Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ehjoslin

Countertops Installed!!

dragonfly08
12 years ago

It was an exciting morning here as we waited for our countertops to arrive. As I've been doing all along, my camera snapped away during the process. The men were amazing and made it all look too easy. Thought I'd share some of the fun with fellow GWers since you have all given me so much inspiration and help along the way! Photos aren't great since they were taken on my phone and lighting wasn't optimal.

Here's my Super White quartzite and Titanium soapstone (for coffee/wine bar):

I ended up with just 1 seam and fabricator did a tremendous job matching it up:

Close-up of the soapstone:

My island:

Comments (31)

• allison0704
    12 years ago

How pretty! I would be excited too!

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!

• flynnnj
    12 years ago

You must be so happy. I can feel your excitement and I'm looking forward to seeing your finished kitchen.

• hsw_sc
    12 years ago

YOWZA! That is some purty soapstone!

• francoise47
    12 years ago

Congrats! I've seen a lot of soapstone on GW
    and yours is the most gorgeous soapstone I have ever seen.

• angel411
    12 years ago

Just beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished!

• 2LittleFishies
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! Love the soapstone!!

• pricklypearcactus
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! I really love the quartzite and the seam looks fantastic.

• christine40
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! Mine just arrived and they are installing right now!

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!

• enduring
    12 years ago

Your quartzite and soapstone are very pretty. You must be very happy. It is wonderful to have a good working relationship with the professional crafts-men and women that work on our projects.

Titanium is a fitting name. My not so lively Minas soapstone in my kitchen is a basic gray black with a few veins. But, when I sanded it and made little soapstone dust piles it matched my kitchen walls exactly. My walls are painted with BM Titanium! A lovely gray green that is almost white.

Your Titanium SS looks like remnants I got several months ago that are for my pending bathroom remodel. They are in the shed awaiting warmer weather. I never got a name for the remnants but they really look like your counter.

• kfhl
    12 years ago

Wow! I can't wait to see it when it's all done!

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

Love both of the stone counters. You must be thrilled! It's absolutely beautiful!

• bellajourney
    12 years ago

Oh my goodness, your counters (both of them) are Gorgeous!!! Love, love, love them!!! (And I love your cabinets too!) Just stunning!!!!

• remodelfla
    12 years ago

WOW...both your stones are spectacular. Right up my alley of stones that I love. FABULOUS!

• beachpea3
    12 years ago

Congratulations! Very good looking counters! Can't wait to see the whole kitchen reveal!

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Wahoo, Dragonfly!!! Both stones are stunning! That's shaping up to be one stunning kitchen! You must have butterflies tumbling in your stomach today. Do you have a timeline for completion? I ask because I want to know when I can see the big unveiling!

• Linda
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!

• mmhmmgood
    12 years ago

Wow, both your quartzite and your soapstone are spectacular! Enjoy, it's looking amazing!

• caminnc
    12 years ago

So, so pretty!!!!

• dragonfly08
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for your happy comments! It's amazing how finally having countertops can make the room feel complete, though it's still not done. I love our stones and, since i hadnt seen the SS in person until yesterday, I am very happy with how it turned out. Did not expect the blue-green in the veinings and thrilled because it will go well with my backsplash! Anyway, it's a good thing I have 2 little kids who demand my attention all day and night... Otherwise, I would've slept in my kitchen last night!

I thought it would also be interesting to show pictures since there has been so much talk recently about the super white quartzites. Our neighbor friends showed up last night to see the kitchen (by the way, I'm discovering how fun it is to show off a kitchen I love and put together!) and brought over a bottle of red wine. DH broke open the bottle and we poured several glasses right over the new quartzite. He did (surprisingly) lay down one piece of paper towel and while I noticed a few drops of wine on the towel, no etching or staining on the stone itself. Obviously not a good or true test, but I did have to remind myself to breathe and just relax when I walked back into the kichen and saw an open bottle of red wine sitting in the middle of my new island!

Christine... I can't wait to see your pics!!

Enduring... It is a lovely piece of SS. I've searched online for "titanium soapstone" and couldn't come up with anything. Because I like to know the background of things, I may call the supplier to get more info on his stone.

Breezy... I'm hoping that the majority of the kitchen will be finished by end of next week. Big reveal? Maybe in 2 weeks time if I can get my act together and move us back in!

• lazy_gardens
    12 years ago

Now I know how they get those huge slabs into the house ... nice little 2-wheeled trolly.

• boxerpups
    12 years ago

Your counter choices are fantastic.
    ~boxer

• enduring
    12 years ago

You could have poured that wine on the SS;) I love your beverage counter! It is so beautiful.

I really am excited to hear how you like your soapstone when you get to using it. I love mine and my kitchen stone isn't nearly as glamourous as yours. I love putting the wine glass on the counter and pouring a glass, setting the bottle down, and admiring my little bit of elegance in my little bit of a kitchen.

Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

• taggie
    12 years ago

Ooooooh, I love that beverage counter too, so pretty! And they really did a fantastic job matching that seam in the side run, wow.

• joaniepoanie
    12 years ago

Very pretty....and serene......enjoy!

• dragonfly08
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Enduring... It didn't even occur to me until I read your post... What was my DH doing pouring red wine on the island when he has a brand new wine bar?? Lol! That totally escaped me at the time! Btw, your kitchen is beautiful and I absolutely love and admire what you did for your backsplash!

Joanie... It is amazing to have the countertops installed. When do we get a peek at yours??

• dianalo
    12 years ago

Those stones are gorgeous!
    I think your installer is an artist with how perfectly he matched up the seams ;) It is silly, but seams are a big deal to me. I just love our 4 small seams (about 1.5" each) and how they are near invisible. A mismatched seam would really bug me. I am ok with things not being symmetrical and am not an uptight person usually, but there is something about seams....

• kateskouros
    12 years ago

really GORGEOUS! i can't wait to see the finish!

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Thanks for the timeline. I'll be watching! But, I'll be a little sad if you post in two weeks because that would mean that you're much faster at finishing a kitchen than I am. ((sigh)) Good on ya!

• enduring
    12 years ago

But Breezy, maybe Dragonfly isn't doing a WHOLE house...I don't know?

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH