Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch 800 induction owners - please help...(cross-post)

Posted by MadsMama (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 12:09

(Cross-posting from Appliances forum)
We just installed a Bosch 800 induction unit and within a day, the hob selector buttons were basically inoperable. The unit powers on, but it's nearly impossible to get a burner to actually engage. I am asking Bosch to replace the unit, but wondered for those that have this model, is it difficult to select the burners (in other words, do you have to press really hard)? The repair guy that came to inspect the unit was saying he didn't understand why they put "pressure pads" on the glass since glass isn't flexible. I've read nothing but great things about this unit, but he has me a little concerned. Please tell me he's wrong and you love your unit. :)

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch 800 induction owners - please help...(cross-post)

I have the 300 model,not the 800, where all of the controls are on glass, not metal. They are not pressure pads - they are tough controls and a light touch should be all that is necessary. He is wrong.

o
RE: Bosch 800 induction owners - please help...(cross-post)

I have the 800 series and love it. I had to learn the touch controls though, they are a simple touch, no pressure required.I hope they resovle your issues, it's a wonderful cooktop!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here