm peeking... turned out very well! Though I could *totally* see a herringbone pattern behind the range. Very cool lighting over your island.

Congrats!

• hbrrbh
    10 years ago

Beautiful! What cabinets did you use?

• zep516
    10 years ago

Are the brownies ready yet :)

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you!

hbrrbh - The cabinets are from Bernier. :)

• msrose
    10 years ago

Thanks for the update!

• juddgirl2
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Would you mind sharing your refrigerator info? Is it a built in or just counter depth?

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

juddgirl2 - It is a built in, Thermador. :)

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

inspiredisabel - you need to do a reveal thread, your kitchen is lovely! What a warm, inviting, gorgeous space.

And honestly, if the tile detail over the cooktop area still irks you in say, 3 months, get a quote to replace with subway. I think that would be very simple. (Full disclosure, I always say that - we're DIY-ers, you can only imagine what my poor DH goes through...).

Congratulations on your new kitchen, it's great!

• juddgirl2
    10 years ago

Thank you for the info!

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

oldbat2be - Thank you! My husband would have a small coronary if I said I wanted to change out the mosaic! haha Unfortunately I paid way too much for just that small square that I would see too many dollar signs in the trash if I did that.. Might have to let a few years pass before I could attempt that. ;)

A full reveal thread seems intimidating! I will try to tackle that now over the Christmas break.

You're welcome, juddgirl2!

• romy718
    10 years ago

Beautiful kitchen. I love your countertops, the edge detail is so pretty. Yep, we need to see the whole kitchen and all the details. Please include some closeups of those marble subways. They are gorgeous!

• Emily Mathis
    10 years ago

Looks great!

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Romy and Emily!

Here it is...

Here is a link that might be useful: reveal thread